Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-25-2020, 05:18 PM
jhammer125
Fire Beetle

Default Fresh Install-Spells not working

I just completed an install following the windows server install guide. The install seemed to go off without a hitch. I can log in to the server with no issues, bots are working and casting but when I create a casting class, and go to cast any spell, I get the message that the spell was interrupted and my mana pool goes to 0.

I have not altered the database in any way. I have exported the client files from my server and copied them over to my client but that did not fix it either.

If I log into a different server using thew same client, I don't have the same issue.

The name of the server is The Crimson Flame. If someone would like to log in and let me know if they have the same issue, I would appreciate it.

I'm new to this and have no idea what to look for now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 07-25-2020, 08:14 PM
jhammer125
Fire Beetle

issue has resolved itself after a server restart.
Old 09-16-2020, 03:10 PM
littlelegend85@gmail.com
Fire Beetle

Default Level 1 Spell problems

Hello all thanks for taking a moment to help, I’ve exhausted my know-how. I am hosting a server for a couple of friends and we are having an issue I could find very little about via searches.

The problem detailed in this post is exactly what I am experiencing down to the letter: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ll+interrupted

Creating a level 1 goes fine, but no matter the class casting a spell will cause the display to tell me the spell was interrupted and that I have insufficient mana, and it then completely empties my mana pool. This happens whether I had the correct amount of mana or not. After hitting level 2 the issue seems to resolve itself (so far) except for a single time at level 7 on a necro and then it just went away.

Things I have tried so far: Fresh Install (Debian 9) with Akka’s Repack, completely fresh and updated database, quests, and maps, separate accounts with and without GM or permissions, building a client patch from exported files and a newly generated spells_us.txt

I have tried to exhaust all the resources I can via searches and research before I came here for your help, thanks very much for your time!
Old 09-16-2020, 03:19 PM
littlelegend85@gmail.com
Fire Beetle

It looks like an admin moved my post here, sorry If I posted in the wrong place I was just trying not to necro an old post.