Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:07 PM
j0kie_smurf
Fire Beetle

Default My New Server

Hi. I have been working on a EQ server for a little while now. My friend had bought some servers and wanted to host a game on one. He asked me to set up an Eq server. Him and I played on live for a while and it was great. Work having taken over much of our time we had to quit playing.

Well, we have a server running now, it is brand new and has a small player base at the moment.

Shards of Isztar is our server:
http://shardsofisztar.game-host.org/...orum/index.php

Custom/legit server based on live but being modified. Classic quests are there but new ones being added. All the classic gear intact but new stuff also being added. Characters can exp to level 65 then must perform quests and things to go past level 65.

All of the zones are open and no GM status or level requirements to enter any zone. Of course if your character is too low a level for the monsters, that's a different story.

Bots will be disabled and anti-spam and anti-cheat mechanisms are enabled. There will be no boxing of characters allowed. OOC and chat is open and the classic mail system is in use.

Random events, holiday events and other things are added and more being developed. It is also a PvP server with no exp or item loss til level 10. There are pvp events and also guildwars. And I have set up an area on the forum to place bounties on other characters. Guilds may place bounties as well.

The rules and naming policy is not as strict as other servers. We only ask that no sexual content/harassment or racial slanderings are involved.

We are always open to suggestions for content and features and I have opened a few polls on the forum.