Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:21 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

Default Zone.exe crashes!

Yay for zone crashing lol.

Gives me no error, but only happens when players jump from high heights and then bleed to death.

So player jumps off kelethin side, takes 32000 dmg from falling, but doesn't die... Goes unconcious right? Says Bleeding to death, and repeats that over and over for like hours on end and never stops... While on the server it pops up a message saying "Zone.exe has crashed." O.o

Player casts a spell without the required component, no error and zone.exe crashes...

Player casts levitation without a batwing. And then cant open inventory, or anything, can onlymove around... Server side, "Zone.exe has crashed."

Player gets hit by a DoT like Creeping Death and gets knocked unconcious and starts bleeding to death... Once again Bleeds to death for all eternity. And server side, "Zone.exe has crashed."

-__- and then zone.exe RANDOMLY crashes for no reason sometimes, but rarely. Tends to happen when player does alot of things like casts spell, attack , stop spell, stop attack, duck, run, cast spell, zones... frozen while zoning, eventually drops out to server select or account login screen (after like 30 minutes)... Serverside "Zone.exe has crashed."
Old 04-05-2006, 06:31 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath
Yay for zone crashing lol.

[~RD~ If you quote a previous message, quote only the specific part of the message you need to bring people's attention to. If you are going to post a reply to the message in general, and not any specific part, then it doesn't need quoting at all. And never, ever, ever, go quoting a 5-paragraph message only to put a 3-word reply at the end.

Your local community members (and admins) thank you in advance for your cooperation.]
/turn debug on/

www.cheaterz.info

Last edited by RangerDown; 04-05-2006 at 10:55 PM..
Old 04-06-2006, 12:42 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
/turn debug on/
I realize my mistake,
Maybe we should add this to the WIKI so others know of this New Rule Also.
next time I will ramble on with 20 paragraphs and be sure to edit there quotes also down to the minamal required.
a simple 3 word Issue should never be answered with 3 words, im sure this will help fill your database with tons of more data that it already overburdenly has and contrubute to the mindlessness of spewing propaganda for
no reason other thant spewing useless Data.
My introduction to computing was by way of a program written in BASIC, which allowed me to type in a short message and printed it out in large characters onto a teletype's paper-tape punch. This, unlike the rather tedious but infinitely more common programs to input several numbers and calculate their sum, grabbed my attention. With these humble but suspect beginnings, a year passed during which I mastered BASIC, the worst language ever invented, and BBC-X, a baroque simulated assembly language of no possible use. I subsequently familiarised myself with FORTRAN, Algol, COBOL, TECO and MIC, stubbornly read the TOPS-10 system call manual, and became addicted to MACRO-10 programming. I began writing serious software; my IRC-like chat program, email system, DECtape control daemon and exploitation of a disk quota bug gained me the not wholly welcome attention I evidently deserved.
I met many fine people, and spent a lot of time online.
and your right saying just 3 words never works when quoteing 15 lines.
so as you can see I do not like to type more than is required but I can see you point in quoteing 8 paragraphs
with just the word YES.
thanks for the tip and Have a Nice Day.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 04-06-2006, 02:45 AM
johane
Sarnak

Default A bit Offtopic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
I realize my mistake,
<snip>
I subsequently familiarised myself with FORTRAN, Algol, COBOL, TECO and MIC, stubbornly read the TOPS-10 system call manual, and became addicted to MACRO-10 programming. I began writing serious software; my IRC-like chat program, email system, DECtape control daemon and exploitation of a disk quota bug gained me the not wholly welcome attention I evidently deserved.
<snip>
thanks for the tip and Have a Nice Day.
RAOFLMAO!!

I knew that feeling, being dragged into the Provost's Office to explain exactly what I'd done to get that many blocks of storage.

I think so many people knew that bug that it was more of a "optional storage feature for those who actually know how to use the machines".

I still miss those 1970's DEC PDP-10 machines. I wonder when bash/*nix/gnu will become as featurefull and useable as TOPS-20 was. And I still find programming easiest if I can think about it in FORTRAN first.

For you youngsters, TOPS-10 was the OS where .EXE meant "Executable file". it was the first OS where there was built in help using /? or -?, as well as the funky "help by hitting ESC twice" where it would prompt you what arguements a command wanted, including context, and do it inline with the command you were typing. MACRO-10 and MACRO-20 were psuedo assembly languages that let you run the core routines from the ROM Monitor Program (kinda like BIOS, in the same way a skyscraper is kinda like a grass hut, where BIOS is the grass hut!). A complete file copy program was around 6 instructions as I recall, and compiled to about 30 words - about 124 bytes.

Last edited by johane; 04-06-2006 at 11:00 AM..
Old 04-06-2006, 06:58 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

:( No Errors, it just shuts down the zone.exe and pops up a windows "Zone.exe has crashed, blah blah, send error report to microsoft"

GRR

:::I am opening zone with cmd prompt, see if it will leave a small bug report right before zone.exe shuts off -__- get back to you in a second:::

Kk this is what I get...

I am in Gfaydark, I turn on flymode to 1 with #flymode 1, I run straight up to 3rd level of kelethin (*the highest platforms*), okay and then I #flymode 0 as you can see with this.
Quote:
[Command] Mystic (MysticDeath) used command: #flymode 0 (target=NONE)
Mystic: Large position change: 51.545105 units
Coords: (335.9156, -107.7232, 586.5501) -> (335.9156, -107.7232, 535.0050)
Deltas: (0.00, 0.00, 0.00) -> (0.00, 0.00, -5.47)
Mystic: Large position change: 158.396637 units
Coords: (335.9156, -107.7232, 535.0050) -> (335.9156, -107.7232, 376.6084)
Deltas: (0.00, 0.00, -5.47) -> (0.00, 0.00, -10.15)
Mystic: Large position change: 254.557358 units
Coords: (335.9156, -107.7232, 376.6084) -> (335.9156, -107.7232, 122.0510)
Deltas: (0.00, 0.00, -10.15) -> (0.00, 0.00, -14.09)

D:\Server\EQEmulator\Server\EQEmu>
Okay, now so I can be sure that this is drilled in your head.
I turn off flymode, i drop, i take 32000 dmg, i go into -102457501% hp, i bleed to death, it repeats the words "Bleeding to Death" in red text in the chat menu, over, and over, and over. Does it help when I repeat myself? okay, Then the large position changes are ME I repeat ME falling. Then I get about 2 seconds of a pause and I get the windows error again, EXACTLY the same error as before I used cmd prompt. And you can see, theres no [debug] theres no [error] no opcode errors, NOTHING like i said in my original post okay? If you don't believe me I'll freaking take a screen shot of each step of the way! THERE IS NO ERROR EXCEPT FOR THE WINDOWS POP UP. Thank you for READING the first post! -_-

Last edited by MysticDeath; 04-06-2006 at 03:20 PM..
Old 04-06-2006, 09:56 AM
johane
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath
:( No Errors, it just shuts down the zone.exe and pops up a windows "Zone.exe has crashed, blah blah, send error report to microsoft"

GRR

:::I am opening zone with cmd prompt, see if it will leave a small bug report right before zone.exe shuts off -__- get back to you in a second:::

Kk this is what I get...

I am in Gfaydark, I turn on flymode to 1 with #flymode 1, I run straight up to 3rd level of kelethin (*the highest platforms*), okay and then I #flymode 0 as you can see with this.

Okay, now so I can be sure that this is drilled in your head.
I turn off flymode, i drop, i take 32000 dmg, i go into -102457501% hp, i bleed to death, it repeats the words "Bleeding to Death" in red text in the chat menu, over, and over, and over. Does it help when I repeat myself? okay, Then the large position changes are ME I repeat ME falling. Then I get about 2 seconds of a pause and I get the windows error again, EXACTLY the same error as before I used cmd prompt. And you can see, theres no [debug] theres no [error] no opcode errors, NOTHING like i said in my original post okay? If you don't believe me I'll freaking take a screen shot of each step of the way! THERE IS NO ERROR EXCEPT FOR THE WINDOWS POP UP. Thank you for READING the first post! -_-
And yes, this is an easy thing to reproduce. /q seems to work, and there is nothing logged that I can find, even with debug mode turned on.
Old 04-11-2006, 04:38 AM
MysticDeath
Sarnak

haha i think i was on my pms that day (j/k im a guy :P), sorry for getting uber mad. :( Just irritating when you try to level and some jackarse comes in and crashes zone on purpose, or a non jackarse does it accidently.