Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-06-2022, 11:13 AM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

Default Velious Loot Tables - Are They Correct Out-of-the-Box?

Hi All,

I was looking at some of the Kael corroded armour quests and I notice that the mobs that drop corroded items are different between PEQ and Allakhazam listings. I realise that Alla is a wiki and could be wrong, so I thought I'd double-check here.

When I look at the loot tables for the corroded items, I see that each of the mobs that drops corroded items has a loot entry all of their own, with the corroded items listed specifically, and some of those mobs only drop some of the parts. I expected to see generic loot entries called something like "kael_corroded_plate" and "kael_corroded_mail" etc, and then each NPC that drops a type of corroded would include one of the generic groups.

So, it looks like at some point someone has painstakingly handcrafted each and every NPC loot drop and chosen each piece individually. I guess my question is, for my home server would it be more accurate for me to define a corroded group and add it to the list of the mobs Allakhazam lists, or is it more likely that the person(s) that originally populated the Velious DB had accurate info about the drops, and Alla is wrong?
Old 03-10-2022, 11:17 PM
jsr
Hill Giant

Most of the loot tables have been done using scripts, mining data from Lucy or other sources. They are as accurate as those sources, which in some cases is fine and others not so much.

Personally I've redone all loot tables, using an inheritance model for generic drops (e.g. animal meat has one loot table entry, but any animal can drop it) to minimise the number of loot tables. But it took a few months.
Old 03-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Baltros101
Fire Beetle

I see! Thanks, that's good to know. I might do this for Kael corroded armour and see how it goes.

Is there way to get this type of thing merged back into the PEQ database? I've also noticed a few quirks around factions and spawns that need tweaked, especially in the classic newbie zones (probably because most folk us the tutorial?). I fix bits and pieces on my own server when I come across them, but I'd love to be able to contribute these fixes back to the source so everyone can benefit. I have looked but I don't see anywhere in the PEQ project that allows people to do this.