Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 02-08-2006, 10:55 AM
mystic414
Hill Giant

The PEQ Editor has been updated and completely recoded from the ground up! (again -cavedude)

It supports the latest database updates.

It features a number of bug fixes, improved sql logging, and enhancements to the user interface to make things more friendly and intuitive.

It allows you to edit:
NPCs
Loot tables
Spawns
Merchants
NPC Spellsets
Factions
Tradeskill recipes
Zone data
Misc entries like doors, objects, groundspawns, traps, forage, fishing
Adventures
Tasks
Server data (rules, running zones, petitions, bugs, hackers, reported players)
Spells
Items
Read only access to players, accounts, and guilds

This list will change frequently, and may not be up to date!

Find out more: http://www.peqtgc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=29

Official SVN (Currently maintained):
https://github.com/ProjectEQ/peqphpeditor

Last edited by joligario; 07-01-2015 at 10:28 AM.. Reason: Updated link to Github as Google Code was locked.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:03 PM
Belfedia
Demi-God

Nice good work mystic414, i download it quickly

Edit1:
A little bug, if you install peq_editor for the first time, remove the first line "DROP TABLE peq_admin;" on schema.sql (error 1050 at line 1 : Unknow table 'peq_admin').
http://eqfroggy.new.fr : Froggy French Server Website.

Last edited by Belfedia; 02-08-2006 at 08:27 PM..
Old 02-08-2006, 02:41 PM
typhoon
Sarnak

mystic414,

Love the editor.. keep up the good work.

I found an error in the allspells.sql file and posted on the support forum for your tool on the projecteq. Basically not all the `s were replaced with \'s in the file so when you import it, alot of the spells are missing from the spells table.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:06 PM
mystic414
Hill Giant

I had these posts split into a new thread, since the old one was getting bloated.

I responded to the sql error in PEQ's forum too, but thought I'd mention here that I'm not having the problem sourcing that file. If anyone else is, please let me know, so that I know it's not just an isolated problem, and I'll look into it more.

I fixed a number of relatively minor bugs in the editor in the past few days, so you all might want to re-download it. The easiest way to upgrade is to make a backup of your config.php file, delete EVERYTHING in the editor's folder, and unzip the download into it. Then just copy your config.php file back in, and you should be fine.

If you don't want to have to re-download everything every time I make a bug fix, you might want to look into getting the editor via CVS.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:51 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Can't get past login

Anyone here have any idea why I would get the "Invalid username or password" error , with the default admin/password log in?

Thanks
Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Anyone here have any idea why I would get the "Invalid username or password" error , with the default admin/password log in?

Thanks
I'll answer this one to myself again
What happened was, I forgot to type in the "USE peq" , before I sourced them - maybe add that to the schema.sql, for dummies like me.

Great editor BTW, but you probably already know that.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Just a footnote for anyone who is working the EQ database;
This editor also works almost perfectly with Cavedudes EQ database - only problems I have seen so far is, some of the higher zones don't appear in the drop-down menu, so you can't work on them (example: Harbingers Spire). Also I noticed spawns will not stick to the coordinates I make for them, but I can still make the NPC, then go in game and add them from the database.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:31 PM
EliteSting
Sarnak

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not , I can't find it using the search function. I added in the functionality to edit Omens of War zones , and also added in the new bodytypes for that expansion. Hope someone finds it usefull.

PEQ DB Editor v. 1.1

Angelox EDIT;

Revised Editors , Nov 2008
PEQ
AX_CLASSIC

Last edited by Angelox; 11-28-2008 at 04:01 PM.. Reason: Fixed Links
Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 AM
paaco
Discordant

Very nice Elite, I'm sure this will be appriciated by many I actually use this to make loot tables and factions sometimes, because I haven't found a quicker way
Old 11-04-2006, 12:15 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteSting
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet or not , I can't find it using the search function. I added in the functionality to edit Omens of War zones , and also added in the new bodytypes for that expansion. Hope someone finds it usefull.

PEQ DB Editor v. 1.1
Have you updated it from CVS? if not I have one updated already and everything works, but if you added more stuff , maybe we can combine. heres mine;
Revised Edition Nov 2008

Also there might be a few bodytypes I found that you didn't - if you see anything to merge in to something better, please post.
Thanks

Last edited by Angelox; 11-28-2008 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: Fixing Links
Old 11-06-2006, 09:57 AM
EliteSting
Sarnak

I like yours better Angelox. =P Thanks Mate. I'm in my first month of starting to figure out the techinical end of things , it's going well , but I have alot to learn.
Old 11-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Fighter05
Fire Beetle

How do you source the files into the database?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 AM
paaco
Discordant

Easiest way, put them into your mysql/bin folder. Log into your mysql database from a command prompt and type source filename.sql;
Old 03-03-2007, 09:33 AM
cylocke
Fire Beetle

Default editor trouble

I have to first set the path in cmd to get this to work correctly
mysql -u root mysql -p

when prompted for the password to get to the mysql prompt the password was denied, I did check winmysqladmin to see what the password was I did enter it in correctly
even tried changing it, I'm stuck on this part of it.

any ideas?
Old 08-21-2007, 03:56 PM
gernblan
Discordant

Curious, what license is the editor released under?

I mean if someone makes changes to it and wants to share them, is that allowed?
Jest 4 Server
Linux (Jest3 runs on Fedora, our Dev servers usually run on Ubuntu and/or Gentoo), OC-12 Connection = Hella Fast