Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-28-2019, 02:52 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

Default Velious Armor Textures

Hi guys,

First off, great support system here. I'm brand new to running a server and there's a literal ton of info that can be found just by doing a quick search. That being said, I have a current issue kicking my ass. I have edited my eqclient.ini to reflect TRUE on all armor textures as such:

LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=FALSE
LoadVeliousArmor=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE

Despite restarting the client and server, velious armor is still using classic textures, just a different color when applicable. Has anyone else had this issue?

*edit: Forgot to mention I am using classic race models.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:51 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Code:
AllLuclinPcModelsOff=TRUE
UseLuclinHumanMale=FALSE
UseLuclinHumanFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinBarbarianMale=FALSE
UseLuclinBarbarianFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinEruditeMale=FALSE
UseLuclinEruditeFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinWoodElfMale=FALSE
UseLuclinWoodElfFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinHighElfMale=FALSE
UseLuclinHighElfFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinDarkElfMale=FALSE
UseLuclinDarkElfFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinHalfElfMale=FALSE
UseLuclinHalfElfFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinDwarfMale=FALSE
UseLuclinDwarfFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinTrollMale=FALSE
UseLuclinTrollFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinOgreMale=FALSE
UseLuclinOgreFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinHalflingMale=FALSE
UseLuclinHalflingFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinGnomeMale=FALSE
UseLuclinGnomeFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinIksarMale=FALSE
UseLuclinIksarFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinVahShirMale=FALSE
UseLuclinVahShirFemale=FALSE
UseLuclinElementals=FALSE
LoadVeliousArmorsWithLuclin=TRUE
LoadArmor17=TRUE
LoadArmor18=TRUE
LoadArmor19=TRUE
LoadArmor20=TRUE
LoadArmor21=TRUE
LoadArmor22=TRUE
LoadArmor23=TRUE
LoadArmor240=TRUE
Might be some duplicate in there but that's what my ini says.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:00 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

I believe my ini says exactly the same. I will double check mine against yours when I get home from work. Are you running on a private server with the same issue, or no issue at all? I can't verify if anyone else on my server has the same issues because I'm the only one but matter what armor or "#texture x y" I use no velious textures show. I know it's a known issue with the newer models but nobody has an issue with pre luclin models after they adjust their ini file. Thank you very much for the reply.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:12 AM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

I checked my ini against yours listed and it's the same so the problem is deeper than the config. I'm running titanium with Akkas latest install pack so I know I should have the textures, but velious gear still looks like classic leather or plate, etc. Does anyone know columns under the item data in the DB decides texture? Or any other ideas?
Old 01-31-2019, 09:57 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

items table, texture column, 17-23 are the armor textures.

You can test this by simply clicking on yourself or an NPC and typing #texture 17. You should see the texture if not then they aren't loading.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:54 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

I have checked and rechecked and there is no texture column in my items table. I also checked my game folder and I have "globalxx_amr.s3d" where xx is 17 through 23. When I try #texture 17 through 23 however it just cycles through the classic armor. How can I fix the disconnect?

*edit: after posting I went to my items table and created a texture tab, added texture 23 on an item and tried it on in game and still no change. Also forgot to mention I'm using Heidisql 9.1.0.4867 and an iksar monk and a human warrior as my primary in game test dummies. Thank you again for any help.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:20 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

So today, using the Cowl of Mortality as an example, I edited the DB under the "material" column and changed the value (defaulted to 2) to 240. I logged in and my cowl of mortality had the correct velious graphic on my human. Hooray! White lotus chest wraps for example already have a value of 23 which I believe is supposed to be correct. So I wonder if the value on the DB is supposed to be something else.
Old 01-31-2019, 05:48 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Yeah sorry I brainfarted earlier. Texture is for NPCs and material is for items.

For your Cowl of Mortality example though it's supposed to be 2. Custom Cowl is the one that's 240.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

The custom cowl was set at 1 oddly enough. Seems the DB I'm using has a few issues. Do you have, for instance White Lotus Chest wraps at material 23 and black pantherskin tunic at 20? If so, my issue is outside the scope of my database and I'm officially lost.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:39 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Yep, 23 and 20, respectively.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:58 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

Okay, I'm not smart enough to come up with any magical ideas to fix this. Only thing left I can come up with is that the s3d files are wrong/broken or just not being talked to and short of a clean install, I have no idea how to verify any of that. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Old 01-31-2019, 07:35 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Edit: just tested it on a new monk and it's working fine for me. Are you testing it on a monk class?
Old 01-31-2019, 07:59 PM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

Yes, I tested all slots on an iksar monk with items from the two sets I asked you about, except the helm slot after I discovered the fix. I'm sure it's something stupid I'm missing but my ini is good, my material column is good and I have files that are at least named correctly in my EQ folder.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:06 AM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

Replaced the corresponding files to do the texture upgrade including the armor files globalxx_amr.s3d (17-23). Still no luck. I wonder if the DB I have doesn't have it written to use those files so writing 17-23 doesn't actually do anything. I'm not familiar enough with heidisql to check but is there a way to see which files the material column is connected to?
Old 02-05-2019, 04:54 AM
boxedguy
Fire Beetle

So after a lot of research and trying to filter out everyone just repeating the same "check your ini file" I discovered a dead project started by Savok that was semi-resurrected by Rainbowdash on the P99 forums:

Quote:
Velious Texture Replacement

A recreation of Savok's work here (http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...1&postcount=34). Since his links seem to be dead and I had someone ask about this I recreated it and reposted it.

All credit for this goes to Savok, NOT ME.

There are two possible downloads. Velious 1 or Velious 2. Velious 1 has leather, chain, and plate (1, 2, and 3 respectively) set to the new Velious leather, chain, and plate textures (17, 18 and 19 respectively). Velious 2 has leather, chain and plate (1, 2, and 3 respectively) set to the Velious cloth, ringmail, and scale textures (20, 21 and 22 respectively). Both have the old monk textures (Texture 4. Human/Iksar only) set to the Velious Monk armor (Texture 23). This does not and will never change helmet graphics.

You may only choose one of the sets of 3 at a time. Choose wisely and swap back and forth as you see fit.

For reference:
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6439/darkelfxd.jpg

Can download Velious 1 pack here (http://www.mediafire.com/?xet00zfk3baeoxu).
Can download Velious 2 pack here (http://www.mediafire.com/?g2bd9p6hmoo1ebf).

Simply extract from the .rar and move the two files over to your Everquest directory. No eqclient.ini changes are needed.

You must make backups of global_chr.s3d and global4_chr.s3d before doing this. I will NOT be providing backups of the base files (for obvious reasons). That means if you fail to make a backup of the original files and decide later you want to revert back, you'll have to completely reinstall Everquest. You've been warned.
This totally works. I installed each set of files and cycled through #texture on a few different races and it works exactly as advertised. There are a couple major drawbacks. Being that each download includes global_chr and global4_chr, you only get to choose one set at a time. This also changes ALL similar armor types (leather, chain or plate) to look like the corresponding velious armor texture regardless of their origin for as long as the files remain. Simply put, this is a bandaid for an issue that seems to have no easy solution but it's a pretty damn good start.

Last edited by boxedguy; 02-05-2019 at 05:15 AM.. Reason: Elaboration