Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:27 AM
bakkily
Fire Beetle

Default hi i currently play on the classic, but have questions about other servs

hi, right now im on the classic server, got a guy also up to 60 on the ez server, but i dont understand what the peq server is about, and wondering

is there a server close to live, that has all the content, not exactly a easy mode to lvl up, but so for instance i got a guy to 30 and am in a guild and we wanna get a group to do a ldon, (one of my favorite, probally is my favorite expansion), and ect, im guessing the peq grand creation server may be like this, only got beastlord up to 5 so far in a few hours of playing

i do love the ez server because on my shaman i can own almost any mob i attack

for anyone who replys with helpful info, thanks
Old 08-15-2010, 01:14 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

PEQ is THE closest to LIVE setting server there is, in regards to both, content and difficulty.
Old 08-15-2010, 08:34 PM
bakkily
Fire Beetle

k thanks, can you two box on that server? on my original account i have a 5 bst lord as ive stated already, but made a 2nd, and first logged into it to make a shaman, then i logged in my original account, but when that account gets done loading in the the server, it closes out, so then im thinking two boxing isnt allowd or is it?

my computers a bit old, actually got it to play eq 2, and back then it ran it super well
Old 08-16-2010, 03:26 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I believe they allow up to 5 boxing, but check on details at http://www.projecteq.net/
Old 08-16-2010, 08:13 AM
trevius
Developer

There is currently no limit to the number of boxes you can run at once on PEQ. They considered adding a limit recently, but that idea has been put on-hold at least for now. If it ever did go in, I would guess the limit would be at least 5 or more.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:32 AM
bakkily
Fire Beetle

k thanks, figure though id still would like to group with other people as well, to me i just like to mess/goof around on the ez server when bored, and really wanting to play like a eq live, i have done all the original eq zones, (didnt do much till i came back PoP era, and would usally power lvl in those zones do to no one being there) but ive never done much of kunark/ or velious

but for the content on this server, is it original, kunark, and the next few more expansions passed up to GoD? figure it may be, but thanks for all the help so far, gonna pump my guys up to lvl 20 today so i can try some LDoN
Old 08-28-2010, 05:13 PM
Quellren
Fire Beetle

PEQ has a super friendly, but not team-oriented playerbase. The /ooc channel is world-wide and has some excellent conversation and advice, but it has been my experience while leveling a rotating party of characters to 55-60 that true grouping is almost nonexistant. Everyone boxes, and most box a full party, or at least the pieces that cover all the bases. I myself regularly box 4 chars. If you ask you might find someone that will accept you into their box-squad (I likely would) but it's not like the situation on live where a 6 man party is really 6 different people. I often play with my brother and a RL friend, each of us 2-boxing and have joked about each of us 6 boxing and raiding as an 18man mob.
It is however the most live-like experience in EQEmu. Right now it parallels live up to LDoN, with a few GoD zones open, more will follow in the future.

I usually play on PEQ, but if youre coming in hopes of PuGs, save yourself the dissapointment, its really uncommon.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Jaqua
Fire Beetle

PeQ does have "some" grouping. I have made a few friends on my MIA server they have helped me and I have helped them. I have not yet started boxing yet and tbh I dont really want to.
Something to consider is that most guilds wont even recruit you unless you box and some even have mandatory healer. While this is not to my taste some people enjoy it. I am a ranger getting up there and must maintain a constant vigil about my hate build up. jolting is good jolting blades is better.. so jolt jolt ect. So it would be extremely difficult to play a tank and a healer and a ranger atleast for me.

PeQ is a slice of heaven as far as the community goes. Most people arent rude you can usually get a buff within minutes of askin for one, I recommend you tip tho..

Now when the server comes back up im takin my ranger to try for his epic with the help of my friends since one in particular has a ranger near my level.

once i score my lovely twin blades of doomage Im going to help others level as I work on my aa so if i see you in game ill give ya a hand getting started.. even have some hand me down gear that I can part with.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:50 AM
bakkily1
Fire Beetle

yea got my guys to 31 so far, a bst and shaman, just wish the server was up, sadly i did get my wow account up, but only because few family members are playing, not too bad messing around on my shaman there and having some nice pvp fun

but i hope peq will be up soon, been 3 days (if i had a job id give in a extra 20-50 bucks) but sadly no job, but anyways, itll be a ton of fun to play when its back up
Old 08-29-2010, 10:18 AM
sorvani
Dragon

I run a team of 6, but most of the time if a solo guildy comes on LFG I drop one of my guys to bring them in the group. If I'm in the middle of burning my lesson AA I may not offer till it wears off though. Hate ta waste the bonus XP