Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:50 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

Default Current Bot Issues

I have compiled from the latest Windows Server Guide from the home page. Added Bots and have found three issues so far. [Win 7]

Bot will be referred to as "she" or "her"

1) Zoning: When zoning I notice that even though she is still in the group, she is not active or following. I have to disband her and then reinvite to group in order for her to participate and follow.

2) Attack Rate: When she is respawned from death in current zone, she has a rapid fire attack rate akin to a delay of 1 or something incredibly low. it is like a machine gun firing but the damage seems to be hand to hand instead of her current weapon. If I repspawn her again or zone, then she returns to normal.

3) Beastlord: The Beastlord bot is trying to heal her pet even when the pet is already at 100%. I think she is trying to heal me or herself but casting the wrong spell. it just causes her to burn all her mana.

None of these are critical and all have workarounds except for the beastlord issue. Wanted to point these out and see if a fix is possible.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:02 PM
Uleat
Developer

I'm adding these to my 'bots' issues list...

I've had trouble with the zonging-grouping thing..even after adding Natedog's '_utf8' fixes.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 11-01-2014, 08:45 PM
uwill
Sarnak

Hey Uleat! You helped me add cleric spells to my bots on irc! Because of an unrelated issue I had to basically remake my entire server, I have the above mentioned problems and am now unable to add 'Blessing of Temperance' or 'Heroic Bond' to my cleric bots ability to cast. I haven't tried with other spells since everything else seems to be working fine. I used your OOC_Bard_spells sql and ran a query updating (701, 4053, 8, 45, 51, 10) and it didn't have the effect it did before. Anyways, if you find a fix, hook a brother up!