Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:51 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

change log:
2 new custom merchants.
item tweaks.
death penalty adjustments and corrections.

Side notes:
very few zone crash's have occurred in the past few days about 1 per day. i would like it to be 0 crash's the investigation continues.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:18 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Change log:

50 Npcs Relocated For Easy Access.

Max level limited to 80 due to AA problem crashing zones over lvl80
effected toons will allways fail to login and crash the zone there
trying to login to the only fix is to delete the toon.

Fixed several miss placed mobs.

Started to add money drops to more mobs.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:57 PM
shalll
Fire Beetle

I have been following your posts on the forums and and very interested in testing your server out. But i am having issue's loading up. cannot even get to the char select screen.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalll View Post
I have been following your posts on the forums and and very interested in testing your server out. But i am having issue's loading up. cannot even get to the char select screen.
if you could provide some more info so i can check in to the issue your login name would allow me to check logs ect for problems. what version of client are you connecting with. maybe even your ip address but i would suggest sending this information by private message not posting it on the forum.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

change log:
max level reduced to 75 due to zone crashing issue linked to invalid high level AA's the 6 players that where lvl80 where reduced to 75.

all bots over 75 where also reduced to 75.

possible connection issue resolved.

other notes:
pending hardware upgrade doubling server ram in the next few days as soon as the package arrives.
server will then have the capacity to boot 255 dynamic zones this being the max amount as limited by the byte size table.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:21 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

255 dynamic zones is pointless, unless of course you have 255 people in 255 different zones.......which is unlikely, boot static, it'll allow the players to load faster and prevent camping to abuse spawns.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:27 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
255 dynamic zones is pointless, unless of course you have 255 people in 255 different zones.......which is unlikely, boot static, it'll allow the players to load faster and prevent camping to abuse spawns.
take note of the wording server has the capacity to do so i never mentioned anything about doing it. as Ive calculated that with the given bandwidth only 100~ players could possibly connect to the server at once having more then 100 would simply be redundant. the server performs many other tasks besides this little side project that runs invisible in the background. i have verified the server to have 452 functional zones if the servers soul purpose was for eqemu i would static boot all 452.
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Ive gotten reports of account based issues logging in to the server several players have reported they can login with 1 account but not another. it seems to be a problem with the eqemu public login system not the server it self.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:17 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

change log
final necromancer and shadow knight pets have been properly implemented others to come.
necromancer pets have been adjusted to be more level appropriate.
Old 10-27-2012, 11:28 AM
opyrus
Hill Giant

change log:
client support changes the following clients are supported (Titanium/SoD/Underfoot/Live) by "support" meaning these clients will be able to login.

I suggest using the underfoot client as this is the client i work from so changes made are based on how my client responds.

Side notes:
some time in the future i may limit support to underfoot alone and offer a client updater to keep things more consistent.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Where to start on this...

Quote:
Ive gotten reports of account based issues logging in to the server several players have reported they can login with 1 account but not another. it seems to be a problem with the eqemu public login system not the server it self.
No, its your own fault. Based on the batch you posted:

Quote:
Echo Starting Server
start /B minilogin.exe
start /B world.exe
start /B eqlaunch.exe zone
Quote:
client support changes the following clients are supported (Titanium/SoD/Underfoot/Live) by "support" meaning these clients will be able to login.
Just because you have a conf file doesn't mean its supported. Maybe Noport is developing for you though.

Quote:
some time in the future i may limit support to underfoot alone and offer a client updater to keep things more consistent.
That's a quick way to get blacklisted as thats not legal in any sense you would do it.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Dude should get his own forums or website to spam.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:52 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

Fine not posting anymore it is what it is figure it out on your own if its down its down hope it comes back. it is what it is no documentation will be offered no list of changes nothing.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:41 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Now there is a stable server op, one complaint and throws a fit.

Get a website dude, its not rocket surgery
Old 10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
opyrus
Hill Giant

its a good thing they haven't passed that anti troll law yet. apparently posting in the server category under my own servers listing is spam. I must have missed the part where i held a gun to your head and made you read every word in my thread. i wish i had the time to sift thru garbage and twist it around to make someone i don't even know look bad guess having a real job so i have something to do during the day time is more then others can say. its not my mission to attack others for fun online to fuel my own self esteem. nothing but clandestine malcontents with nothing better to do.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=clandestine

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=malcontent