Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Well - if I'm looking in the right place, when I launch World.exe it says EQEmulator 0.8.0. The log file references eqemu_debug_world_3384.log. Is there another way of determining the server code I'm using? I'd be happy to go back to the guide and redownloaded the entire package and recompile.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:25 AM
joligario
Developer

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/updates/list
Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Okay - not to sound like an absolute retard, but I went to that link and see the update history (wow! I had no idea it got updated that often)...I see where you go to Downloads and get the Rev2022-Bots.zip (in my case I use bots), but what's the procedure for updating your server? Do I just unzip and overwrite files and then import SQL changes or right click my SVN folder (C:\source) and update there and then recompile? I'm going to search forums again to make sure I haven't missed something in the meantime.

Edit: I just found http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...a=ProjectEQSVN on the wiki. It looks a tad old, but in regards to updating, do you have to recompile every time a new release comes out (looks quite often), or is overwriting or updating those folders enough?

One more update - In the interests of helping myself and not bugging you further, I'm resourcing everything via SVN into a separate folder right now. It looks like it's revision 2050. Mine was from 9/19. I'll simply follow the procedure for compiling, etc from scratch.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

You do have to re-compile every time you want an update applied to your server.

I can't stress this enough, backup before you do (this applies to every digital piece of information you have control over--not just EQEmu). If you have a working server make a backup copy somewhere of the entire server folder. That way if anything goes wrong you can always roll back. (I know backing up is the most basic idea, but I know plenty of veterans that sometimes make this mistake, me included. I can count the number of times that backups have saved me a ton of grief. Just sayin.)
Old 10-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Understood. I've copied the entire c:\eqemu folder somewhere else. I actually have a VMware image of the server from yesterday as well. So if you don't have to recompile every time there's an update...does simply downloading the ZIP file for the latest update, copying then contents over your existing files (world.exe, eqlaunch.exe, etc) suffice? It's the process for successfully updating to a new version that I'm cloudy on.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:19 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baruuk View Post
does simply downloading the ZIP file for the latest update, copying then contents over your existing files (world.exe, eqlaunch.exe, etc) suffice?
I assume you are referring to this zip file that you mention in you earlier post:
EQEmu-Rev2022-Bots.zip
I have actually never done it that way, so personally I am not sure if that works. Probably does. Anyone?

My process for applying updates:
1) Backup.
2) Right click C:\EQEmu\EQEmuSource folder and select "SVN Update" and get the latest stuff (I have obviously installed Tortoise SVN, for anyone scratching their head).
3) Open MS Visual C++ 2008 Express and recompile as outlined in this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32293 (I do have some custom C++ code that I want included in the update, that's why I re-compile from "scratch" so to speak.)
4) For me I go here: C:\EQEmu\EQEmuSource\trunk\EQEmuServer\Build and copy the .exe files, and the .dll file to my main server folder (this is also outlined in the above linked guide).

In fact, I need to do this again soon, so I'll complete the process and edit this post if I remember something else.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Baruuk
Sarnak

Thanks much - greatly appreciated. Yah I went ahead and did exactly what you just outlined while I was waiting for reply. I resourced (into a different folder out of sheer paranoia) using Tortoise SVN and then recompiled. I'll go ahead and copy the EXEs and DLL into the EQEMU folder and see how things go. I just wasnt sure if there was some other procedure for updating. You have sparked my curiosity into modifying the source code itself. Mind if i ask what types of customizations you have done in yours?

EDIT: Quick update - excellent news! By updating the server code and now having the latest PEQ database revisions I can now verify that Crescent Reach is no longer an option as a character starting city in the SOD client, with the exception of Drakkin. Thank you all for your input and assistance.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Good, glad you got it working.

I can go over some stuff I did in the C++ code (nothing fancy) but not now. It may take a few days, but I'll get to it this week (I hope ).
Old 10-29-2011, 02:12 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Ok, Baruuk here's something I am doing:

File Path: C:\EQEmu\EQEmuSource\trunk\EQEmuServer\zone\exp.cp p

Description: Changed the way exp is calculated

Code:
else if (check_level < 62) //added additional steep mod (basically double exp required each new level) revloc02-24Aug2011
	mod = 5.56;
else if (check_level < 63)
	mod = 8.33;
else if (check_level < 64)
	mod = 12.5;
else if (check_level < 65)
	mod = 18.75;
else if (check_level < 66)
	mod = 28.12;
else if (check_level < 67)
	mod = 54.6;
else if (check_level < 68)
	mod = 81.9;
else if (check_level < 69)
	mod = 122.85;
else if (check_level < 70)
	mod = 184.28;
else if (check_level < 71)
	mod = 276.41;
else if (check_level < 72)
	mod = 560;
else if (check_level < 73)
	mod = 840;
else if (check_level < 74)
	mod = 1260;
else if (check_level < 75)
	mod = 1890;
else
	//mod = 3.1;
	mod = 2835;

//float base = (check_levelm1)*(check_levelm1)*(check_levelm1);
float base = pow (check_levelm1, 2.74); //changed exponent revloc02-24Aug2011

//mod *= 1000;
mod *= 10; //changed mod from 1000 to 10 revloc02-29Aug2011

Something else I did is already posted here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32664

Cheers