Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Tibia
Fire Beetle

Default Leetsauce server likings...

This server is pretty good in my aspect of likings. So far it has quite a bit of custom content where you can solo or even box uncontrollable amounts. There is full custom MQ2 support, including warp/speed hacks. I've been watching this server for a while and it has been above 40-50+ population. I would highly recommend this server to Green status! Tell me what you guys think! Would be great to see it their!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:41 PM
Skittz1
Fire Beetle

I started playing here a week or so ago myself. I agree completely with Tibia; there is a very strong and active community here, as well as some of the most active GMs on any server I've ever played on - the staff is extremely helpful. I'm really enjoying my time here and have yet to run out of things to work on. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Kreacher
Fire Beetle

I've been here since a day or two after launch. I'm loving the server. Great community, no drama, great owner/staff. Always something to do and it's very solo friendly. The owner is online everyday and always looking for player feedback and suggestions. This server is definitely one for the greens.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:59 PM
rasher3
Fire Beetle

I completely agree with Tibia and Skittz1. This server should be moved to Green status. I have been playing on this server for awhile now. My character is Regitor a lvl 80 Monk, and after playing on many different servers I do have to say this one has been my all time favorite one. I dont see myself playing on another server anytime soon.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM
carebear81
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up go Green for sure

The server gets regular care and has players from Euro and across the US. There's always someone on and custom vendors for every play style located throughout the game world. Anyone that's not given it a shot is missing out. Questions never go unanswered for new players. There's always someone to help when you encounter the occasional non-soloable boss. Excellent group of devs and players. It's Dope!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 AM
Belial1999
Fire Beetle

very fun, very cool community. always new content being put in place, or modifications to existing content. keeps everything fresh and lots of new things to do, dev's have definitely far surpassed my expectations. give it a try even if you just wanna log on when your normal server is down or whatever.

- Belial, Emperor of Norrath
Old 06-05-2014, 05:47 AM
jakaleca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibia View Post
There is full custom MQ2 support, including warp/speed hacks.
How is that in any way supportive of the proposition that the LS server is stable, popular, and enduring? It's a question that has to be asked, and answered; and please don't get me wrong, I (and others quite close to me) indeed have very well developed characters there, on Leet's server. It is a fast, fun, "alternative" EQ.

It is something that readers and avid EQEmu players here need to consider, however.

As I recall from early conversations with Rogean a few years ago, those are (or were) the primary criteria for "preferred" server status, and, if I may opine- there are perhaps too many so-called preferred servers already; including some which simply do not deserve to be so, anymore. At least, IF these few said realms in question had to "reapply" for "green" status today, there are a few which simply no longer meet those three rather simple and unambiguous requirements.

I do not wish to be derogatory or overly critical, and do not need to name-names in this regard, but it is blazingly obvious to anyone attempting to be objective about that fact, however uncomfortable it may be. Recall, also, that we've already recently lost a couple of "green" servers to downtime, disarray, or population loss; and some of us spent quite a lot of time on those realms before and after their status changes.

Meanwhile, there are likewise a couple older "standard" servers which are absolutely deserving of strong consideration for promotion, and which have been around for quite awhile now, which are well maintained and which routinely have populations exceeding that of many of the preferred boxes. I am in awe of one fairly recent addition that is amazingly well-run and maintained but underpopulated, given the "hard core" nature of it, and the brutal "old school" feel it has when you try to get your newb to level 2 or 3 there outside of "tutorialb" without LotD! (L0L)

As for the sanctioned use of MQ2, One can certainly understand how code like #stick is beneficial to any player, and I "wish" the emu itself had better /autofollow and pathfinding features built in than SOE's aging retail offering; BUT I am decidedly not a MQ2 or SEQ user, and do not see any need to cheat in games which are well designed and "fair" for everyone (RvR; risk-vs-reward; properly rewarding players who invest their time and effort, and ingenuity and determination ingame; NOT- just "random luck"-- or the use of trainers and cheat programs).

Thanks for reading.

greetings
Old 06-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Tibia
Fire Beetle

jakaleca: I never asked for your criticism, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get it to green status not have someone like you bring the server and myself down. Please, just stop yourself and don't be a "prick" about it. If you don't like this type of stuff on a server don't comment on something, the post is promoting not declining.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:01 AM
jakaleca
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibia View Post
jakaleca: I never asked for your criticism, I'm sorry, I'm trying to get it to green status not have someone like you bring the server and myself down. Please, just stop yourself and don't be a "prick" about it. If you don't like this type of stuff on a server don't comment on something, the post is promoting not declining.
Deal with the question at hand, if you can.

How is leniency on the use of cheat programs conducive to garnering preferred status? This may or may not have ever been an issue in the past; it is something worthy of consideration.

Calling me names rather than considering what I have written is likely going to be counter-productive to your campaign of "positivity."
Old 06-06-2014, 12:20 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

He was listing a feature of the server which, in general, most servers do not have, which tends to alienate a certain demographic of players. It may not be conducive to garnering preferred status, but it is certainly a feature worth mentioning to let users of said software know that they are welcome. This DOES indirectly have positive connotations associated with it in the way of popularity. Possibly even stability of the server being discussed.

That said, I appreciate you all making this post on our server's behalf. Our playerbase is awesome, and this post is proof.

As much as I would enjoy having preferred status, it seems we need to demonstrate our ability to achieve the third criteria: enduring. I'm assuming this means longevity of the server, and sustaining the popularity it has. This shouldn't be an issue if we keep picking up new players as I don't plan on bringing this server down ever.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
jakaleca
Fire Beetle

That makes sense, thanks for your reply, Leet. It wasn't something that my gang was aware of when we started playing on your server; creating and leveling up several characters there, months ago when you were first starting out.

Cheers
Old 06-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

I'm glad you played, and I hope you enjoyed while you were playing on my server. As always - it's a work in progress and will only get better the more players we have, and the more voices I hear. Because after all, we're all on the same team. Thank you all again for posting on behalf of Leetsauce Productions.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:09 PM
houdeano
Fire Beetle

This server is just great. It's so refreshing to play a server, as a non-boxer and not feel left behind. People do box, and Solo play here, and the community is fantastic. The lead GM 'Nightmare' (Leetsauce) is incredibly active, sometimes I wonder if he even sleeps. He also loves to hear suggestions from the community in moving the server forward in the future.

He has also enlisted some brilliant coders and with help from other players of the server they have made this server thrive.

It's not been all plain-sailing for Leetsauce productions. Some point in 2012 he created a server with similar aspects to this one, but unfortunately it did not attract the crowds, but he hasn't prevailed, he's learned from that and built what I think will be a server which is here to stay.

Going 'Green' would be a fantastic achievement for everyone involved in the server. New players are very welcome, many many players will help out, with gear, weapons, flagging as required. It has an active OOC so new players don't be afraid to get to know people!

Personally, I have met some great people, from all over the world, it has a big European contingent, as well as Americas, Asia and Australia. There are healthy numbers playing 24/7. As a European on EQemu, sometimes to find servers with players on during European daytime hours is hard to come by!

It's a server which is really worth spending time on!

If any new player has any questions in game, or on here about the server etc, feel free to message me! /tell Artful in game and I can help you get started!

'The' Artful Dodger
Rogue of Leetsauce
Old 08-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Lokedar
Fire Beetle

Default I like this server

Just wanted to give this server and post a bump.

Been playing on it for maybe a month now and have been having a great time! Community is nice and funny and helpful.

You don't need to play an army to progress but if you want to box you can. Lots duo and do very well.

Thanks for bringing back some EQ joy for me Leet!!

Also a shout out to Revan and Jinrual for taking me under their wing and answering all my questions :P

- Shaku of the guild <The Goonies>
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 PM
dirtmike
Fire Beetle

Server being moved to a new machine. Dual NICS, RAID, and additional IPs are some of the features gained after the move. Please note that the website was on the same hardware and is being moved as well.