Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-16-2020, 09:36 PM
monkeymonkey
Fire Beetle

Default Default Everquest Music - Help with completing collection!

Hey EQEmu! So I've been a huge fan of this music forever and frequently listen to it, but I've been bothered that maybe I'm missing some key music, and some of my current music isn't titled right. Most of the mp3's were converted from midi using a Windows soundfont (instead of an old-school SoundBlaster one, because the Windows versions were more nostalgic to me). The rest of the mp3s have been downloaded along the way, through forums and file directories. I found some proper names for some of the unknown songs from the Everquest Album, but there are still a few that I think are named improperly or just not named at all.

What I would love is some help finding the proper Everquest locations for the mp3's. Most songs were reused in many zones, so what may be my Ak'anon may be your Aviak Tower. For sake of completion, if you know the song from a different zone or area, don't hesitate to mention it!

Finally, if there is any song that's missing (up to Velious, though I do have a few Luclin or later songs on there that still hold some nostalgia), please let me know!

Relevent Link to the music folder in Google Drive

And yes, there are some songs that sound like duplicates, but have minor differences. I don't know if that's true to the music in EQ, or just a result of downloading/converting from so many sources throughout the years.

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-04-2020, 07:02 PM
Estrang86
Fire Beetle

if you go into p99 > technical discussion i think there are a few threads regarding capturing the music maybe not exactly the same goal as yours but some folks with energy towards the cause.

I personally would like to know if anyone has discovered HOW the music is triggered as I have this nagging annoyance in my head that the 'sphere of influence' for music may be broke and smaller/random compared to what live was back in the day. Example is some of the inns in freeport will start to play their melody and cut out abruptly at random 'holes'.