Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Desyncronization When Trying to Put on Gear of Higher Level

Found something interesting. When trying to use a "Polished Mask of the Silverwing" on a level 50 Beastlord, I get these messages on the client:

You are not sufficient level to use this item.
Inventory Desyncronization dected: Resending Slot Data...
Duplicate Lore Item deleted.
Source slot 30 resyncronized.
Source slot 3 resyncronized.

Client is Underfoot, default UI.
Server is Linux created with Akka's linux script.

I have camped out all characters, shutdown the server. Then restarted the server and loaded the characters again. The mask showed up at the cursor. I put it in inventory and camped out, then loaded again. Still occurs with same message. I then did the same camp out and reload character, then delete the item. I collected the items again and made the mask. The same error messages were generated when trying to put the mask on again.

The item is lvl 55 Required. That means the first message about not being sufficient level is good, but why are these resync messages occurring?

As a test, I loaded the GM test character and set his level to 55. He can put on the mask and it works normally. When I took off the mask, dropped his level down to 50, and tried to put on the mask again, the same messages show up including the desyncronization messages.

Why is trying to put on a piece of gear that is too high a level, causing desyncronization?
Old 08-13-2018, 01:43 PM
creakin
Fire Beetle

The issue is with your gm character and you put the item into your inventory.

The last two main inventory slots (slots 9/10) while you are marked as a "GM" are not valid. These will disappear (leaving you a max of 8 inventory slots) when you no longer have your toon marked as a "GM."

Items that get placed into the last two slots while your are a "GM" cause the inventory desync.

Hopefully this answers your question.
Old 08-13-2018, 01:59 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

This was a quick hack since we didn't have support to let you have items which disable their stats yet.
Old 08-13-2018, 06:33 PM
Uleat
Developer

This is particular issue arises from a 'membership' feature inserted into UF and later client code.

If you try to equip a piece of gear that is too high for you to wear, the client will still allow it - and it creates havoc with server behavior. Older clients do not allow this.

You will get a yellow background indicating that you do not meet certain requirements of the item.

The reason we call a desync is that the server is not ready to 'exclude' these items from bonus calculations.

There is a fix for the slot 9/10 issue mentioned above..but, it is still a little bit out.

Currently, there is no eta for a fix for this issue..but, it is known.

Compilin' Dirty