Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
tubbster
Fire Beetle

Question Need help joining the community

Hi, I've had EQ Trilogy since 2001, but never had the means to pay, so I couldn'y play. now that I have found this I have been tryijng hard to make it work. I installed tril, but then the extra patch I had to get had more expansions. I fixed the login/server stuff, but when I go to get on a server, it either freezes, slaps me with error 1017 (which I don't know how to fix), or says I have a buffer overload. I downloaded the new patch on 9/26. Can I make it work? Can I get an old patch? if so where? thx, if u guys can help.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
kawika
Sarnak

Welcome to the community, step 1, LEARN TO READ.

Start by the obvious, the nice red letters at the top of this screen then take a look at the rules.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:10 PM
deazone
Sarnak

Hey Tubbster, after having the mods delete your first post for asking for warez you think you would learn.. was nice knowing you
Old 09-28-2005, 10:23 AM
tubbster
Fire Beetle

Angry

1, I am not asking for wares, I was just asking for a place to look for a method or anything to get going. 2, I did read. 3, I was asking if there is a way to work around it. Everyone has to start somewhere. Yes I know, I don't know the lingo, and I don't know how stuff works. I just want to have a good time playing an old game because I never had the means to play it. Back off. i asked an innocent question. instead of bitching, you could of said one of two things. Either, sure there are ways to work around it... (blah, blah, blah, maybe torrents, maybe the methods to work around it are just a bad idea) or: You are fucked. I am not asking much.

I did read it. I spent two fucking hours trying to figure how things work. I told you my problem, while in the support section, and I just want to know if there is anything I can do about it.
Sometimes patches are archived, that is why I asked. I just figure I didn't know how to look. I apoligize if I am not able spend entire days to figure this out.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:55 AM
tallerin
Hill Giant

Angry

read more cause what you are asking for is prohibited on the forums

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...otPatchWarning

and if you don't want to read more

you are not allowed to ask the EQEmu community for EQ client files for any purpose. This includes the CSHome zone or the default UIFiles.

You are not to use EQEmulator services to instruct anyone where they may find such files.

just a snipet of what pertains to what you keep asking for.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:06 AM
tubbster
Fire Beetle

Talking

hey talarin, thank you. That is all I was asking. Usually there are ways of working around things in games (well in emulator stuff anyways), and I was just unsure if I could make it work. thanks for the help, appreciate it. Hope I wasn't that big of a pain. I apoligize for being a pain. I'll try to stay out of your hair.

And again, I know not to ask for wares. thats a pain in the ass. I was just wondering if there was anything I could do (talarin's post made it clear to me). Good luck guys!
Old 09-29-2005, 01:38 PM
mystic414
Hill Giant

Tubbster,

Just to smooth things out a bit, the reason tempers flared at your post the way they did is because literally almost every single day someone posts on the forums asking exactly what you did: "How can I play now that this new patch is out?" After a while, it gets really old. Hense the "learn to read" comment.

Please know that hostility to newcomers isn't something this community is known for. Hope to see you again in the future, when EQEmu is once again live-compatible.