Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-12-2014, 10:56 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Default RE: !A Classic Server!

Hello everyone I posted some time ago about A Classic Server! Ive been up and down with it, and NOW this server is mostly complete! Id like a test crew to check loots, exp rates, ENSURE you cant create nonclassic era race/class combos, starting items are correct(besides a backpack*)!

Boxing allowed, MQ2, not so much. You will be able to use MAPS in-game for easier travel for sure. Give me feedback and replys to what is correct, how much you like it, how whats missing, not correct, or not so right that needs looking into. Ill be sure to get back to you as soon possible with what my plans are. Hopefully within the next 6 months the server will be completely ready to go and enjoy.

There will be new twists which you the player will have to discover, and see for yourself.

So if you missed those classic days, or the days of camping your Manastones, and DE masks, and Jboots in Najena come on over and check it out for yourself and tell me what you think!

As part of a tester ill be assisting you in quests errors, issue you "Twink" items to get you off the ground and into the teens, 20s, 30s, 40s and give me a feel for how close this experience is to the days of old!

Thanks and hope to see you there!
Old 07-24-2014, 09:21 PM
Kuppaking
Fire Beetle

I'm glad you were able to get this working and am deff willing to hop in and take a look around.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:55 AM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Been getting alot of feed back and questions about the server, posting here some general information!

Boxing is allowed, during beta testing. The number will become limited when the server gets a wipe and we start over and go live (from classic!) it will be limited to 2 per user (IP) This will be aggressively enforced!

MQ2, for beta testing to help me it will be allowed. You being able to see how a mob behaves will move things along, if a mob is poofing or walking thour walls or giving you issues, then it has to be corrected. I feel pathing is such a big issue many servers want to avoid...not here I want pathing to work like it should, atlease for mobs, pets however are a different story.

The goal of the server? The goal is this, to make it feel and look as classic as possible, and unlike some other classic server in the past, Im not going to use hub zones like, Guild lobby or, PoK...or after Kunark, Velious and, Luclin are out start making my own path and start going in a different direction. It kills the feeling of EQ when this happens I feel, it's why servers come and go.

My goal is simple, to leave it as classic as possible, this means no nerfing, most servers even the P99 goes around nerfing of items all the time. My goal is to not nerf completely and/or completely remove OP items from game. Any item nerfed or removed during live EQ will remain (as we progress) in game but will see a reduced drop rate or altered way of remaining in game (for items quested). What this means is once said item(s) were nerfed they will remain on my server but SHARE a loot table with its nerfed version(s) and other items the same said mob would drop. This allows any player, OLD or NEW, the same chances at nerfed / un nerfed items tho the early worms will have a chance at getting them a bit quicker!

Say hello to the un-nerfed Wurmslayers, Moss Covered Twigs, Runed Fighters Staffs, Fungi covered staffs, Lootable Jboots, manastones and many others! They are all here to stay!

If this sounds like your kind of server and want to help with finding errors/problems, and want to be a part of it all come join! I have updated spells to be classicly correct(No longer does each class get spells at every level!) but I need more! Need to ensure items are where they need to be, loot tables are cleaned, any odd ball mobs poofed! Ill be happy to email you any Spell updates i do. (if required)

NOTE : A clean install of Titanium helps ensure the best experience on my server!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Pogi
Fire Beetle

Default server down

Is the server down for maintenance, or did you stop the project?

Thanks,

Bothi
Old 08-25-2014, 01:02 PM
nilbog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlie_0 View Post
My goal is simple, to leave it as classic as possible, this means no nerfing, most servers even the P99 goes around nerfing of items all the time.
Since you mentioned project1999, I wanted to clarify something. We do not unclassically nerf things, but rather change them according to a classic prekunark-velious timeline from the original launch. So for example, mosscovered twig began its career as a mainhand-able 1hb and was changed when epics were introduced (sept 2000). From a timeline approach, it worked like this on p99. When Kunark launched, it was mainhand. When epics were introduced, it became offhand and mosscovered branch began dropping. This is a rule-based system so it can be dynamically changed according to a.. timeline slider approach. Ivandyr's Hoop though. We nerfed the hell out of that for a variety of reasons.

All that said, good luck on your project. It is a worthwhile restoration.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:04 PM
rlie_0
Sarnak

Wasnt calling out the P99 project, not bashing the server. Just stating that early birds get the pre nerfed items. Always felt it takes alot away from late comers to the server or wasnt aware of the server when it was droping should have some chance at camping their very own items is all.