Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:52 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Default Making changes from Dev to Live

I used the stabdard installer and installed 2 copies of the server, one on my PC for development work, and one on the eventual server with full internet access, ports enabled etc. After a bit of effort i eventually got it all working.

I have now made lots of changes to several tables on the "dev" database and want to commit them to live.

But now I run into problems.

The live server connectts to eqemulator and downloads the updates the team have worked on since I last did an install. Checking these I find they don't conflict with anything I have done.

I tried just copying over my peq DB to live, hoping it would connect, update and then work with all the new changes I have made. But the update would not run properly.

Eventually I had to reinstall the live server and had to think again.

I exported the table I had changed into SQL format (using navicat) but can't get them import into the new database.

Obvioulsy I am doing something very stupid.

How can I make changes to a dev version of the peq database, then commit those changes to a live server?

Can someone please help me out?

Andrew
Old 03-19-2019, 10:04 AM
belvino
Fire Beetle

If you Used Akkadius Peq installer then you should have a bat file named t_server_database_backup.bat run that and it will put a sql file zipped up in the backup folder.

To upload to new server you go into HeidiSQL then under File use Run Sql file and then select the unzipped backup file.
Old 03-19-2019, 11:01 AM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

wow that was a fast response. I haven't even finished re-installing the "server" version yet.

I will try what you suggested and see what happens.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2019, 02:45 PM
TigerFeet
Fire Beetle

Yep, worked like a charm. I used a fresh install of the server (as I'd spent 2 days trying to get this to work and messed it up many times) and the backup program and SQL import was brilliant.

Thanks again for your help
Old 03-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFeet View Post
I exported the table I had changed into SQL format (using navicat) but can't get them import into the new database.
As far as exporting tables using Navicat, (I use this myself), when it generates the sql file, it will add this line to it : SET NAMES utf8mb4;
That "utf8mb4" needs to be changed to just utf8 (without the mb4). I usually just dump the table, then open it up with an editor (like notepad++) to correct that, then source it into database.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:59 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Also, when you export the a table to .SQL you can edit the file in notepad++ if the db name changes. So, peq to peq1 or peq to peq22 or whatever you name it. (If you name it something that won't be listed in the file you can use replace all. Db name is listed in top section a few times. Then you can source it in to your new db using the updated .SQL file

In case you only want to update 1 table. (Rules for example is one I tend to keep for most of my servers since I updated the description on most rules).