Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-17-2014, 09:33 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Default New Helms (Visible Masks, Wizard Hats, etc)

I am working on something that I don't think has been messed with at all on eqemu yet - figuring out how to implement the new helm models from live, including pointy wizard hats, skulls, evil eye masks, and other such cool helms.

Within each eqg model for each helm, there is a range of IT numbers, one for each race, all sized differently.

Currently I have this "kind of" implemented by taking one of those IT numbers and assigning it as the model for a helmet item, but they do not scale properly, and don't really line up with each race as they are supposed to.

Sometimes they show up sideways.

I'm thinking these can be implemented the same way the velious helm textures were, where somehow you can tie "IT240" with "all" velious helm models, and they will scale properly and show up differently depending on the race. If anyone has some thoughts about this or wants to tackle this with me, feel free to shout, otherwise I'm just going to keep poking around...

Old 12-18-2014, 01:18 PM
trevius
Developer

Or you could just use Ornamentations for Hero's Forge Armor Models, which includes all of those helm models. I recently implemented it in EQEmu. You would still need to create the Ornamentation Augs, since none exist in the database yet. Alternatively, you could simply set the herosforgemodel field on an armor piece directly and it will work without needing to aug/ornament the armor piece.

Here is a screenshot of the armor, but the helms you are talking about work the same way as well. You can use the #heromodel command to see the different armor models.

Note that this only works on RoF+ clients since older clients didn't have these models for armor. Also, you need to be running the latest source code from git to use the new features.