Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-31-2018, 06:50 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default XP Loss on death, 23%

Have checked it repeatedly, and it started before I ever touched my server's db. Starting at level 10, dwarf paladinis losing 23% xp per death using peq in Windows installer within the past week. Haven't double checked If it's just him, he's only one watching it til now. If it's a db issue I can find and fix here, but it predates adjustments on my server from fresh so may need checking. It's been several days, several server restarts etc . ,If I can't find that 23%in the db something else is going on that shouldn't be.

*Sorry, can't check db atm, loaded in live to gather some data and beenzoning for 15 minutes now. Yay lan server, the only other thing I can do on my pc right now is play eqemu, but no db viewing or even task manager.
Old 03-31-2018, 10:10 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

rule_values

Character: DeathExpLossMultiplier
Old 03-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

value in table: 3 definitely not right, but i didnt change it and he said itd been that way since lvl 10 when he started losing xp on death. if i set it to 1 im guessing itll go back to 7.5% or so, though ill have to find the deathxppenalty too and check that.

what is character:deathitemlosslevel for? 86 is such an odd number for anything relating to death i have no idea what it is. i turned off item loss on death altogether, xp loss should be under 10% and i wouldnt think thats an item.

anyway, changed the multiplier to 1. still dont know why it was 3. if it hadnt been doing it since before i changed a single thing with the server, this wouldnt be in this forum.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:32 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

character:deathitemlosslevel is the level your corpse starts leaving items on it, when you die.
If that's what your preference is. It's usual default is 10, not 86 though, haha
Old 03-31-2018, 04:34 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Again, the main wiki

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Server_Rules_New
Old 04-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

well i was confused what it was for because id already gone in and disabled item loss on death, and it was doing so at lvl 10 before i disabled it. and then 86 was such an out in leftfield value for that to be its purpose, i thought it was just one of those similarly named fields or something.