Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2017, 02:55 PM
Saberbeast
Fire Beetle

Default Is there a Server that ...... ?

Hi all

I was 23 when EQ1 first came out and I fell in love with it. I spent far more then 40 hours a week playing it. I really enjoyed Classic through Velious the most.

However I'm now 41 married with five kids who all play sports, so I don't have any where near the kind of time I had back in the day. I'm lucky if I have 2 hours or so every other day.

I love the open world of old EQ1.
I really enjoyed the classes
I like how you had to be smart on what you fought and how you made pulls
I really loved how rare gear was compared to games of today like WoW where you get drops every few minutes.
I loved the random drops and spawns
I like that it took a while to level.

I didn't enjoy having to spend hours looking for a group
I didn't enjoy spending 10 to 15 minutes between kills when soloing
I didn't enjoy having to get help to get my corpse back
I didn't enjoy having to take very long periods of time to get my corpse back at times.
I didn't enjoy having a chance of losing all my items when I died (on EQ live this happened to me once where I lost everything because I was unable to log back on to get my corpse before it rotted.

I was wondering if there is a well scripted server that has all the things I loved about EQ but changed some of the things that I didn't like and would be better for someone who is older and doesn't have the time like I did when I was younger and didn't have kids?

Thanks for your time