Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:09 AM
nexenn
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a semi-legit server!

Looking for a semi-legit server to get on and play around a bit summoning items and #lvl myself to 70 lol, just wanna go hit up like old sebilis and some pop zones and have some fun... Thanks!
Old 04-11-2006, 10:06 AM
typhoon
Sarnak

Well if my Zones on my Windows box would stop crashing you could play around on PrimalHonor (0.6.6 -766). I only have up through Luclin right now since I am running PEQ DB. Pretty much alot of the commands are open so you can do what you were looking for.

If it is up, give it a try.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexenn
Looking for a semi-legit server to get on and play around a bit summoning items and #lvl myself to 70 lol, just wanna go hit up like old sebilis and some pop zones and have some fun... Thanks!
Forbidden_Zone..
It have a few POP zones..
Old 04-12-2006, 12:46 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default 13th floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
Forbidden_Zone..
It have a few POP zones..
Now that EQBuilder is out things are going to look good for a lot more Servers .
I already populated 20 more zones.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-12-2006, 05:06 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
Now that EQBuilder is out things are going to look good for a lot more Servers .
I already populated 20 more zones.
Im just gonna do it all by hand. The empty zones I mean. It will have have nothing to do with live except the models and maybe some MOBs names.
Ive never been to any of those zones so they are gonna be whatever I make of them.
Old 04-13-2006, 03:36 PM
nexenn
Fire Beetle

sweet thx guys, are these servers that if i dont have eqemu installed i can still go ahead and do the installation or am i still out of luck with all servers untill they update?
Old 04-14-2006, 12:55 AM
TheClaus
Discordant

I wish that EQAdmin tool still worked. That was the coolest builder in the world. Especially when it came to placing spawns. It used SEQ maps and then would put the information you had back into the db.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:46 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaus
I wish that EQAdmin tool still worked. That was the coolest builder in the world. Especially when it came to placing spawns. It used SEQ maps and then would put the information you had back into the db.
I still use it's basic functions for accounting issues.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-17-2006, 04:16 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexenn
sweet thx guys, are these servers that if i dont have eqemu installed i can still go ahead and do the installation or am i still out of luck with all servers untill they update?
Your out of luck...Sorry..
Old 04-17-2006, 04:35 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Default Working on it..

I started a Delphi project with the intention of either using the simple maps from the EQ folder or using a .dxf file of the zone geometry itself. But its way out of my league right now.
I have other projects with pretty all the info I need its just a matter of buying a big bottle of aspirin and toothpicks to keep my eyes open!

But I can already extract the zone geometry to a .dxf file and I can find the code to render in my prog. I have to learn and understand more about matrix and coordinates system for the zones yet.

I just have a long way to go to understand Databases/sql/php and stuff..
But rendering the zone and placing markers for the MOBS wont be that hard..
Its just getting info in and out of DB I dont have any knowledge of..
Old 04-17-2006, 04:43 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Default spawning

Actually, I have the DB technicals covered. I know the structure very well, and can automate the spawning of zones, but the Z-height is something I have not figured out.

Say at coord 600,600, determine the z-height, then create a spawn there or a spawn path...

If you can convert the 3D zone into a matrix of x,y,z, then you're almost there.

GeorgeS
Old 04-17-2006, 05:08 AM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS
Actually, I have the DB technicals covered. I know the structure very well, and can automate the spawning of zones, but the Z-height is something I have not figured out.

Say at coord 600,600, determine the z-height, then create a spawn there or a spawn path...

If you can convert the 3D zone into a matrix of x,y,z, then you're almost there.

GeorgeS
Yes..Im pretty sure I can render the zone in a matrix. I can convert to .dxf right now using other progs. I have many projects that can load and render a .dxf file in 3dmatrix..Maybe I can work on this later..Im learning much by using and modifying sources from this editor...(This guy has also provided me with many tutorials to render things using his directx8.1 rutines..)
http://www.dxtre3d.com/