Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

This thread is alot like Christianity, there is a death(ban), rebirth(unban) and huge disappointment(no updates).
Old 04-10-2012, 02:35 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
This thread is alot like Christianity, there is a death(ban), rebirth(unban) and huge disappointment(no updates).
Yeah I know right? There need to be some updates going on in this thread!
Old 04-10-2012, 04:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Yeah I know right? There need to be some updates going on in this thread!
Yeah, I am sure there would be more updates if I wasn't so easily distracted or busy with RL stuff most of the time :P Been working on the VoA/Live client a bit and will be doing some more work on the AllaClone pretty soon. Though, I am not sure when the new stuff will be ready for a news update as there are quite a few things that need to be worked on. We may be able to have a couple of the new parts ready, but ultimately there are a lot of parts to work on that haven't even been started yet.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:00 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

The sneak peaks I've seen are very promising, and I've been working on a counterpart to it all.
It's still in the proof-of-concept stage, but you can mess around with it.

http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/eq/mapvis/?zone=dawnshroud

For initial testing I'm just dumping the map files that azone2 produces. They still need chunked up according to the map's octree so we can get some culling performance boosts, but on a reasonably modern machine and browser it's perfectly usable as-is.
I've tested it in chrome and firefox, but chrome has the best performance.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:08 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
The sneak peaks I've seen are very promising, and I've been working on a counterpart to it all.
It's still in the proof-of-concept stage, but you can mess around with it.

http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/eq/mapvis/?zone=dawnshroud

For initial testing I'm just dumping the map files that azone2 produces. They still need chunked up according to the map's octree so we can get some culling performance boosts, but on a reasonably modern machine and browser it's perfectly usable as-is.
I've tested it in chrome and firefox, but chrome has the best performance.
I will just add to this by saying how awesome this is already and what Tabasco and I have conceptually spoke about it to be.

The idea was to be able to edit spawns and grids through either a 2d or 3d editor so you could quickly make adjustments instead of constantly waiting to see the output of your result. Creating a zone can become quite tedious really quick if you are doing the whole thing or even just mapping out a few grids for a few different NPC's.

We also spoke about being able to simply edit zone lines or possibly even object or door placement. How awesome would that be?

Looks like Tabasco already has NPC selection and spawns working straight to the database. I loaded up Everfrost where the igloo and several path conjunction comes together:

------------------------------------

EOC - EQEmu Operations Center

To keep people from constantly hanging on to 'Ok what is going on here? What are we waiting on?' here is a few teasers from an editor I have been working on. Any of the stuff Trevius is working on he will have to show himself, sounds like he has been a little distracted with VoA client stuff at this time.

This whole 'secret' is an intuitive editor that we want tailored towards custom development and to take down development time down by fractions by what you would spend doing things through traditional tools available right now. Even though we've been blessed with all of the tools created thus far, between Trevius' and I's perspective custom development can be tedious and the process deserves some intuitive tools to speed up the process.

To start, one of the first things I started working on was an item editor. This item editor interfaces directly with the AllaClone and if you are logged in as an administrator, an 'edit' option will appear next to your item so you can start editing the item right in a very fast and 'under construction' intuitive interface.

What I hope to achieve with this:
  • A way to automatically scale an item by solo, group, raid definitions that are pre-built into your EOC database (We will be throwing these together)
  • A way to randomize statistical fields within a range for speed of customization
  • A way to visually see icons and edit them very swiftly
  • To edit weapon graphics very quickly and have an on-demand viewer that integrates with the editor and other parts of EOC
  • A way to resolve some of the issues that you have with traditional item editing
  • Making intuitive graphical visuals to reference certain field types
  • Creating ultimate functionality and speed for creating items and leaving more time for development in other areas
  • To also wrap this interface in a EverQuest feel to also fuel your development endeavours

First you start with you search criteria that is the same thing that you see here:http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...isearch=Search

You will then see something similar to this:

http://i.imgur.com/kOCH2.png (Linked due to image limitation)

You select your item and you are brought into a very quick interface to edit your item:

I have other field translations that I need to do yet before I just link it and let people go away on it. I also want to make sure Trevius is ready to start letting people tool around with it before I start linking stuff, he is working on some cool stuff as well.

As you can tell, all of this is web-based and you require no special software to access this other than a decent browser (Not IE *cough).

This will be setup completely with user based access permissions and action based logs to hold developers to accountability and to see what is being done from a user perspective.

To jump back to the item editor, whenever you hit save a very quick Save will confirm your item creation or save by also generating a query that you can paste to someone else to also import it into their database for off-site editing.

Code:
REPLACE INTO items (`Name`, `lore`, `id`, `minstatus`, `artifactflag`, `fvnodrop`, `icon`, `idfile`, `itemclass`, `itemtype`, 
`loregroup`, `magic`, `material`, `nodrop`, `norent`, `pendingloreflag`, `tradeskills`, `classes`, `races`, `reclevel`, `recskill`, `reqlevel`, 
`size`, `slots`, `weight`, `attuneable`, `nopet`, `potionbelt`, `potionbeltslots`, `stacksize`, `notransfer`, `stackable`, `expendablearrow`,
 `bagsize`, `bagslots`, `bagtype`, `bagwr`, `price`, `ldonprice`, `ldontheme`, `ldonsold`, `sellrate`, `favor`, `guildfavor`, `pointtype`, 
`ldonsellbackrate`, `deity`, `light`, `updated`, `comment`, `serialized`, `verified`, `serialization`, `source`, `evolvinglevel`, `created`, 
`scrolleffect`, `scrolltype`, `scrolllevel2`, `scrolllevel`, `scrollname`, `astr`, `heroic_str`, `adex`, `heroic_dex`, `asta`, `heroic_sta`, 
`aagi`, `heroic_agi`, `acha`, `heroic_cha`, `awis`, `heroic_wis`, `aint`, `heroic_int`, `cr`, `heroic_cr`, `fr`, `heroic_fr`, `dr`, `heroic_dr`,
 `mr`, `heroic_mr`, `pr`, `heroic_pr`, `svcorruption`, `heroic_svcorrup`, `accuracy`, `avoidance`, `dotshielding`, `shielding`, `spellshield`, 
`strikethrough`, `stunresist`, `dsmitigation`, `healamt`, `clairvoyance`, `attack`, `combateffects`, `damageshield`, `endur`, `hp`, `regen`,
 `mana`, `manaregen`, `enduranceregen`, `banedmgamt`, `banedmgraceamt`, `banedmgbody`, `banedmgrace`, `extradmgskill`, 
`extradmgamt`, `damage`, `delay`, `elemdmgtype`, `elemdmgamt`, `haste`, `range`, `spelldmg`, `backstabdmg`, `augrestrict`, 
`augslot1type`, `augslot1visible`, `augslot2type`, `augslot2visible`, `augslot3type`, `augslot3visible`, `augslot4type`, `augslot4visible`, 
`augslot5type`, `augslot5visible`, `augtype`, `augdistiller`, `augslot1unk2`, `augslot2unk2`, `augslot3unk2`, `augslot4unk2`, 
`augslot5unk2`, `casttime`, `casttime_`, `clicktype`, `clicklevel2`, `focuseffect`, `clicklevel`, `maxcharges`, `procrate`, `clickeffect`, 
`recastdelay`, `recasttype`, `proceffect`, `proctype`, `proclevel2`, `proclevel`, `worneffect`, `worntype`, `wornlevel2`, `wornlevel`, 
`focustype`, `focuslevel2`, `focuslevel`, `clickname`, `procname`, `wornname`, `focusname`, `bardeffect`, `bardeffecttype`, 
`factionamt1`, `factionamt2`, `factionamt3`, `factionamt4`, `factionmod1`, `factionmod2`, `factionmod3`, `factionmod4`, `bardtype`, 
`bardvalue`, `book`, `charmfile`, `charmfileid`, `color`, `filename`, `skillmodtype`, `skillmodvalue`, `summonedflag`, `UNK012`, `UNK013`, 
`benefitflag`, `UNK054`, `UNK059`, `booktype`, `UNK123`, `UNK124`, `UNK127`, `UNK134`, `UNK137`, `UNK142`, `UNK147`, `UNK152`, 
`UNK157`, `UNK033`) VALUES ('Al\'Kabor\'s Pestle', 'Oversized grinding power for really tough jobs', '122463', '0', '0', '0', '3109', 'IT11685', '0', 
'3', '-1', '1', '0', '1', '1', '0', '0', '16841', '65515', '90', '0', '87', '2', '24576', '11', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '1', '6743',
 '6743', '0', '70', '0', '3', '2011-12-17 08:41:58', '', '0000-00-00 00:00:00', '2011-06-27 21:18:57', '', '13THFLOOR', '0', '2011-01-23 11:06:01', 
'-1', '0', '0', '0', '', '50', '0', '30', '0', '42', '0', '13', '0', '18', '0', '21', '0', '15', '0', '26', '0', '33', '0', '28', '0', '46', '0', '41', '0', '23', '0', '5', '5', '3', '3', '4',
 '5', '3', '3', '21', '38', '60', '6', '3', '1926', '2004', '2', '1926', '3', '0', '0', '0', '0', '25', '0', '0', '102', '24', '0', '0', '0', '0', '11', '0', '0', '8', '1', '0', '1', '0', 
'1', '0', '1', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '-1', '0', '0', '0', '-1', '0', '0', '17854', '0', '0', '0', '-1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '', '', '', '-1',
 '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '0', '4278190080', '', '-1', '0', '0', '0', '1', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0', '0');
Old 04-15-2012, 08:19 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here's another snippet:

I'd like to hear some thoughts as I will most likely need help getting a library of information for this tool as I would like to get images of all of the races in EverQuest so it can be provided in an NPC editor as well.

It wouldn't be very hard to get quick reference tools to look up Races and their numbers with a visual mosaic of NPC races and things like that will cut down development time in half if not more depending on the monotonous task.

For the NPC editor I want to be able to build definitions for NPC's so you can scale a group of selected NPC's in a zone by solo, group, raid and/or by level and intuitively change their fields with graphical references like you see in the item editor.

(I'm just spewing at the mouth at this point)

What I also wanted to build for the NPC editor was a way to flexibly build templates for NPC's. So if you wanted to build a scaling template for a zone, you could go in your NPC template and build scaling definitions based on a zone and it will scale based on the level of the NPC.

It has also gone through my mind to build templates for NPC's say if you wanted to make a Merchant NPC or a Raid NPC, you would save the fields that are commonly associated with that NPC such as special attacks that you have set before, appearances, size and things of that nature so that you do not have to spend time performing redundant tasks of the past.

----------------

As I am still working on the item editor, I will follow up with an actual live demo here shortly. My schedule is quite packed and yesterday is the first day in a few weeks that I have had to even look at it. It won't take very long to finish it up and Trevius and I can discuss getting it out to the SVN that we have built for the AllaClone and start developing onto it as we go along.

This is not to step on any other editor but provide an interface tailored towards custom development and cutting development tasks down by fractions of the typical time it takes to do anything.

I'm missing quite a few things but maybe this will at least fill everyone in on what we've been working towards.

If anyone has any questions or thoughts please fire away.

Thanks,
~Akkadius
Old 04-15-2012, 08:45 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

This is looking pretty cool and I am excited by this post of yours.
Cant wait for it to be ready for public consumption.
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Old 04-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Preview

Here are a few links of some items for those who want to tool around with this and get a feel with what is done so far.

Keep in mind that there is an entire interface that precedes this window that is not going to be revealed quite yet, I've opened up the Item editor so it requires no authentication.

Also keep in mind that the layout is definitely not final and I'm still working on adding small editors to individual fields, I have about a dozen or so more to go for spell effect selection, scroll selection, augmentation distillers, augmentation types, slots, races as well as a few others I'm missing right now.

I will also be rearranging the way some fields lay out for ease of visual navigation by grouping 'like' fields. The entire form is dynamically generated so I have to do a little bit to work around that and still keep it flexible.

Things to be added:
  • Toggling music and sound effects (easy)
  • Automatic scaling of an entire item based on definitions
  • Modular editing, this means that only fields and sections relevant to the item you are editing will show. For example, in the menu that preceds this interface, if you wanted to create a new item it will ask you what item type you would like to produce (Tradeskill, Quest Item, Bag, Weapon, Jewelery etc.), only fields relevant to that item type will show in the editor to reduce the overwhelming aspect of how large the editor is

http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...ditItem=121351
http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...ditItem=129097
http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...ditItem=122260
http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...ditItem=111866

Let me know if you have questions. Also, do not be afraid to break anything, this is completely tied to an irrelevant test database comprised of one of PEQ's most recent DB dumps.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 PM
xinu
Sarnak

Very nice i really like what you have done so far. When i first heard the music first thing that popped into my mind was Ultima Online
Still alive and looking for more Developers

EverQuest 2 Emulator
Vanguard SoH Emulator
Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Default Spell Search & Preview

Got quite a few things done tonight. One of these things include child window handling for spell searches.

Here is a very visual spell search and selector that automatically updates the 'View' fields with the tooltip information on mouse over to view the spell information:

Check out the live tool here as shown in previous post:

http://69.168.254.244/eoc/AllaClone/...ditItem=122463

Class selection was also added as well as grabbing a free item ID from the items table. We'll see how much more I can get done tonight.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:48 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Any updates to AllaClone or the new editor?

Would still like to get the AC update that let's me use lootlinks and I still can't get the blue theme to work =/
Old 06-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Tabasco
Discordant

I did some work with the quest parser and should have a more functional script as well as fresher pre-made quest includes.

I mostly just added the missing functions and methods as I found them but some of the quests require formatting changes. That diff is here: http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/quests.diff.txt

The allaclone modifications for quests are here:
http://dungeoncrawl.us.to/allaquests.tar.gz
Old 08-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Just so people know. I've picked work back up on this. I intended on people being able to use it remotely without having to install it.

Yes, this will require you to enter in DB info which will be done on the fly.

Should see something sometime soon that is usable.

I will start by having the Item editor publicly usable, will be a centralized hosted solution for now.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:04 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

I almost can not believe I will not be required to use Windows to make edits! Oh, it says Apple Quicktime required. I don't suppose there is a more OS neutral solution? I would very much love to dump windows once and for all. I just do not care for the direction windows is going.

In other news Valve seems to be making a big push into linux, perhaps putting together something that is Ubuntu friendly for Client and Server sides could become workable at some point?

Really love what you guys are doing, this is going to make customizing so much easier.

Sincerely thank all of you!
P.S. Ubuntu would not personally be my first linux choice, I prefer Fedora or CentOS depending. I only said Ubuntu because there seems to be so much momentum building behind it at the moment.

Last edited by rhyotte; 08-05-2012 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: add in p.s.