Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:22 AM
Oochie
Fire Beetle

Default New kid on the block

Hiya everyone. I had an itch for a new MMO and instead of buying the newer recycled trash they are processing out these days, I decided to go back to the basics. I never played EQ before and I'm all ready to dive into the experience.

My only question is: which of the servers is closest to the original EQ? I'm looking to play the standard straight out of the box game. Not to interested in custom moded or tweeked rates. My version is UF dled from steam. Any information and assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thx thx.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:36 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Project 99 is the original classic emulation server, and currently just approaching Age of Kunark - they however require Titanium EQ version to play (SoD possible, but causes significant issues)

PEQ Grand Creation - is the LIVE-like, GoD era server.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:55 AM
Oochie
Fire Beetle

Yah, I created a char on PEQ. Seemed to be the least tampered with server that my expansion was compatible with.

Since I'm new to EQ n all, I had a couple questions I wanting to ask in game. I found the communication npc and he said I could use ooc chat to talk over the server with others. I seem to be restricted from using ooc atm tho. I'm sure this is due to Lv or time played on the server but if i could get some more detailed info on this subject that would be great.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

Welcome to the community.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oochie View Post
I seem to be restricted from using ooc atm tho. I'm sure this is due to Lv or time played on the server but if i could get some more detailed info on this subject that would be great.
I am not savvy to that server's specific restrictions, but I know the default rules on my server say a person can't send a tell or use /ooc until they're either over level 5 or over 24 hours played on the character. This was implemented as an anti-spam feature.
Old 03-03-2011, 02:55 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oochie View Post
I found the communication npc and he said I could use ooc chat to talk over the server with others. I seem to be restricted from using ooc atm tho. I'm sure this is due to Lv or time played on the server but if i could get some more detailed info on this subject that would be great.
This NPC and his quest match what he says if you play on a Live server. On Live though all of the standard channels are only zone wide. No one outside your zone can see the text. On most EMU servers, this is not true. These channels are set to be open server wide.