Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 PM
KingMort
Banned

The amount of cheaters in this community lately is ridiculous.. I hope they all get banned from every server that is clear about the rules NO MQ / MQ2....

Hope that you can get that technology perfected.. I would love to put a stop to them on my end..

King
Old 04-13-2009, 08:06 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallonTallonZek View Post
So we are overzealous with removing players who exploit and hack....but we never remove people who exploit and hack....gotcha.
Even posts like this is really just going to further the drama, which needs to stop now as I said earlier. This is fairly borderline, but I am giving fair warning! I know it isn't exactly flaming, but it is just pushing the argument again.

I would lock this thread, but I personally believe that locking does not solve issues, it just delays them.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Even posts like this is really just going to further the drama, which needs to stop now as I said earlier. This is fairly borderline, but I am giving fair warning! I know it isn't exactly flaming, but it is just pushing the argument again.

I would lock this thread, but I personally believe that locking does not solve issues, it just delays them.
Looks like sarcasm to me, seems only fair for him to be able to defend himself.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:24 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by image View Post
Yes, it was sarcasm, but sarcasm is rarely meant to be taken as a nice comment :P

I fully agree that they have every right to defend their server and I don't mind that at all as long as it is done in a reasonable manor.

I think the original post was handled just fine here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FonzoRelli View Post
Phric, im the VZTZ that banned your accounts. let me explain a few things. both on here and in game while we had our lil chat you claimed that you learned of these new mobs and their loot by reading the info on our site (www.pwnedemu.com), however that thread you have claimed to read states exactly which NPC and the zone in which it can be located. not to mention the thread describes the mobs as "custom 1 group encounters", and you never questioned being able to kill the mob alone?

Also, the custom mob you thought you found is clearly listed on allakhazam with its loot, just type in Ugrak. when u killed Ugrak and saw what you were looting you should have reported it, or at the very least not killed the mob enough times to accumulate over 45 pieces of gear and then start trading that gear out to over various members of the community and causing a negative effect to our economy.

and lastly, if you wanted to farther discuss the situation you should have messaged me or another staff member on our website. trying to slander our server and/or staff because you were caught and punished for it is hardly a respectable way to handle the situation.

-Sirken
VZ/TZ Staff
That is a respectable response and one of the only ones in this entire thread. It clearly explains the situation and explains why the OP was banned. It does not flame anyone in the least and simply sticks to the facts. That is the type of response I expect to see when an admin is defending their server.

Richardo was obviously way out of line and is treading on thin ice considering his primary account is already banned for other reasons. Whether his initial ban was warranted or not is hard to say for sure, but making posts like that isn't helping his case at all. At this point I am doubting his old account will ever get unbanned and if this type of activity continues, he will probably be banned on this account as well. Nothing against you personally, Richardo, but you are digging a hole for yourself by acting that way.

The reason I used VallonTallonZek's post as an example is because the post he quoted and his reply to that post didn't really make sense and could definitely be taken wrong. His response was meant as a reply to the entire thread, not just the post he quoted. Either way, I think it could have been said in a more respectful way or at least without the sarcasm.

In summary; if a flame post is made, it is NOT ok to keep the flames going just because someone else started it. If someone is flaming, feel free to report them directly to me and I will take care of it. And if we ask the flaming to stop, that doesn't mean it is still ok to keep pushing further drama, even slightly. Discussion is fine, but drama is not.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Demi-God

Whatever works for you Trevius, you da man.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:59 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Whatever works for you Trevius, you da man.
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep the peace. I think that comes with the job of being on the team here. If you think I am wrong about something, feel free to discuss it either openly, in a PM to me, or privately to one of the other team members. I am always open for discussion as long as it is a reasonable one.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
There is nothing wrong with trying to keep the peace. I think that comes with the job of being on the team here. If you think I am wrong about something, feel free to discuss it either openly, in a PM to me, or privately to one of the other team members. I am always open for discussion as long as it is a reasonable one.
The moderated user will just sit and nod.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
I actually would have never read a single post in this thread but I keep getting PMs on IRC telling me that I was being flamed so like Image said, only stating the facts.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:44 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Yea Yeormom, the 4th post down was bruuuttalllll .
Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Well, by the definition, that phrase is future tense.

For my English experts out there, next != current.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

Thats what she said.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VallonTallonZek View Post
Thats what she said.
Nothing like mistake in identity
Old 04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeormom View Post
I didn't simply download a PEQ database and launch a server with a known EverQuest server name when no other PvP servers we're available so I am not fortunate enough to simply launch a generic server. Thanks for your comments.
Saying that all VZ/TZ did was start a server running the PEQ DB and turn on PVP is an insult, not "stating the facts". So, yes you were participating in the flaming. Their team has been responsible for providing the community with some very nice code that they wrote for use on their server. Some of the most notable contributions they have made has been the Hacker Detection system (HUGE help), the IP Limiting, and much more. Look at some of TheLieka's code submissions to see more. While they may base their content off of the PEQ database, I don't even need to play on their server to know that they have made adjustments to it.

PVP in EQ is probably some of the worst PVP ever (IMO), since it was designed to be a PVE game and PVP was just something thrown in later. And PVP in EQEmu which is an incomplete version of EQLive is even worse. So, for them to have a popular PVP server means they probably had to do a fair amount of balancing,bug fixes, and other adjustments. They obviously must be doing something right as I have seen no decent PVP servers able to compete with them by a longshot. If it was as easy as you say, it would be easy to compete with them, but it is obviously not.

Either way, the flaming is over. Flames happened, and we can overlook them as long as they don't keep happening.

I think you PVP guys are just too used to fighting other people :P
Old 04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
VallonTallonZek
Sarnak

When you get your Dev vs. Dev server up, I am gonna corpse camp you Trevis...
Old 04-13-2009, 11:06 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
Saying that all VZ/TZ did was start a server running the PEQ DB and turn on PVP is an insult, not "stating the facts".
Actually, no...that's exactly what he did originally. The server had gained its popularity long before all of those wonderful features we're implemented. Thus, a fact. The server today is nothing like it was a year ago when TheLieka was the full time administrator, both in features and in community.

Also, you do realize most of that code was by Null right?

Quote:
I think you PVP guys are just too used to fighting other people :P
How else are you gonna win if you don't fight yo?