Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::General Discussion

Archive::General Discussion Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 01-11-2003, 05:21 PM
TarponFBplaya
Fire Beetle

Default Sorry. :(

I'm sorry. I really wish I could help but I am without money myself. I use change just to fill up my mustang so I can get to and from school and work. I am always spending my money on car insurance and house payments. I think I may be able to get $5. It's not much but I know that you have spent a lot of time working to meet other peoples needs and I don't believe you get paid for this, but I am sure you get some good hook up's. Anyways.... EQEmu stuff doesn't work for me now that Verant did that patch. I tryed and tryed to get these updates and stuff but it just said I had to rerun the update patch and crap. Wish I could help more. I wish the best of luck to you and your fundraising.

Any of you readers wanna donate ME some money? It's for a good cause..... My 1993 Ford Mustang 5.0 (302). Pony rims, ram air filter, headers, sun roof, neons, MTX subs....... Wish I could afford XM. LMAO. Naw I was JUST JOKING about donating some money for me. Looking to make myself laugh. My car has done nothing but make me money-depressed.
Old 02-09-2003, 08:31 PM
sedeller
Fire Beetle

just wanted to point out hogie..

you look like your using way to much money on internet fee's alone..

do this..

www.rackshack.net get yourself 3 of them for the price your paying for 1 and each one has 400gb tranfer monthly.. only problem with them is you have to use redhat, which i have no clue what eqemu uses atm but

there box's sit on a oc256 backbone
Old 02-13-2003, 12:59 PM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedeller
just wanted to point out hogie..

you look like your using way to much money on internet fee's alone..

do this..

www.rackshack.net get yourself 3 of them for the price your paying for 1 and each one has 400gb tranfer monthly.. only problem with them is you have to use redhat, which i have no clue what eqemu uses atm but

there box's sit on a oc256 backbone
Actually, no they dont sit on an oc256 backbone. They just have 6gbps of traffic coming in (more on the way by July 1st they will be at 11gbps from 5 different uplinks). We actually have our webserver on a rackshack machine.

The problem is development. Our Development server environment is run under oracle and windows 2000. The login servers are run under windows 2000. That is our main problem. When you can get me raid on a windows 2000 machine with someone there to reboot it when we need it (and if we are moving to 1 box, we will need atleast 2gb ram), then please tell me where I can cheap!
Old 02-13-2003, 06:26 PM
sedeller
Fire Beetle

hehe sorry im to trusting i suppose someone told me thats what they were sitting on, guess he was wrong =) anyhow..

if i come accross anything i will tell ya
Old 02-14-2003, 05:28 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

They aren't the prettiest servers, but they are ours.

http://www.cyberjunky.net/images/rack/rack.jpg

Yes, I know the wiring needs to be redone, but that can wait until I move.

Which btw, we will be moving soon!

Our servers will be located in a NOC I run in Michigan (well, some of them), and the rest at home on my dual Speakeasy accounts