Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::General > Archive::Server Discussion

Archive::Server Discussion Archive area for Server Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

Default LOTD 2

Due to lack of staff and motivation for the staff, the project is back on hold until we can get a working staff that is motivated enough to do it. I seem to be the only one who tries to work on it... Everyone just kind of... left.

Is on hold until further notice

Hey all, the new LOTD is now being worked on. It will be on 5.9 DR1 and will have totally new content, mostly from the TPOC stuff, lol, so if you want info, read that stuff.

It *WILL* have its own login-server, and patcher program. You will not be using the eq.exe to play on it, you will be using a new program, that way you can patch up automatically and then go to server list =).

This server will have new races, zones, items, spells, props, classes, and more. Also, it will have cool flash videos for certain things.

New Event System:
GM's will now be able to type in a command for events and then a flash video will start for all the people participating. Then all the NPC's will spawn and it will start, this way there is no preperation, waiting, exc, and we can make lots of new events. All events will be done in special designated event zones, kk. It will not be accessible to players unless an event is going on.

Planar Progression Code is already made for this server thanks to Cleaver. Just need to change names and such =), ty Cleaver.

Source for custom channels, such as a channel called Harpers, on the server, is made, just like EQLive. We can have special guild channels and exc.

Look at the TPOC post for more information =D, the server will have all of that and this stuff, plus things from Cleaver soon-to-come. Web-Site is not up yet at all. C++ team is currently working on the patcher, login-server, (Secret Thing), and LOTD.exe program =).

We are always looking for staff. To apply, go to #LOTD IRC channel, or contact Adam at booba365@robermorris.edu or contact me at xteam_leader@yahoo.com. We will have an application site soon for GM's when we get people on the site team, heh. When you email us, me and Adam will talk about you and such, kk.

Current Teams:

C++ Team

Server Maintenence Team

Site Maintenence and Building Team

World Building (In-Game Spawning)

Compiling Team

Quest Creation

3D Modeling (Items)

3d Modeling (Props)

Zone Creation And Remaking of Old Zones

Zone Texture Creation

Race Creation

Server Flash Events (Basically In-Game Flash Movie Makers)

Item Creation (Not the modeling, adding stats, names, and such)

Communications and Helping GM

Spells Teams:
Spells
Icons

I talked with Melwin and this will be the only post on this Topic, no others. If you post here, it will be deleted, even if you are a staff. Staff will need to talk to me about updates and I will just edit this post. This is an LOTD News Post, kk. Ty Melwin =), u rock =D.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Deimos
Hill Giant

This was not a topic to reply to if you read the top. Even if you wanted to help, I said *go to IRC* or *email me or Adam*, please no more replies
Old 09-29-2004, 03:20 AM
Melwin
Fire Beetle

At Deimos' request, neither positive nor negative commentary about LOTD 2 is allowed and will be deleted on sight.