Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Tutorials/Howto's > Tutorials--Outdated Use the Wiki > Tutorials::Discussion

Tutorials::Discussion Discuss Tutorials here. Do NOT POST tutorials here, they belong on the wiki.

Old 05-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Probably a typo... please copy + paste from the actual window.

@ BArnett - yes. locate your eqgame.exe file in your everquest folder. remember the path name (something like "c:\program files\sony\everquest trilogy\eqgame.exe")

Make a shortcut to this file, and in the target line, make sure the target is:

"C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest Trilogy\eqgame.exe" patchme

NOTE: your folders may be different, but still, put the target in quotes, and then press the spacebar once after the end quote and add "patchme" - make sure there are no extra spaces and that the patchme is outside of the quotes. this will now skip the patcher.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:27 PM
bouzi567
Fire Beetle

i got a wierd problem it seems i installed everythin and got stuck on the io:scalar file.......got past it and installed it and checked to see if it was in fact installed and it said it was got to the end of guide and i did run world.exe and boot5zone thing and all was good loading till zone windows at the end said error initializing perlembed: failed to install plugin printhook, do you lack io:scalar? ///// then it said one more after that saying fatal error initializing perl: failed to install plugin printhook, do you lack io:scalar?/////what do i do or miss???
Old 05-09-2005, 11:31 PM
ModemMisuser
Fire Beetle

ProjectEQ.net is DOA, is it coming back, or is there another spot to get the database scripts from?
Old 05-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

http://www.Projecteq.net is back and i hope for long time :p
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:53 PM
yyewman
Fire Beetle

1-09-04_Compiled_Perl.zip link is dead

Is there another mirror?

Thanks
Old 05-31-2005, 12:38 PM
Iamien
Sarnak

I to am looking for a mirror to the mirrored 6.0 DR2 Compiled download
Old 05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Ghost Fire
Sarnak

Is this what your looking for?
Old 05-31-2005, 03:11 PM
Iamien
Sarnak

yes thank you any now maybe a mod wil update the link in the tutorial?
Old 06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default IO::Scalar ;d

Greetings ! ok , as to the guy or anyone for that matter whoe xperience the following problem..
you successfully install IO::Scalar, but you get the boot5zones error .. , if you notice in your c: directory or wherever you have the main perl folder, NOT INSIDE OF IT but in the same directory as your perl folder.. you will see one called .cpan
in there is everything you installed when you use the install IO::Scalar using the -MCPAN .. you were basically making a new folder called cpan to install it all to .. so what you do is go insid ethe folder, until you find the one with like lib and such (it will look like a bunch of the same folders in the ACTUAL perl folder) and you paste those i nto your perl folder, overlapping all files .. then it will run flawlessly , except for commands.pl error which is irrelevant ! if you have questions, still I'll attempt to assist !

Good luck
Old 08-28-2005, 01:59 AM
Mutamu
Fire Beetle

Default Login

hokay, ive done all in the guide (im pretty sure ive done everything as ive reead through and checked everything about 5 times) and world.exe and the zone programs work, but when i try to log in i get a "timeout" error, whats the prob?
Old 08-29-2005, 01:58 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Default Help please.....

Here's my files first so we can get that out of the way, then i'll ask a simple question that hopefully you guys can answer...My first server, so please dont bash!

EQHOST.TXT
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998
DB.INI
Code:
 # READ README.TXT!
[Database]
host=localhost
user=******
password=****
database=eq

### --- This file tells world.exe what computer mySQL is on. Host should
### --- be left "localhost" unless mysql is on a differant computer than world.exe
LOGINSERVER.INI
Code:
### --- This file tells world.exe what loginserver to connect to.
### --- Leave the account and password field BLANK.
### --- Public Login is un-supported as is LAN playing. We reccomend using the EQEmu.net Loginserver ALWAYS.
### --- NOTE: Starting 6-1-2002, you can no longer use the word "Server" in worldname.
### --- NOTE2: the word "Server" is added to each server automaticly.
# READ README.TXT
[LoginServer]
loginserver=eqemulator.net
loginport=5994
worldname=JustTestingThanks
worldaddress=70.240.135.110
locked=false
account=
password=

[WorldServer]
Defaultstatus=0
Unavailzone=
[ChatChannelServer]
worldshortname=
chataddress=
chatport=
And finally,

Boot5Zones.BAT
Code:
REM: ****Read this first!!!****
REM: This file requires your real IP in the place of "YourIP" when you are connecting
REM: To the EQEmu Loginserver.
REM: When you are using minilogin, Replace all IP Addresses to say 127.0.0.1
REM: If you still get errors try using localhost instead of 127.0.0.1
REM:--------------Start-----------------------
@echo off
if NOT exist spells_us.txt goto NOSPELL
start zoneperl . 70.240.135.110 7995 70.240.135.110
start zoneperl . 70.240.135.110 7996 70.240.135.110
start zoneperl . 70.240.135.110 7997 70.240.135.110
start zoneperl . 70.240.135.110 7998 70.240.135.110
start zoneperl . 70.240.135.110 7999 70.240.135.110
exit
cls
:NOSPELL
echo You did not copy the spells_us.txt from your everquest directory to this one. Please do so or zones will crash on startup.
PAUSE
REM:---------------END------------------------
That's basically all...

If you see an issue, let me know...I'll try it.

Everything connects fine to eqemu, but again I dont see my server called "JustTestingThanks Server" on there...any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

It seems to me like your eqhost is on port 5998 and you are creating a 5994 type server. I dont know anything about a 6.0 type server but if you are sure thats the version client you have then try changing eqhost to port 5994.
Old 08-29-2005, 02:28 PM
ubatch
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Zauis
It seems to me like your eqhost is on port 5998 and you are creating a 5994 type server. I dont know anything about a 6.0 type server but if you are sure thats the version client you have then try changing eqhost to port 5994.
Ok, now it's hanging at "Logging in to the server. Please wait..."

When you log in to the server, is there any activity in the World.exe window or zone windows? I'm getting none, hehe...Again, its not going into the server select at all =/
Old 08-29-2005, 04:16 PM
Dr Zauis
I know how to fix that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubatch
Ok, now it's hanging at "Logging in to the server. Please wait..."

When you log in to the server, is there any activity in the World.exe window or zone windows? I'm getting none, hehe...Again, its not going into the server select at all =/
world.exe should say something like new client logging in on blablabla..
So you should see yourself trying to log in..So maybe your server isnt "hearing" you at all. Maybe check your port settings in login and 5bootzones.
I run everything localhost and just set my server to public. But thats me. Thats not really the right way but it works.

EDIT>>Thats how a 6.1 looks. I dont really know what a 6.0 says but I suspect the same thing(new client logging in/ect...).

Last edited by Dr Zauis; 08-30-2005 at 12:21 AM..
Old 08-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Uhh yeah hey guys. It's been a long time since I've been around. I've been playing WoW recently, and I haven't worked on eqemu in such a long time. I'd like to get my setup guide back up to date, so if anyone can you know, PM me with what the most up to date and compatable database(s) are, what the new loginserver port/address is, then I'll work on getting my guide up to date (most likely a .pdf or .doc file which I will host for download on my website.