Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:04 AM
vexed
Fire Beetle

Thats kind of what i was thinking as well, and the reason why I wanted to dl somebody elses ini file!
Old 12-31-2008, 07:29 PM
sirweasles
Fire Beetle

Default no servers

ok i got every thing working and there are no servers to select from
Old 12-31-2008, 07:47 PM
trevius
Developer

You are replying to an old thread. You should be using this guide to get connected to play:

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

If you are still having an issue, then you should make a new post for it. Sometimes the server list won't show up but if you exit and login again, it will work. If it isn't ever working, then you are probably running the wrong version of EQ or have ports being blocked by a firewall or proxy.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Grimsawyer
Fire Beetle

Ok, so, check this out. Got all the way to step 6. Error - A timeout has occurred.... Lets get some history. I've played EQ since it launched back in '99 sometime. Have a friend that plays here. My disks/downloads diddn't work here so I got the super shiny secrets of fadwyer disks from him(mind you, I have all the expansions including SOF... just downloaded, AND PAID FOR the recent ones) and had trouble with step 4 until I deleted the last extra spaces after all the text. Then I bashed my head into my monitor for a day searching this site and asking friends how to add patchme to the end of the text(just add a space dummy!) and now this. I've opened my firewall up to EQ Not sure how to goof with my proxy. Powered down my comp, router and modem, SEVERAL times, still I get: Error- a timeout has occurred... I enter my name and password and 2-3 seconds later the message pops up without fail. Dosn't matter if I double click the shortcut or right click and run as admin and click accept. (like I have to with the "offiial" servers) Anyone got any ideas or links that I might have missed? I feel like I'm beating a dead horse's great grandchildren, and I apologize for not being more computer savvy but this is the end of my rope. At least I still have enough to hang myself with it, LOL! Any help woud be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:47 PM
trevius
Developer

This thread is from 2004 and last reply before yours is 2008! Please start a new thread next time instead of replying to 1 that is so old. Procedures change around here somewhat regularly and replying to something so old probably isn't the best idea, since whatever the original topic was for is no longer valid or has been answered since then multiple times.

That aside, you might find some useful information in the FAQ in my sig. Sounds like you are maybe creating your shortcut for everquest.exe instead of eqgame.exe. Or, maybe you are not saving your host file properly. Sometimes it gets saves as eqhost.txt.txt and you might not notice if you have known file extensions set to not be displayed. Yet another possibility is that you may be playing from some location (work, school, airport, etc) that uses a proxy and blocks port 5998. If you are not playing from home, or if you do not own the modem that connects you to the internet (some type of shared connection), it is very possible that there is a proxy in place that is blocking your connection attempts. If that is the case, there may be little you can do about it other than to ask the network administrator to open port 5998.