Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 12-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Default quest::saylink showing items

After I added items with ids in the 500115-500120 range, random quests that have quest::saylink show the correct text, but link to one of the items in the database when you click it, instead of actually saying the text.

Has anyone seen this before?

Its happening on default scripts like the flagging NPCs in the plane of tranquility.
Old 12-18-2014, 01:10 PM
trevius
Developer

That is because saylinks are a hack using item links. They set an item id starting at 500k, and use that as the saylink id. It was set to 500k under the assumption that Live would not reach that many items ever (or at least not for a very long time). Last I checked, they were still around 150k items.

I would suggest either moving the items you created into another range under 500k, or you could edit the source and change the range that saylinks use to a higher number.
Old 12-19-2014, 10:30 AM
Nibiuno
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
That is because saylinks are a hack using item links. They set an item id starting at 500k, and use that as the saylink id. It was set to 500k under the assumption that Live would not reach that many items ever (or at least not for a very long time). Last I checked, they were still around 150k items.

I would suggest either moving the items you created into another range under 500k, or you could edit the source and change the range that saylinks use to a higher number.
That explains it. I think changing the source is going to be easier than changing all my item ids and loot drops =/