Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Lumberjack89
Fire Beetle

Question EQ Blinks black and closes

i click on the Everquest shortcut and a black screen appears for a split second and then it goes back to my desktop.

there isn't an error message that pops up either. I've read through a lot of the Frequently asked questions and can't seem to find an answer. I tried to change the settings in the compatibility tab by changing each setting 1 by 1. I've tried to start it in "run this program as an admin". I've made sure the target is "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme.... and that doesn't seem to work. my specs are..

Intel(R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
RAM 2gig
32-bit Operating System
Vista
Old 03-08-2010, 03:38 AM
trevius
Developer

Sounds like the issue that typically happens when either your video drivers or DirectX are not the correct versions (need DX9c I think). Or, even more common is that it is a resolution issue which should be covered in the FAQ in my sig.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:25 AM
Budah
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem, yet I have most recent drivers and directx. I THINK it is because I recently downloaded the 14 day free trial of EQ before I installed titanium. I am starting over to see if that is the problem. If it is then I will keep you updated.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 AM
Budah
Fire Beetle

*sigh* I am right in the middle of re-installing and I realized that I didn't do any of the dual-core fixes. I noticed that one of the common issues is failure to load and screen blinking black and quitting. I'm going to redo the installation process and then do that and see if it works. Work in a few hours, let's see =D
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM
trevius
Developer

If you downloaded the free trial, I suggest uninstalling that and deleting it's folder before you reinstall Titanium again. I don't know what that trial does differently than the normal EQLive install, but there seems to be something it does that causes EQEmu to break completely even if you have EQEmu installed in a separate folder.