Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:05 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Default Tribal Warfare Server

Created this as an "official" server discussion thread 2 weeks before launch. Forum site is open early for support.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 AM
adamle00
Sarnak

I mentioned this in another thread already.....but don't forget auto skill ups!
Old 08-25-2017, 08:52 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamle00 View Post
I mentioned this in another thread already.....but don't forget auto skill ups!
Yes, you did, I saw that. It's already setup to "skillup" upon leveling. There is a lot more to the server than what
you've seen on these forums. It's not a comprehensive list by any means. I am editing the server forum site now,
(as we speak), but check it out later today, there will be lots of "about" info posted there. A whole players guide
is being written because players will definately need to know several things about making their way to endgame.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:19 AM
adamle00
Sarnak

Nice, i'll be checking it out for sure
Old 08-25-2017, 04:41 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Yea I'm ready for a new server come on open up early lol
Old 08-25-2017, 06:44 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

So if epics are going to be a major point of progression are you going to tinker with named mobs spawns (like removing placeholders) or drop rates?. I would also point out that some epics are a breeze compared to others. Also i would recommend disabling defiant drops, they kind of render all other armor pointless imho.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:03 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Keep an eye on the server forums for information. ALL mobs on the server are one-groupable.(or less) Even Ciphron in
WoS. :P No mobs will have a spawn timer over 30 minutes, but I am not going play with old school drop rates unless
absolutely necessary. I don't want to turn this server into a "3-day tour" for players, removing the challenges.
Lots of info (so far) found HERE
Old 08-25-2017, 08:49 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

Thanks for the response and the work =)
Old 08-26-2017, 05:19 AM
lupisnoctum
Sarnak

Love the auto skillups, let's hope that auto-scribing of spells is in as well. Few things more annoying than running around populating the spell book every few levels with that oddball setup SOE came up with.

Server concept sounds great, can't wait to give it a try.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:27 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupisnoctum View Post
let's hope that auto-scribing of spells is in as well.
eqtribal.com has answers for you :P
Old 08-28-2017, 07:54 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Just thought I would mention, those who have been reading the information on the Tribal forums, the "News & Updates"
section will have edits added to it right up until Sept 08th when the server opens up. Other information sections will
have random edits done without visible alerts. After Sept 01, information will be more complete 'ish
Old 08-29-2017, 09:38 AM
adamle00
Sarnak

I'll respond here about the spawn timers as i cannot seem to post or reply on your proboard forum. 30 Min spawn timers is fine for most mobs, but some zones like ToV for example or quite frankly alot of raid zones that might be a little fast.

Also I noticed alot of servers with "Hub" zones or areas are somewhat sad sack, if you are going to make a hub make sure to include bankers and a tribute master (this one almost always gets left out) and potion vendors.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:37 AM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
i cannot seem to post or reply on your proboard forum........

if you are going to make a hub make sure to include bankers and a tribute master (this one almost always gets left out) and potion vendors.
Have you even read any posts with info at all ? LOOK WAY UP AT MY OP. You see a little about the "hub",
and especially the PICS that are posted on the other thread you first asked a question on. there has been
tons of info on vendors, potions, etc., so not sure why you're not seeing it all.

As far as posting on forums, two others have been posting there no prob. But if you were trying to post
in "updates", that is read-only. Please use the support sections provided.

Everything you've been "suggesting" was done long ago, except for tribute masters, it's not even needed.

Sorry, but there will be no more support questions answered here. You signed up on the forum, you could of
sent me a PM there.
Old 08-29-2017, 03:00 PM
adamle00
Sarnak

I looked again at your screenshot from the other post and I didn't notice any potion vendors or a tribute master (which I use all the time, so I disagree here)

Also I mentioned some other things earlier which was not in your original blurb about your server and you added them after I mentioned them (auto skill ups), so all I was doing was making some suggestions of things to add which I didn't see and had no way of knowing that they were "done a long time ago".

Sounding kinda hostile to people already and the server isn't even up yet =p
Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM
Thorpa
Fire Beetle

Quote:
I looked again at your screenshot from the other post and I didn't notice any potion vendors or a tribute master (which I use all the time, so I disagree here)

Also I mentioned some other things earlier which was not in your original blurb about your server and you added them after I mentioned them (auto skill ups), so all I was doing was making some suggestions of things to add which I didn't see and had no way of knowing that they were "done a long time ago".

Sounding kinda hostile to people already and the server isn't even up yet =p
I think this might be pretty common among devs. You've gotta take a hard line early on or your vision starts to fade into the muddy waters pretty quickly.