Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Ardy_cz
Fire Beetle

Red face Prob with eqgame how to edit that patchme thing

I ve got problem with eqgame when select wintersroar and press play button.
It crashes to windows and some table appears smthing like "Some problems with eqgame.exe has occured and it is necessary to close it .... Ive read something about editing some shortcut with "patchme " in the end but I am totaly confused would somebody pls help me?

P.S. Excuse my english Iam really angry I am trying to fix it for about 3 days with no positive result :/
Old 01-17-2005, 05:09 AM
commandandkill
Fire Beetle

Unhappy waaaaa

i know ive got the same problem evertime i have logged in and i pressed play and it says eqggame.exe has encountered a problem, can someone plz help me with sorting this out
Old 01-17-2005, 05:26 AM
mattmeck

if its a WR issue see the WR forums.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:56 PM
canucklehead
Fire Beetle

sorry if this sounds stupid but where is the WR forums? is that the windows related forum? I have the same problem as these guys and am trying to figure it out. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, made sure a/v was off and still get the same error that eqgame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I can run the tutorial just not the game itself. I already changed the target to have patchme at the end and i cant find anything that ive done wrong.I looked in the windows server forums and didn't see any info on this problem so any help would be appreciated...

Thanx alot
Old 01-21-2005, 02:01 PM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Go to the Winter's Roar forums for Winter's Roar server play questions. That server is using server code that has been heavily modified to the point that you will not receive any technical support here.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:02 PM
mattmeck

For those having an issue with winters roar see there forum for the people having issues with the current login server, its because your patched to live and were not compadable with live and there is nothing you can do to become compadable but wait.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Cailin
Sarnak

Two things that could be the culprit:
1. Check your eqhost.txt file to make sure that it doesn't have more than one carriage return after the LoginServer= line. You should have ONE blank line, but 2 may crash the client.
2. This is what happened to me, so you're probably in the same boat: eqgame.exe is trying to set a refresh rate and resolution on your monitor/video card that it can't do. If Windows is telling eqgame.exe that the refresh rate or resolution it's trying to switch to is invalid for your hardware, then eqgame.exe will crash. SO, I suggest lowering the resolution of the game, you can do this in OptionsEditor.exe. DO NOT run EverQuest.exe, because that's the patcher and you'll make your installation incompatible with EQemu.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:11 AM
Ardy_cz
Fire Beetle

Yes thats true but i still cant play because the patcher is downloading new eqgame.exe. Which is not compatible with eqemu. I hope that new version of eqemu, which we are waiting for, will solve that problem if not then............ :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-(