Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:37 AM
arailgun
Fire Beetle

Default Hp and AC difference when switching clients??

I am currently playing on a server that supports Titanium, UF and SoD. I normally use Titanium , but when a guildmate recently pointed out that I recieve more hitpoints using Underfoot I was taken aback and tried this. After switching to underfoot client I noticed I had gained 500hp, i even tested this using #mystats and it showed the server as giving me the additional 500 hitpoints. I was just wondering Why this is and is there any way to fix it, or is it just how the client is coded?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2012, 05:06 AM
trevius
Developer

All clients from SoD and later use a different HP/Mana/Endurance formula, so the characters have different values for those stats than Titanium or SoF. The rule for allowing the use of the new formulas on newer clients is optional for the server to use, but if they have it disabled, players on SoD+ clients will never see their HP/Mana/Endurance bars fill up all of the way. There are possible hacks that can be added to the EQEmu source code to make all clients match, but it is not the ideal way to deal with it and so it is not in the official SVN (anymore).

There is no way for you to "fix" or change how it works from your client side. The server does it automatically for any SoD+ client.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
LordAdakos
Sarnak

I noticed something similar on a server...

When i logged on to a server using underfoot, my client wouldn't display more than 74% of my max hitpoints, with buffs or without.

However, when I loaded up the second client on the same server. I was able to see 100% of his HP.

Odd.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Trev, weren't there talks while back that Tributes could be used as form of "client adjusting" code - in other words you can send client update via fake Tribute adjustment, and set it to believe it has so many hp, mana, ac etc, and hence keeping both old and new clients on equal stats, and at 100% hp/mana bars?

if not putting it directly into official code, maybe add this option as a rule?

Current rule to toggle between T and Sof+ clients kind of only half way solution, since its either: cuts off T players from a good chunk of hp/mana or causes UI annoyance to SoF+ players.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Titanium support just needs to die anyway. Here's to hoping that a good source for files gets released via steam or something.
Live chasing is working so far, but an unchanging source is always a better base.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:20 PM
bad_captain
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
Titanium support just needs to die anyway.
I agree. It would make for a better codebase and would encourage use of functionality only available in newer clients (housing, shrouds, tasks, expeditions, etc..) There seem to be more and more hacks to keep the code working with Titanium.