Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-23-2009, 06:28 PM
roflstein
Fire Beetle

Default PEQ dead?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm new to PEQ Grand Creation server, and I was wondering if their server and website being down for about 12 hours is something to be worried about, or if this is some sort of weekly maintenance I don't know about. Thanks in advance for any helpful info anyone posts.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:31 PM
trevius
Developer

No, if there was something to be concerned about, you would have seen posts about it here from the server's team already. I think they are experiencing some network issues IIRC. I think I read something about that recently anyway.
Old 04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

We've had ongoing problems with temperature control in the data center where we are hosted. Their AC must have gone to all hell over the past 2 days because PEQ has been completely unusable. I put a request in to just shut us down until everything is settled on their end, rather than kill our new hardware. I don't have anymore information at this point, and won't until FNW comes back from his trip as he's the only one who has physical access to the server.

EDIT: Short version, don't worry we'll be back up.

Last edited by cavedude; 04-24-2009 at 02:39 AM..
Old 04-23-2009, 06:46 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Any PEQ users who wish to gather, join us in irc. Server is irc.eqemulator.net, channel is #npcmovdb.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:03 PM
vales
Discordant

Thanks for the heads up, CD.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Server is back up, so we can use our forums. I am keeping the game server for now until I feel better about our stability. However, I don't believe they would have started us back up unless the heat problems in the data center were under control.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:12 PM
Ceazar69
Fire Beetle

There up!...Errr.now there down...grrr
Old 04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
We've had ongoing problems with temperature control in the data center where we are hosted.
I call mine "the NOC"... basically a Dell poweredge 2900 standing in the corner of my study with a fan blowing on it.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:42 AM
tobbygnome
Fire Beetle

yes, seems the PEQ members are withering without any forums and EQ, but 1 thing is that the IRC server that CD posted above may sometimes be down so instead, try using THIS: irc.eq2emulator.net #npcmovdb instead and that will most likely connect to the IRC. Also it would be nice to have a ventrilo or teamspeak server running for PEQ, i know shadestrike had one going but he must of killed it, but nowdays ventrilo is very usefull and small, maybe someone in US might consider running one?

Cheers, Tobbygnome
Old 04-24-2009, 05:58 PM
Bidon45
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams View Post
I call mine "the NOC"... basically a Dell poweredge 2900 standing in the corner of my study with a fan blowing on it.
In my experience, OUTGOING fans help a lot more than incoming. having fans near the PC or Server blowing the heat from it out seems to do better. My PC has a lot of equipment in it that should generate a lot of heat, and I have just 1 outgoing fan in the back and it never overheats heh
Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 PM
Foin
Fire Beetle

Default Updates

Any updates yet as to when we might be up again? I am one of those people who twitches when they cant play eq for days on end.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:42 PM
tobbygnome
Fire Beetle

lol Foin, i know what you meen, i have had 2 all nighters all EQ free but still having EQ open on my second monitor checking that list to see the return of PEQ. Dont worry my friend, it will come back soon, in the meantime, try watching movies and tv eps to pass the time like i have. It actually feels like a really long time since i've played EQ for some reason even though its only been a couple of days.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:54 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidon45 View Post
In my experience, OUTGOING fans help a lot more than incoming. having fans near the PC or Server blowing the heat from it out seems to do better. My PC has a lot of equipment in it that should generate a lot of heat, and I have just 1 outgoing fan in the back and it never overheats heh
Too bad we are in a several hundred machine server farm room with a faulty AC unit :(

No updates on PEQ, though they keep bringing us up and down, mostly likely to conserve the limited cool air for the paying customers
Old 04-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Demi-God

Don't feel bad cavedude, my server had power issues then the power supply failed. It is how the dedicated biz goes :P

Edit: Btw Rogean's IRC server was down, try eqnet.eqemulator.net
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
Ceazar69
Fire Beetle

A/C technician here, whats the A/C doing/not doing maybe i can talk ya' thru the fix