Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::MiniLogin

Support::MiniLogin Support forum for problems with the official MiniLogin release.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM
scottiemarlow
Fire Beetle

Default Minilogin/Mysql

Hello all, I'm trying to make a Minilogin server for my own use because I lost my job a couple weeks ago and my internet is going soon so this is my only chance to be able to play eq still. I downloaded the minilogin and pasted (Angelox's) stuff inside and changed IPs to my own. I made a shortcut to launch eq from and changet the target to end in eqgame.exe"patchme'. I changed the eqhost.txt file to my IP. I'm stuck here I dont know what to do next, the guides just say to get mysql like it's no big deal but so far I have downloaded 2 versions and nither work. I have Mysql 5.1.28 but I can't find any way to install it or actually use it so I got version 6.0 becasue it said it had a windows installer so I load it up and open the command prompt and it says enter password? I tried all the stuff I used in the short installation and it just beeps and closes. Please any help would be much appreciated and Im sorry if this has been asked before I have spent hours in the forums reading and just can't get it, please help me guys!
Old 10-24-2008, 03:46 PM
paaco
Discordant

Mysql 5.1 does not work with eqemu. Grab 5.0

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html
Old 10-24-2008, 03:49 PM
scottiemarlow
Fire Beetle

Default Ty

Thank you I'll try it now
Old 10-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Well, I'm not sure anyone has tried it on 6.0 so you may be breaking new ground. Most of us run 4 or 5 and I know it works on those. Try this one:

Mysql for Windows

You'll probably want to remove the 6.0 version. Take a look at some of the docs on the mysql site to make sure you are installing it correctly and that you understand what's happening and how to set it up.

Take a look at the Windows links on this page. Some are a little dated but still have relevent information. Post back if you have more questions.