Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 11-09-2004, 12:37 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Default Question about quests on 6.0 DR2 running on Linux

Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else but I have looked for hours and havent seen my answer, so here goes...

I have 6.0 DR2 with the PEQ_Kunark_Latest DB running on my RedHat9 linux server and I do have perl running, of course. But I dont see anything in my world output that says something like the perl part of DR2 is running. But I have seen it on my last Windows Server install. So, does the linux source have it or am I not doing something right?

I have been reading about the quest system all afternoon and I am very excited to try it out. Plz help set me straight. Thank you.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:10 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

you need to use makefile.perl to build zone (make -f makefile.perl) .. im sure theres a guide around here somewhere for it... i just dont wanna look right now.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:30 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Thanks for the responce. I did find that makefile.perl and attempted a compile but it failed on an error :-( Anyone have a fix for this or is this just a known bug and I just need to be patient for the next release of CVS or something?

Thanks again for your help everyone.

embperl.o(.text+0x157): In function `xs_init':
/usr/include/c++/3.2.2/bits/stl_alloc.h:409: undefined reference to `boot_quest'collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [zone] Error 1
Old 11-09-2004, 01:58 PM
fathernitwit
Developer

hmm... sounds like you are missing perlparser.o in the list at the top of the makefile... it is there on CVS, so I dunno.

make sure the big list at the top is the same as it is here:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.p...&view=auto
Old 11-09-2004, 04:35 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Thanks again for your responce. I did download and compile the latest CVS that was put out again tonight and am trying that one out now as we speak, but despite it and your advice to try that new makefile.perl, I'm still not seeing any startup messages in my world log or zone logs that indicate if its loading any perl support or not. Is there a test I can do against what I am running now that will tell me for sure if the perl support is there or not in my 6.0 DR2?
Old 11-09-2004, 04:48 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Acutally, I think I am being a dumbass.. after I do the following steps:

make world
make zone
make libEMuShareMem.so

Then I should go back to zone directory and type:

make -f makefile.perl right? or do I copy makefile.perl over the original makefile for the zone directory and then do a make?

Right now when I type make -f makefile.perl, I get the following message:

makefile.perl:5: *** missing separator. Stop.

I don't know what this message means, unfortunately for me.

Otherwise I have the newest CVS of 6.0 DR2 up and running, just looks like minus the perl support for the quests I wanna play with.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:04 PM
WildcardX
Developer

Ok I managed to fix that MAKE error message I was getting about the missing seperator. it was just complaining about formatting, but now I am getting this little error message when I type make -f makefile.perl:

make: *** No rule to make target `zone_profile.o', needed by `zone'. Stop.

Anyone wanna take a swing at this message for me?
Old 11-10-2004, 02:19 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I'm still stuck on that makefile.perl problem I have :-( I reat this thread that was last edited in July: http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12020

It says if I dont see the following in my Zone then perl isn't enabled in EQEmu. Is that still true of 6.0 DR2?

[Status] Loading embedded perl
[Status] Loading perlemb plugins.

I am definately not getting these messages on my server.
Old 11-10-2004, 03:23 PM
WildcardX
Developer

WOOT!!!!

I fixed my problem and my server is now running the quest system to!

My issue was self-inflicted.. I neglected to extract the /MISC directory ... Once I reextracted everything and left it all as it was in the .ZIP, well it works just fine lol