Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:38 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Default Target & possibly Target of Target Buffs/Debuffs ?

I have been trying to find a way to have the target window show the spells we cast on it, ie necro dots, chanter mez etc... I found one reference to a database entry to enable passing the data to clients, and I enabled that with no effect.

Reference: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40321

I suspect it might have something to do with the client, but I am still very new. Does anyone have any experience making something like this work? I know on live I took this for granted

Thank you for any advice.

-Monteros
PS continuing to google...
Old 05-15-2017, 07:56 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

That's the correct rule. Make sure you set it for the right rule set for the zone you are in and then reloaded rules. I haven't had any issue in making it work on my servers.

As for Target of Target - not sure on that one. I don't recall if EQ if ever had that functionality to begin with
Old 05-15-2017, 09:36 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkscis View Post
That's the correct rule. Make sure you set it for the right rule set for the zone you are in ...
What do you mean when you say for the zone you are in? I have it in the right rule set - unclear on zone comment
Old 05-15-2017, 09:51 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
As for Target of Target - not sure on that one. I don't recall if EQ if ever had that functionality to begin with
Yep, impossible.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:41 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by monteros View Post
What do you mean when you say for the zone you are in? I have it in the right rule set - unclear on zone comment
If you look in your zone table, you will see a field called "ruleset" for every zone. This is the ruleset # that applies to that zone. This is what enables you to have different ruleset's for each zone. What I mean is to ensure that the zone you are doing your testing in has the appropriate ruleset assigned where you enabled that rule.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:42 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
If you look in your zone table, you will see a field called "ruleset" for every zone. This is the ruleset # that applies to that zone. This is what enables you to have different ruleset's for each zone. What I mean is to ensure that the zone you are doing your testing in has the appropriate ruleset assigned where you enabled that rule.
Ah, that makes perfect sense, thanks for teaching me that Will have a look tonight.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:20 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
So, I have reviewed it, and tested in multiple zones with the correct ruleset applied, and it still isn't working.

I recently migrated the players I have playing to the Underfoot Client, and it corrected most of the issues we were having; however, this issue still persists... I know the functions work, clearly - players, and player pets show buffs, debuffs without issues... so it has to be something with the rule/statement.

When I get home, I will pull the exact statement out of the database and post it - but I believe it is exactly as mentioned in the linked post.

I am having a blast working on the server and tuning it etc, and even troubleshooting things like this Just a bit frustrating when it should work, and you can't figure it out lol.
Old 05-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Darkscis
Sarnak

RULE_BOOL(Spells, AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs, false) // ignore LAA level if true

This is your guy right here. So it should be in the rules table as ruleset | Spells:AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs | true

Just check spelling etc.

*Disclaimer: I only play on RoF2. I don't know if it only works with that client...
Old 05-21-2017, 07:52 PM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
RULE_BOOL(Spells, AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs, false) // ignore LAA level if true

This is your guy right here. So it should be in the rules table as ruleset | Spells:AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs | true

Just check spelling etc.

*Disclaimer: I only play on RoF2. I don't know if it only works with that client...
BOOM BABY! That's it... all the other posts had a very small type-o....

They had:
Code:
AlwaysSendTargetBuffs
You showed it correctly as:
Code:
AlwaysSendTargetsBuffs
Problem sloved! Thank you!!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 02:35 AM
Darkscis
Sarnak

No worries at all, glad it's working!

EDIT: If you are ever curious what else is available, https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...on/ruletypes.h is where all the default rules are defined and what the default value is. Seeing as not all rules are entered into the rule_values table, you can go through those and add whatever you feel you may want to change.
Old 05-22-2017, 06:34 AM
monteros
Fire Beetle

Quote:
No worries at all, glad it's working!

EDIT: If you are ever curious what else is available, https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...on/ruletypes.h is where all the default rules are defined and what the default value is. Seeing as not all rules are entered into the rule_values table, you can go through those and add whatever you feel you may want to change.
Very nice! Thank you.