Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Default Open BETA of "Jer's Server" begins 12/14/14

We've been working on this server for quite some time now and the burden of testing everything has taken away from the fun of creating new content. While there have been several of you logging in and playing content (THANK YOU!) we'd like to get more of the game tested and debugged.

The server is a legit server, no GM commands available to players, so don't ask. If you want that type of server, this isn't your playground. The original EverQuest game Vanilla through Luclin is, for the most part, intact and playable. Where this server differs is we've added new quests, npc's, events, and items for levels 1 to 60. There is plenty to discover that is different from what you remember, gear in particular.

The server's first major expansion, Worlds Apart, is under construction and needs testers as well. The level cap has been raised from 60 to 70. The expansion may use familiar geography, but everything is custom from this point forward. For those of you who are Stargate fans, you will enjoy this expansion.

Visit Historian Salazar under the bridge near the soulbinder in poknowledge for more information in game.

The server will support all clients through RoF1.

Thank you,

Salvanna Emberleaf
Jer's Server
Old 12-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Mutedrobot
Fire Beetle

Trying it out now Is there any way of reporting bugs?
Old 12-17-2014, 12:10 AM
zeldik
Sarnak

Fun but simple Ill prob be back later...
Old 12-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Holiday OFFLINE Schedule for Jer's Server:

OFFLINE : 12/22/14 - 12/29/14
Enjoy your holiday season and the server will be back up on Dec. 30th.
Old 02-19-2015, 11:24 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

The majority of the 29 new zones are completed for the server's first "expansion" and I invite you all to come enjoy the content while helping to test and tune the events.

In order to facilitate testers, I have placed an NPC in poknowledge near the soulbinder named Lyissa Owleyes who is willing to advance your level 1 new character to level 55 (including all spells) if you speak to her (password as of 2/19/15: solusek). She does not give you weapons or equipment.

Thank you for your help in making this server more enjoyable; it has been a blast to create the totally custom content for the expansion.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:31 PM
uzi88
Fire Beetle

Cant get this server to load on rof or titanium, just hangs or crashes to desktop
Old 02-20-2015, 04:42 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

I have not experienced this myself (probably because I'm playing from a client on the same machine as the server) but others have seen this too, including the other developer, the server's namesake, and trying to log in a couple times (as recent as yesterday) allowed entry. I'm not sure what the issue is, as he is using the exact same client I am using (literally a copy of mine).

I have had players use clients from basic Titanium to RoF2 successfully logging in.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:45 PM
uzi88
Fire Beetle

i went and got a fresh underfoot client and that seems to be working now. will give this a shot
Old 03-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Patch notes (2015030:

Corrected many typos in NPC conversations.

The expansion Worlds Apart has been enlarged to include 31 new custom zones, some accessible beginning at level 55, most at level 60+.

The following zones in the expansion Worlds Apart are fully implemented and ready to receive players once they gain access (thank you to those who helped test these zones): Broodlands v.1, Bloodfields v.1, Icefall v.1, Valdeholm v.1, Ashengate v.1

The following zones in the expansion Worlds Apart need more testing and itemization: Stillmoonb v.1, Hohonora v.1, Crystallos v.1, Discordtower v.1

The password for speaking with Lyissa Owleyes will remain solusek until 3/22/15.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:42 AM
Thorpa
Fire Beetle

Default Server jeb

Looks like your server has potential. But let ma ask you, what makes your sever unique? FYI: legit with custom content isn't unique or even new. Plenty out there do this exact same thing.

Is there a box limit, or bots/mercs, possibly scaled down raid mobs? Custom progression? I feel that far too many "legit classic server" DEVS dont realize how played out the concept is. Something as simple as tuning content at 12 man raids with a two box limit is so much more attractive. That way you get folks appealed to join the server with the added benifit of experiencing your artistic influence of custom content.

To clarify: adding a handful of quests isn't going to change the overall experience of EQ enough for most to start fresh on "random server xyz"
Old 03-13-2015, 12:51 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpa View Post
Looks like your server has potential. But let ma ask you, what makes your sever unique? FYI: legit with custom content isn't unique or even new. Plenty out there do this exact same thing.

Is there a box limit, or bots/mercs, possibly scaled down raid mobs? Custom progression? I feel that far too many "legit classic server" DEVS dont realize how played out the concept is. Something as simple as tuning content at 12 man raids with a two box limit is so much more attractive. That way you get folks appealed to join the server with the added benifit of experiencing your artistic influence of custom content.

To clarify: adding a handful of quests isn't going to change the overall experience of EQ enough for most to start fresh on "random server xyz"
Have you tried offering to assist the operator?

Quote:
Something as simple as tuning content at 12 man raids with a two box limit is so much more attractive.
Sounds like you would have a grip on how to do this, thus could possibly be helpful in a more active constructive manner. Maybe they're taking applications from their member-base?
Old 03-13-2015, 03:30 PM
Thorpa
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghanja View Post
Have you tried offering to assist the operator?

Sounds like you would have a grip on how to do this, thus could possibly be helpful in a more active constructive manner. Maybe they're taking applications from their member-base?
I'm currently working with someone to potentially develop our own server, but not sure if we'll have the funding/knowledge. This seemed like a "blank-slate" I was offering up some friendly advice so it didn't get lost in the sea of servers that fade into oblivion.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:54 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Thanks for the feedback Thorpa. The server isn't EQ with "a handful of quests" added. While the original game is present, many new items, quests, npcs, events, rewards, and scripts have been added to the classic - Luclin era (all custom made, not something you can look up on a website and defeat with 12 instead of 72 players).

What is "unique" to this server is all of the content post-Luclin, what I'm calling our "first" expansion, Worlds Apart. While I agree the idea of custom content isn't unique in and of itself, this particular content is unlike any you've seen on other servers. The best way to explain it is for players to immerse themselves in it and experience it for themselves. To facilitate this, and for those who wish to bypass the lower (1-55) levels, the npc Lyissa Owleyes in poknowledge has been created (see posts above).
Old 03-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Patch notes ( 20150324 )

Several harmful-to-play spells have been disabled or removed to make gameplay more challenging.

The following zones in the expansion Worlds Apart are fully implemented and ready to receive players once they gain access (thank you to those who helped test these zones): Crystallos v.1 (be ready for a fun event where some old players from a famous guild on Live's Bristlebane/A.Ro server help you out, comedy added at no extra charge).

A couple new NPCs are in the plane of knowledge, a card dealer and a card shark. These can found in the tradeskill building near the main library entrance (or speak to Historian Salazar under the bridge for information). They offer to identify and buy trading cards for hard to find trinkets. Unidentified trading cards drop randomly from mobs.

The password for speaking with Lyissa Owleyes will remain solusek .
Old 06-07-2015, 12:34 PM
Asylum
Sarnak

Default Patch notes ( 20150607 )

Patch notes ( 20150607 )

The server's first expansion, 'Worlds Apart' is nearly complete and now open to all players level 55+. The level cap is raised from 60 to 70 and 34 new zones are available for players, many requiring progression quests for entry.

The password for speaking with Lyissa Owleyes in poknowledge has been removed and new characters level 5 or lower may request immediate level boosts to 55 with accompanying spells and skills. Items are not provided.

The list of NPCs that drop world stones has been changed to make it easier to obtain the initial stones (Ssra Temple & Mons Letalis). Speak with Lyissa Owleyes for details.

Treasure Goblins are fully implemented and have rare items when they appear after a level-appropriate NPC death.

Reminder: the server was designed with the RoF1 client in mind in order to see all the models and effects. If you are having trouble logging in please let me know. I see many attempts at account creation but no subsequent character creation.

Salvanna Emberleaf
Jer's Server GM