Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:58 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Default DB issue

Hi, I keep getting these errors when I build my database. Using peqbeta_2014-08-11-02:01.tar.gz

Code:
Shared Memory
[Status] Loading Items...
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_shared_memory_5088.log
[Error] EQEmu Exception <Shared Memory> in ..\..\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (61): Could not open a file for this shared segment.
This one only flashes for a second as I start the batch file.

Code:
World.exe
[Error] Starting Log: logs/eqemu_error_world_5948.log
[Error] Error Loading Items: EQEmu Exception <Shared Memory> in ..\..\common\memory_mapped_file.cpp at line (130): Could not open a file for this shared segment.
This one hangs for about 20 seconds, then keeps on loading.

Neither of these errors are reported in the log files. The ones they say they're creating aren't actually there.

I've tried sourcing in all the updates since rev 2494, then all the required updates in the git folder (though I think that's wrong now), I've tried just updating just the date-based updates from 2014_07_10_npc_spells.sql onwards, and still the same error.

The server loads up fine, and I can't seem to find anything wrong in-game except that the server and client can't seem to agree on how much damage I am taking.

Health drops 10% more than the server thinks when taking hits, then bounces back up. So I'll go from (in one hit) 100% - 80% - then bounce back up to 90%. Same thing with HoT's cast on me by my Merc, except in reverse. My SoD health rule is set to true, and I'm using both a UF and Titanium client for testing purposes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Kilst
Old 08-28-2014, 02:17 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

That error means it can't create the file. Did you create the shared folder? Is it read-only? Did you run out of disk space? Does the user not have access to that folder?
Old 08-28-2014, 02:33 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Awesome! That worked.

"shared" was set to read-only for some reason.

Edit: actually, scratch that, didn't work. I must have missed it the other time. I'm using the admin account, and the folder is at C:\EQ\EQEmuServer\shared

I should have write access, and I do under the folder options
Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Run as admin doesn't change anything, tried logging in to another admin account, still no go.

I can delete the files in shared, and they get recreated just fine. No 0KB files except for the .keep
Old 08-28-2014, 06:32 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Look at which files are in the directory after you run shared_memory. You can look at the source to see which one it is failing on which may give you an idea where to look after that.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:15 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

shared folder:

.keep
base_data
faction
items
loot_drop
loot_table
skill_caps
spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerxst2112 View Post
You can look at the source to see which one it is failing on which may give you an idea where to look after that.
I'm still pretty noob-y, so I don't know how to check the source to find where it's failing.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

That looks like all the files that should be there. Are any, other than .keep, 0 size or very small?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:18 AM
kilst87
Sarnak

Sorry, was busy studying for exams.

There are a few that are pretty small

.keep 0KB
base_data 87KB
faction 272KB
items 93,653KB
loot_drop 9,950KB
loot_table 1,405KB
skill_caps 301KB