Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Diotic
Fire Beetle

Default Takproject or P2002

I'm having a hard time deciding between these two emulators. I keep seeing varying replies as to which one is better. I know that P2002 is getting titanium/Luclin soon which should bring more people in. Takproject looks like more people are logged in, but as far as I can tell over 50% of the population that is logged in is in the guild Destiny.

I've also read that P2002 is less developed than Takproject where as npc stats aren't correct and content isn't as complete, but is there any hard proof on this, or is it just other people bashing the server?

If anybody who has played on both can shine some light, it would be appreciated. I'd like to know which server to plant some roots in without worrying if this one is going to die and have to start all over.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2016, 03:57 PM
NostalgiaEQ
Banned

where are you seeing p2002 on the server list? I thought Tak and p2002 were the same thing.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:18 PM
Diotic
Fire Beetle

P2002 does not show up on the server list, it is a different emulator based off of Takproject coding.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:45 PM
Elysius
Sarnak

Compare P2002's changelog over the past few months:

http://p2002.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=34

With TAKP's:

http://www.takproject.net/forums/ind.../changelog.24/

That should be all you need to know.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

TAKP is better.

Destiny accounts for maybe 20% of the pop. Austerity is another 20%. Nephilim is about another 20%. Temerity is about 5%. The rest are unguilded and do just fine.

Regarding server NPC stats and mechanics - extensive work was done on live and EQMac to make sure the server is preserved on TAKP.

If you want to play on the titanium client for some reason then P99 is a more accurate experience than P2002.
Old 10-12-2016, 12:17 PM
haynar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NostalgiaEQ View Post
where are you seeing p2002 on the server list? I thought Tak and p2002 were the same thing.
Yep. Same server. Always have been.

Good luck running your own server.
Old 10-23-2016, 12:32 PM
Hocico
Fire Beetle

My impression is that TAKP GMs seem to focus on the perfect code. On P2002 they focus on the playerbase and providing an enjoyable playing experience and on good code.
Old 10-23-2016, 02:36 PM
haynar
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocico View Post
My impression is that TAKP GMs seem to focus on the perfect code. On P2002 they focus on the playerbase and providing an enjoyable playing experience and on good code.
Takp "devs" focus on recreating the Al'Kabor server which was shut down a few years ago. They want to recreate that AK experience.

P2002 focuses on a PoP era server.

Each project has different goals and offers something slightly different.

Both servers want their users to have an enjoyable playing experience. They just do it differently.

Takp figured (actually Speedz) out how to get their server to show up on the eqemu server list. P2002 could do this too if they wanted. Being up higher on the prefered list requires stability and good standing in the EQEmu community.

Takp is for the old school people, low drama, especially the Legacy AK people, who want to get along and just play.

You want to compare and contrast? Go to p2002. We don't want people who want to play the us vs them game. Just skip the middle man and go straight to p2002. You wouldn't notice the difference.