Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:19 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Default In Game perl commands

Hello everyone, so.. I am starting to re do all my quests in the Tutorial after the crash.

I dont know if I am useing the wrong command or not.

The starting zone is taka, in my eqemu quest's folder i added taka, then added the (DBnumber).pl file and wrote the quest in there.
after placing it in there I 'Saved As' (DBnumber).pl and selected save as type 'All Files'

After doing so, In game i typed #reloadpl to refresh the client/db quest file.

Is that the proper command? If so, I must have something goofy going on in the DB because the NPC will not respond.

Next idea would be is there something wrong with the script. Well, Here the script is.

sub EVENT_SAY
{
if ($text =~/Hail/i)
{
quest::say("Hello $name! Would you like me to set all your [Discs], or perhaps you are interested in learning all of your [spells]?");
quest::say ("Or maybe you are a [bard] in need of music lessons?"); #A conversation to Scribe ALL spells For Player (up to curr. level)
}
elsif($text=~/Discs/i)
{
quest::traindiscs(75, 1); #Trainsdiscs to the users CURRENT Level
}
elsif ($text =~/bard/i)
{
quest::say ("Yes, normally you would think of a bard as being an adept student of music. For some reason, these lands slow the music learning ability to such an extent that I am willing to use my magic to train their abilities. Are you [ready] to learn?");
}
elsif ($text =~/ready/i)
{
quest::say ("Listen closely as the essence of music fills your soul!");
quest::addskill(12,255);
quest::addskill(41,255);
quest::addskill(49,255);
quest::addskill(54,255);
quest::addskill(70,255);
}
elsif ($text =~/spells/i)
{
quest::say ("Good, stand where you are while I begin your lessons");
quest::scribespells(75 ,1);
}
}

I dont see anything flashing out at me as wrong, but a 2nd set of fresh eyes allways helps.

Thanks guys!

Apoc.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:50 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It worked for me attached to an NPC by name or ID. Perhaps you have the wrong ID? Target the NPC and type #showstats. The number next to NPCID: is what worked for me. I generally do them by name though.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Ok, so I double checked the NPCID and I have it set correctly, I also did it by name and still not working.

However, I wonder if there is the possibility that due to taka normally being an instanced zone. Would useing it as a stagnent zone cause issues? I wouldnt see why it would.. but its the last thing I can think of. Next to the folder being named wrong and not the proper zone shortname.

The folder is currently named taka, the zones ID is 231 IIRC. and when #fz taka is displayed, it still shows its shortname as 'taka'. lol

I dunno! Hope I can figure this one out lol, spent the last 13 hrs populating the zone!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Put the file on a different NPC in a different zone and see if it works. I used one of the guards in guildlobby because it was convenient.

It will at least help you narrow down the problem.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:32 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Yeah, I tried everything I can think of. And it wont work. It must be something to do with the zone its self. Insted, Im sub-Dividing the tutorial zone. A normal stagnent zone, and adding all the basic Scribe/disc/skill/greeter/and teleporter to this zone, and leaking Taka as the first 'Grind' Zone / combat zone.

I think it should resolve my problems, it just stinks that I cant add any special scripts to the named in there =( lol.

Hey, thanks for your help tho lerxst! Manny thanks bud!

Apoc.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:22 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

I made taka a static zone, added a taka directory under quests, put an NPC in the zone, attached a quest to it, and it works fine.

That particular zone shouldn't be any different from any other zone. It just happens to be one that didn't already have a quest directory.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Yeah, even after attempting a different zone, and repairing my perl install.. I cant get any quest to respond... Im baffled.

I MUST be missing something, tried just a simple hail quest/respond in PoK, nothing...
tried something in the new sub tutorial and got nothing...

This is not good lol, any ideas of where to check? Maybe re install Pearl?
Old 09-04-2011, 12:14 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

It sure sounds like something is broken with perl. You might dig through some logs and see if there are any error that might give you a clue what's going on.

I assume that even the standard quests from SVN don't work?
Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 AM
Apoc.Index
Sarnak

Yeah, nothing was working.. I just re built the DB again. I found that whe including a perl Folder, I had it as Perl and not perl, like it was in the directory. Im hopeing maybe that fixed it and with the fresh compile.

I also switched to a later version of perl and made sure it was 32bit, im running 64 bit. But It wasnt an issue before so, I must have made a mistake somewhere.

I just need to find it.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:01 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc.Index View Post
Yeah, nothing was working.. I just re built the DB again. I found that whe including a perl Folder, I had it as Perl and not perl, like it was in the directory. Im hopeing maybe that fixed it and with the fresh compile.

I also switched to a later version of perl and made sure it was 32bit, im running 64 bit. But It wasnt an issue before so, I must have made a mistake somewhere.

I just need to find it.
In my many reinstallations of EQEMU (box changes, experimentation, etc.) I found that installing Perl -after- MySQL, even if just an update to the Perl version would fubar things, likely due to botching the DBI module linkings, etc.

I can also tell you, that once or twice, I would forget to install the DBI and Stringy-IO.

I would uninstall MySQL completely, reboot. Install the Perl version you're wanting to go with (I'd go with the recommended versions), reboot. Install the DBI and Stringy-IO modules, reboot. Then reinstall MySQL and go from there.

The aforementioned out of order/updating version issues could be why you are experiencing issues. Also, there is the very first installation I ever did. I used a different version Perl on the compiling machine than the one on the machine running EQEmu. That 'broke' Perl as well, where even 'hails' were ignored.

*Edit: Holy necro reply. WTF. This showed up as new (complete with new post icon and all). Very sorry about this. Feel free to delete this post of mine.. damn :/
Old 07-11-2017, 02:30 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc.Index View Post

I just need to find it.
Hi Apoc.Index. Could you tell me how you solved this problem? I meet the same problem. All the perl scripts did not work, no any response even type "Hail". But lua scripts worked. I have ever setup the eqemu many time, using physical computer, using vmware, using windows 7 32 bit, using windows 7 64bit, using mysql 5.1 5.5 5.6 5.7, using mariadb, using perl 5.12, using perl 5.16. I even tried to use the installer, but it still did not work.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:33 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
In my many reinstallations of EQEMU (box changes, experimentation, etc.) I found that installing Perl -after- MySQL, even if just an update to the Perl version would fubar things, likely due to botching the DBI module linkings, etc.

I can also tell you, that once or twice, I would forget to install the DBI and Stringy-IO.

I would uninstall MySQL completely, reboot. Install the Perl version you're wanting to go with (I'd go with the recommended versions), reboot. Install the DBI and Stringy-IO modules, reboot. Then reinstall MySQL and go from there.

The aforementioned out of order/updating version issues could be why you are experiencing issues. Also, there is the very first installation I ever did. I used a different version Perl on the compiling machine than the one on the machine running EQEmu. That 'broke' Perl as well, where even 'hails' were ignored.

*Edit: Holy necro reply. WTF. This showed up as new (complete with new post icon and all). Very sorry about this. Feel free to delete this post of mine.. damn :/
Hi ghanja. Could you tell me how you solved this problem?

I meet the same problem. All the perl scripts did not work, no any response even type "Hail". But lua scripts worked. I have ever setup the eqemu many time, using physical computer, using vmware, using windows 7 32 bit, using windows 7 64bit, using mysql 5.1 5.5 5.6 5.7, using mariadb, using perl 5.12, using perl 5.16. I even tried to use the installer, but it still did not work.

Could you give me some advice?
Old 07-11-2017, 10:32 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

uninstall, start over.

go to wiki. read through it once before doing anything, take notes if necessary. (the installer wiki, keep it simple)

install the pre-requesites it "assumes" you have installed -- the proper release, not the most up-to-date in some cases like perl... if 32 bit you need an EXACT version, not just any. all the specifics are in the wiki. if it doesn't work, you missed something... read it again. just remember it wokrs for 1000's of other people, so it's gotta be a local problem, if one arises. (nice way of saying it's your system, not their installer)

maybe turn UAC down in win7, it's a retarded feature anyway. unload any useless real-time anti-virus nonsense running in background. essentially, make sure you don't have any programs causing problems with the install and grabbing things from the net.

from what ghanja said, you want to install perl BEFORE you install maria/mysql -- although i really don't think that matters.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:41 PM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey98 View Post
uninstall, start over.

go to wiki. read through it once before doing anything, take notes if necessary. (the installer wiki, keep it simple)

install the pre-requesites it "assumes" you have installed -- the proper release, not the most up-to-date in some cases like perl... if 32 bit you need an EXACT version, not just any. all the specifics are in the wiki. if it doesn't work, you missed something... read it again. just remember it wokrs for 1000's of other people, so it's gotta be a local problem, if one arises. (nice way of saying it's your system, not their installer)

maybe turn UAC down in win7, it's a retarded feature anyway. unload any useless real-time anti-virus nonsense running in background. essentially, make sure you don't have any programs causing problems with the install and grabbing things from the net.

from what ghanja said, you want to install perl BEFORE you install maria/mysql -- although i really don't think that matters.
Thank you for your advice. I will try to look over the wiki.

It did not have any error log, when eqemu was running. I have check the perl scripts in the plugins and quests with "perl -c ". perl.exe works perfactly and all the scripts, dadabase, binary were the latest version . I mean that i did everything i could think of.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:58 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

right click properties for perl.exe and check Version [sic] on details tab of properties. make sure it matches what the wiki says...

also, for simplicity make sure you are follwing the setup for 32-bit server. 5.12.???? can't be a guess like that. pretty sure that's what the installer provides.