Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Mill3nia
Fire Beetle

Default Roxor's Random Loot Server

Hi All!

I'm introducing Roxor's Random Loot server to those who have not checked us out yet we have full scaled randomized loot from levels 1-80.
Custom content is being worked on aimed towards group play, Currently bosses from Classic, and Kunark are finished, I am currently working on velious.
We have a hub in Bazaar with Buffbot, Teleporter, Scriber, AA Vendor with custom augs, weapons, etc. Come check us out, you won't regret it!
we have forums at http://www.roxorserver.forumotion.com
Old 09-01-2014, 04:34 PM
jabedoben
Sarnak

You lost me at "group play". There are never enough people on these servers to group with consistently. So if you aren't a multi-boxer, it's pointless.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:25 PM
knowom
Discordant

You can also provide solo content instead of resorting to allow for multi-box. Developers could do a lot more though to make better solo play options without resorting to allowing boxing. How they choose implement them is up to the developers of course.

NPC's that buff players
1 use pet summons of different class types with built in duration times.
Follower quests where you help protect a given NPC class type.
Better use of potions and applications of them. They could have reuse timers built into them on a case by case basis.
Could reduce down time between fights.
A lower amount of zones in total so players have a greater tendency to group and do so more quickly and easily.
Special zones quest access that requires from 2 to 6 players via a quest for access and lacks camp safe spots at least to do anything worth while within them loot wise.
Could use linked mob pulls to have access based on the amount of players around at a time while still allowing for solo play or limited group size play.

That's just my initial thoughts on different ways to get around boxing while allowing for plenty of solo play, but find ways to encourage grouping even if it's smaller more limited group size it could be scaled based on the size around at a given time.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Mill3nia
Fire Beetle

most content can be defeated in a group of 2-3. we have buff bots, progression items, etc. there is plenty to do for the solo player, and we do encourage grouping for custom content as it can be quite tough as you progress.
we have a great GM team, helpful players. working on new content daily. also we currently have a boxing limit of 3 accounts per IP in place. we have been very active lately with players, finding a group is not an issue.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:43 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

From the little I played there, there was quite a bit to do. Sadly, the healing of a Shaman can't keep up with the damage that is taken - I'm not 80 by all means, but -shrug-
Old 09-02-2014, 07:58 PM
Mill3nia
Fire Beetle

gear takes care of the healing, at 80 with +healing items you'll see 100-200k crit heals
Old 09-02-2014, 09:30 PM
knowom
Discordant

Shaman isn't exactly a wonder healer anyway at least when it comes to burst damage, but single target sustain is another story between slow cannibalize regen torpor and heal takes a lot to run a shaman out of mana especially if they are good psuedo CC "parkers" with root on top of all that.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Aquaojo
Sarnak

Pretty awesome server with very active devs who are passionate about making the server fun!! Grouping is required in the much later stages, but this is one case where community makes the difference. We group a ton...Not cause we have to, but because we like to!!

Glad this server is avail. It's the best thing going in my opinion. Come join the fun!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:58 PM
Zarkiue
Fire Beetle

We are a up and coming server, A lot of content from classic to Velious. Some of the server content and details are as follows:

Classic Bosses- Naggy and Vox and Phinny, custom encounters for those of level 80 and some of the random gear and a few of our custom AA augs. Then we have Cazic Thule and Innoruuk they are tuned for those who have farmed some of the gear off the first three classic bosses.

Kunark- We have some interesting encounters in Kunark this is where you get your first set of Class armor pieces as we have customized, Vernril Sathir who drops the class legs that are custom with some interesting clickies, then you enter the fabled Veeshan's Peak here you will test you skill on the dragons of Kunark if you dare bring friends, and finally the main man himself Trakanon he is a a monster and is the gatekeeper mob for Velious once you can down him and get your class Chest you ready to move on.

Velious- This is our latest content release and it's a big one, Kael home of the Giants of the frozen lands here you will see a jump in overall difficulty, Vindi he is the first you will meet in battle all of his loot is customized and the encounter is not for the weak, then you can move into the temple of Rallos Zek and take on the Statue of Rallos Zek to start the cycle to finally meet the very powerful Avatar of War bring some good friends.

King Tormax awaits those who are brave enough to face him in his Throne room.

Now on to Dain Frostreaver the IV he is the leader of the dwarfs of the frozen lands and a boss not to be taken lightly but his drops are worth the fight .

Tunare, Bristlebane the mighty dragons Lord Yelinak and Zlandicar are foes you can also face who loot has been upgraded.

Sleepers and Temple of Veeshan are the newest zones to be released adventure awaits those who enter these dangerous and deadly places.

We also have many custom Augs and upgraded 2.0's along with some surprises that you will have to find yourself!!

We have have been up and running for 10 days and avg 45-60 people during peak hours and lots of groups always going come join the fun I promise you won't regret it !!
Old 09-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Server is great, open all races to all classes and that would put it over the top for me!
Old 09-06-2014, 02:04 AM
Burningsoul
Discordant

But thork... Then I'd have to reroll as an ogre monk...
Old 09-06-2014, 02:31 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

It makes things much more unique imo, yea its the same old races, and same old classes but then you start looking at like you said, orge monks, or troll rangers, iksar bards, stuff like that. Makes the server pop more. IMO of course
Old 09-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Zarkiue
Fire Beetle

That might be a possibility
Old 09-06-2014, 04:01 PM
zeldik
Sarnak

Fun stuff I am not currently still here but was fun for sure give it a try
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 PM
boweq
Hill Giant

Few questions,

First off, respect to the server, Very good Server,

But im a euro player, and Work alot,
So if i 3box, and ebcause sometimes i can only log for a hour after work cause going bed for next days shift, i suauly work 10am - 10.30pm onwards to 11.30pm depends on close down ( im a chef, its whenever the kitchen is clean and legal to close),
But if i 3box, How far can i get?

I currently have a 80 ranger, so Would be based around that, Possibly Sk/Ranger/Cleric, Any ideas on that combo? Would it work? How far would it get, granted with augs, but no im not gonna spend 1-2weeks farming enough stuff to overkill tiers, Since well that isnt fun lol i like to kill stuff:P
kill bosses:P