Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:11 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Angry I'm trying to keep my cool here and get these fixed...

I have two issues on my server right now that are leading me to drink HARD. Let alone want to blow something up.. I'm usually a pretty cool, calm and collective guy but this has got on my last nerve so bare with my anger.

#1: I have a problem with Guild Management not working or showing rosters or anything on my server AT ALL. I tried running all the latest SQL from 2099 to 2136 and nothing worked. I've went over posts from back to 2010 to 2011 and tried their methods and nothing has worked or I simply have everything they already mention in the post. WTF is going on here?
Does anybody know how to fix this shit at all? Btw I'm running HOT/UF hybrid client and so are most of the people on Varlyndria and they can't do anything with their guilds and even some /guild invites crash people to the desktop and lock them out of the game.

#2: I get an error when I try to run the #Bot Stances SQL and it won't successfully complete.. I have put a "Continue On Error" check and tried to force it through but nothing is happening on the server. Does anybody got a fix for this as well as the guilds.. My two main problems on Varlyndria right now that is making me rip every strand of my hair out in absolute and total frustration.

I really appreciate the help in advance.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I have two issues on my server right now that are leading me to drink HARD. Let alone want to blow something up.. I'm usually a pretty cool, calm and collective guy but this has got on my last nerve so bare with my anger.

#1: I have a problem with Guild Management not working or showing rosters or anything on my server AT ALL. I tried running all the latest SQL from 2099 to 2136 and nothing worked. I've went over posts from back to 2010 to 2011 and tried their methods and nothing has worked or I simply have everything they already mention in the post. WTF is going on here?
Does anybody know how to fix this shit at all? Btw I'm running HOT/UF hybrid client and so are most of the people on Varlyndria and they can't do anything with their guilds and even some /guild invites crash people to the desktop and lock them out of the game.

#2: I get an error when I try to run the #Bot Stances SQL and it won't successfully complete.. I have put a "Continue On Error" check and tried to force it through but nothing is happening on the server. Does anybody got a fix for this as well as the guilds.. My two main problems on Varlyndria right now that is making me rip every strand of my hair out in absolute and total frustration.

I really appreciate the help in advance.
Wish I had an answer to #1, I have the same problem!

For #2, can you post up what your database editor saying when you try to run the SQL?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 AM
sorvani
Dragon

I'm on my phone at the moment and can not check, but are you certain you have the new table/columns added related to the looking for guild window?
Old 05-10-2012, 10:48 AM
Robregen
Developer

did you see this post. There was a solution for a guild management window fix for bot servers.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=guild
Old 05-10-2012, 11:53 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robregen View Post
did you see this post. There was a solution for a guild management window fix for bot servers.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ighlight=guild
In conjunction make sure you have all of the recent opcodes in your server folder.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Opcodes: That's the 5 files from the source/trunk/EQemuServer right? Copy those over again? Do I need to copy anything else and I'm guessing I just take out my config file and put it back in after? This is something I didn't try yet, thanks for the help all.

Are the op codes this stuff here down below? Taken from Huppy's guide. How many do I need again? He states in his guide a total of 22 files.

***WARNING***
If the build was successful, (5 succeeded), you DO NOT have to re-do that just because
you have future problems. The rest of the setup is copying files, sourcing your database
and configuring your server. The database and the server are two seperate things.
Your config files will help connect the two when your server is finally up and running.

10. It's time to start copying files from your source folder to the server folder.

***WARNING** - All of the files I am going to list here NEED to be copied over to your
server folder. you will find them all in different sub folders in the source folder.

First go into /source/trunk/EQEmuServer folder. You will see a folder called Build.
This folder was created when you compiled the server apps.It contains 5 files you
need to copy over to your server folder:
Chatserver.exe, eqlaunch.exe, World.exe, Zone.exe and EMuShareMem.dll

Next, In /source/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils folder, copy these to your server folder also;

mail_opcodes.conf, opcodes.conf, patch_6.2.conf, patch_Anniversary.conf,
patch_HoT.conf, patch_SoD.conf, patch_SoF.conf, patch_Titanium.conf, schema.xml
and patch_Underfoot.conf
Old 05-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Opcodes: That's the 5 files from the source/trunk/EQemuServer right? Copy those over again? Do I need to copy anything else and I'm guessing I just take out my config file and put it back in after? This is something I didn't try yet, thanks for the help all.

Are the op codes this stuff here down below? Taken from Huppy's guide. How many do I need again? He states in his guide a total of 22 files.

***WARNING***
If the build was successful, (5 succeeded), you DO NOT have to re-do that just because
you have future problems. The rest of the setup is copying files, sourcing your database
and configuring your server. The database and the server are two seperate things.
Your config files will help connect the two when your server is finally up and running.

10. It's time to start copying files from your source folder to the server folder.

***WARNING** - All of the files I am going to list here NEED to be copied over to your
server folder. you will find them all in different sub folders in the source folder.

First go into /source/trunk/EQEmuServer folder. You will see a folder called Build.
This folder was created when you compiled the server apps.It contains 5 files you
need to copy over to your server folder:
Chatserver.exe, eqlaunch.exe, World.exe, Zone.exe and EMuShareMem.dll

Next, In /source/trunk/EQEmuServer/utils folder, copy these to your server folder also;

mail_opcodes.conf, opcodes.conf, patch_6.2.conf, patch_Anniversary.conf,
patch_HoT.conf, patch_SoD.conf, patch_SoF.conf, patch_Titanium.conf, schema.xml
and patch_Underfoot.conf
Yes this is correct.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:19 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Updated both SVN's, got build 2141 and rev 61. Copied all those files over to my server folder, reset the computer and restart the server and the guilds are still broken and so are the bot stances.

When I try to update the SQL for bot stances I get an unsuccessful. Is there a fix for this to make it succeed? I'm guessing that might have something to do with it. I have the table in my database but inside the table is just 2 blank areas.

EDIT: Alright, just did the ALTER TABLE thing and added it into the SQL prompt. Going to restart and see if it worked.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Failed. Guilds are still broken even after those two major things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
I'm on my phone at the moment and can not check, but are you certain
you have the new table/columns added related to the looking for guild window?

Which tables would those be? I see the following in my database, here let me show you.

BTW: I've got a test server kinda running but have ran into an issue when trying to run it on the same box. Seems it doesn't show up with Varlyndria live.. I've changed the EQemu config to reflect on test and everything. Any suggestions I might have missed?

EDIT: Nevermind.. can't run two EQemu servers on one IP.. I don't have a test server than yet.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:33 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Failed. Guilds are still broken even after those two major things.
So is your bot stance working ? You said guilds are still broken but never said if bots were ?

You really need to look through your logs. Normally if something that critical is not working your logs will offer a huge clue.

And yes, the table lfguild is there from that screenshot you posted.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
So is your bot stance working ? You said guilds are still broken but never said if bots were ?

You really need to look through your logs. Normally if something that critical is not working your logs will offer a huge clue.

And yes, the table lfguild is there from that screenshot you posted.

Bot Stance is broken and so is the Guild Management.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
provocating
Demi-God

A few things.

First do the bot help command and see if the command is in the list, should be toward the bottom. Next run the bot stance command and observe your logs.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
A few things.

First do the bot help command and see if the command is in the list, should be toward the bottom. Next run the bot stance command and observe your logs.

Bot Stance does not show up on the list.

I open up the logs folder in my server folder and notice there are a bunch of zone files. Which one am I looking for that might show #bot stance
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM
provocating
Demi-God

If you are not seeing bot stance, it does not appear you are recently compiled. Did you copy your new executable to the server after you compiled them ?
Old 05-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
If you are not seeing bot stance, it does not appear you are recently compiled. Did you copy your new executable to the server after you compiled them ?

Alright, I'm lost.. I started my server off with a compiled 2099. I used visual studio C++ 2008 to get the 5 things as success. (took a while) the guide says that to upgrade my server to the newer updates I don't have to do that again. So when you say compiled I'm not sure what you mean exactly. It almost makes me wonder if I need to fully complile 2141 with visual studio.

Did I copy the 22 or so files and add them to my server folder when I was done with SVN updates? Yes. My updates finished at 2141 in my source and 61 in my peqdb.

Am I missing something here? Thanks.