Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-28-2022, 03:43 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Default EQ PoPower Server - PoPower.Net

Again, just me doing my own thing and having fun at it. (I don't need a populated server to do that)

Another project, (aside from Ever Luclin), EQ PoPower launching August 9th, 2022. Forum site will be a lot more filled in with content by launch date.
It's all built around a p2002 database dump, but with more recent Emu source code, supporting the RoF2 client.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:21 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Server will be up on schedule tomorrow at 3pm CST (about 24 hours from now).

Later this evening, Aug 08, info and link for client files will be posted on the server forums. PoPower.Net
Old 08-10-2022, 11:10 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Alla Clone was added to the server today.

EDIT: Seems to be some problems with the Domain forwarding tonight,(popower.net) it's off and on.

The domain just goes to a proboard, so you can get there from popower.boards.net if the domain is not working.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:44 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Sorry for the domain problems I am having, (popower.net). I just registered it last month, but their timing is impeccable with the problems starting a couple days after the server launched which seem to be specific with "godaddy" where I registered it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. But I am also having random problems logging into my godaddy account as well. It's another on and off thing. Maybe just more bad karma, haha

The domain is pointed at at the forum site, popower.boards.net which I am scrambling to get all links edited, for the time being. Thanks for your patience.
Old 10-20-2022, 02:03 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

PoPower is starting it's Halloween season event tomorrow (Friday), and will run through to Nov 1st 6am. This will give players more than enough time to collect the drops involved, (level 15+). A lot of work has been put in, including 2 different level sets of custom gear, as well as individual custom edits done to spawn tables in every combat zone on the server. Of course it also includes your basic holiday exp increase, several custom npc's and mobs, etc.

The server recently increased it's boxing max to 6. As a rule of thumb, it still maintains the "no mq2" policy, but it's not monitored unless somebody complains about it. It's a game, not a therapy session, we're here to have fun, not bitch and yell at the cartoon on your monitor, unless you would rather play chess with your psychiatrist. haha (smirk)

You can read more about it here: Halloween Event
Have fun everyone !

Old 11-04-2022, 04:19 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

see your slowely working up the expansions, you plan on doing a Omens server eventually?
Old 11-04-2022, 05:57 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweq View Post
see your slowely working up the expansions, you plan on doing a Omens server eventually?
Working up the expansions ? No. If you read the About section at popower.net it will define this server for you.
Old 11-04-2022, 08:14 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by boweq View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Working up the expansions ? No. If you read the About section at popower.net it will define this server for you.
Just to reiterate further, I wanted to clarify a few things (for everyone) about myself, this server and other things. (my signature spells it out)

Some people misinterpret the goals, or intentions of my projects. Too many people are stuck on those "player collector" motives for anyone putting a server on that public list, or why they are even developing a server. But I am not part of that "everybody" or "nobody" group that some will refer to in their opinions. (everybody does this, nobody does that, etc).

I currently have 4 active projects that I am working on and a couple sitting on the shelf collecting dust, but everything I am doing is strictly for my own enjoyment, which has nothing to do with the common "public server" goals. Most of the enjoyment I get out of this, is the work I love doing on these projects. As along as I can continue doing that, I'm in my happy place.

When I put one of those projects up for public players to log on, it's simply to share my work with the player community. If there is any kind of an interest in it, (even low population) I will keep the server up, if not, I will remove it from public access. Take the last one, the Ever Luclin server. There was no interest in it from the public, but it still exists with it's own private login server, because I have some real life friends playing on it, casually.

The whole PoPower server project was started long ago, initially was designated with "Bastion of Thunder" name, but before it went up on public list, I put that on the shelf and started working on the Luclin server, just because it was another interest of mine.

The PoPower server, as long as there continues to be more than "0" population on it (casual players or whatever), it will stay up. But if there ever comes a time when absolutley nobody is playing on it. I will remove it from the public list and won't loose any sleep over it. I'll just continue on with my other work.

Any other projects I am working on are completely custom and have no relevance to "era" or expansions. The latest one, for example, "A Box of Fun". The name of it is not 100 percent directly related to it's content. I am having a blast working on it, trying things, experimenting, etc, and although it is destined to be up on that public list eventually, most of my enjoyment from that project is happening right now, long before it ever reaches the player community.

But once I have created a server, with most of the work done on it, (nothing left but undiscovered bugs to work out), I have already achieved my goals and relish in the fun I had doing it. Most of the enjoyment, fun and happiness has happened long before it shows up on the public server list, if ever gets that far. (it's not a priority in my happiness).

Don't get me wrong, because I do have fun when other players are on the server and I love to watch them have fun and if I can contribute to that, I won't hesitate. The current players on PoPower are in that "fun class" that I can appreciate a lot. Really great group of people.
Old 11-06-2022, 04:04 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

After "too many" problems with the data host becoming unreliable with unacceptable downtime, (10-12 times this last week), I moved the server to a more stable, dedicated enviroment. (which is my preference anyway).

It's now running on it's own dedicated box with 4.5Ghz(8c), 32 GB Ram and SSD drives. So far, current players have found no problems with the transition. The connection is a lot better than old one, but not up to my preferences, so I might think about upgrading next week. We'll see how it performs.

It's a hobby for me that will last, probably until I am too old to find the "#" key on the keyboard, hahaha
Old 11-11-2022, 08:19 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

PoPower is respectfully acknowledging Rememberance Day with a "Veteran Toon" placed in the PoK for the weekend. Upon hailing him, he will hand you a Soldier's Notebook and bring all your fallen soldiers back to you, as well as binging them back to life.

My heart goes out to all the current homeless veterans. I wish them good health.
Old 12-01-2022, 03:19 PM
Manatoya
Fire Beetle

Greetings. I'm sorry to see that you had to close off access to your luclin expansion server, and pop locked server.

Wish you all the best.

-edit: don't want to be a pain