Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Bugs

Archive::Bugs Archive area for Bugs's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 08-28-2004, 03:45 AM
Shadow-Wolf
Dragon

Default test server bugs

so far i have ran into the following, dunno if some are bugs but some may be.
* Npcs that usualy have somthing under their name in ( ) like (fishing supplies) have fishing supplies as their last name
* #zone seems to work fine but when i used a zoneline in felwithe that goes to gfay i crashed
Old 08-28-2004, 04:07 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

PEQ has a fix for that. I believe someone posted that fix here before, probably under EQEMu Development.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:09 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

/surname left blank does not clear surname.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:52 AM
laendrick
Fire Beetle

-max level to 146 (or somewhat, no biggie though)

-had a "You have killed Velketor the Sorcerer" message just when i launched auto-attack on him, though he began attacking / moving normally, just looks like this message shouldn't have been here.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:46 AM
bluejam
Hill Giant

I did not experience the level restriction bug on multiple chars. #level 255 worked for me as for another guy that was playing at the same time.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejam
I did not experience the level restriction bug on multiple chars. #level 255 worked for me as for another guy that was playing at the same time.
I concur #level 255 worked fine.
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 08-29-2004, 04:20 AM
spider1
Fire Beetle

Resists dont appear to be working, and an intricate wooden figuring is giving insane stats like+5467746 ac and+321563 hp
Old 08-29-2004, 08:17 AM
aknosis
Fire Beetle

Item casts didn't work also couldn't summon w/charges
some pet spells didn't work
health on my screen wouldn't always be the same on another pc also my targeted health was a different % sometimes (maybe have been the uber charm item that caused this prob (unsure) )
would zone and meelee items would change on me

forgive me if anything was already implied this is just what i member.
Old 08-29-2004, 03:27 PM
Artech
Fire Beetle

Default wrong characters

I keep trying to log into my account only to go into others character screens. I can get everybodies character but my own heh.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:23 AM
sebber
Fire Beetle

i also have the same other guys character bug
first time i logged in i started with a lvl255 character
then i restarted, hoping it would be gone but the lvl255 was back
after that i restarted again then i had a lvl65 elf
after that i could finally make my own char once made i started it lvled a bit (didnt know cheats worked here) but when i restarted to continue playing suddenly someone had made a character on my account lol

another bug: npc who sell nothing? cant gate near the gate where u started (in POK)
Old 08-30-2004, 03:15 AM
Tarvaln
Fire Beetle

Default Is the 5.8 beta server down - weeee....

Followed the instructions on the homepage but when I logged in the only server I saw was a 5.7DR6 locked server. Is the 5.8 one down or have I messed something up. Thanks

I've posted this in multiple places feel free to delete those other ones. I was also told that this isn't a support forum but directed to post my question here. blah blah blah Thanks again
Old 08-30-2004, 03:20 AM
mattmeck

Default Re: Is the 5.8 beta server down - weeee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarvaln
. I was also told that this isn't a support forum but directed to post my question here. blah blah blah Thanks again
Not by a Moderator / admin you werent
Old 08-30-2004, 03:24 AM
Tarvaln
Fire Beetle

Very true, my faith in those who seem to know what they are talking about must be misplaced. I shall only obey moderators, Admins, and hookers.. please forgive me
Old 08-30-2004, 03:47 AM
killspree
Dragon

Default Re: Is the 5.8 beta server down - weeee....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarvaln
. I was also told that this isn't a support forum but directed to post my question here. blah blah blah Thanks again
Not by a Moderator / admin you werent
I told him that in a thread he created seperately, and he wasn't being direct in the post. And it also appears the thread was deleted, so I'm guessing I was correct in my assumption that he was posting in the wrong area/shouldn't have created a new topic.
Old 08-30-2004, 04:07 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
and hookers
Your ok in my book.

Quote:
And it also appears the thread was deleted, so I'm guessing I was correct in my assumption that he was posting in the wrong area/shouldn't have created a new topic.
Actualy if this thread wouldnt be here the post would have been fine, wasnt what ya sayd killspree just the way ya sayd it ( i know i know newbieslayer and all that jazz, )