Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Gamist
Fire Beetle

Love the ease of this pack, it's worked very smoothly so far. But unfortunately I can't seem to run my server offline. The instructions for this pack says that I didn't need internet after the install was done. But I tried afterwards and it doesn't want to load the server without an internet connection. I followed all the steps for a LAN setup. And it tested fine with the internet on, but not without. Am I missing something here?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamist View Post
Love the ease of this pack, it's worked very smoothly so far. But unfortunately I can't seem to run my server offline. The instructions for this pack says that I didn't need internet after the install was done. But I tried afterwards and it doesn't want to load the server without an internet connection. I followed all the steps for a LAN setup. And it tested fine with the internet on, but not without. Am I missing something here?
What do you mean it doesn't want to load the server without an internet connection?

Can you give more detail on this
Old 06-08-2017, 04:08 PM
Gamist
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
What do you mean it doesn't want to load the server without an internet connection?

Can you give more detail on this
Augh! I'm the idiot here. I looked back over my eqemu_config.xml, and there was one place where I didn't enter my ip correctly, so that was why my server wasn't connecting offline! But I just tested it and it works perfectly now!

Seriously though, you've saved me hours of headache with this pack!

Just one other question, no big deal if you don't know it, but when I start Everquest, it always defaults to a window instead of Fullscreen. I've tried changing it in-game to fullscreen and even used alt-enter, but as soon as I click in the game it switches it back to a small window. The game is still playable, but playing in window mode is just annoying. Thanks again!
Old 06-20-2017, 09:52 AM
Hao3w
Fire Beetle

Nice job,just come here to say 'thanks'!

Installed fluently on WINDOWS 7 and WINDOWS 2012 R2 ,also played successfully both on LAN and Internet,perfect and amazing!

Richard
Old 07-10-2017, 05:03 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Deleted comment. My error

Last edited by Fridgecritter; 07-10-2017 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: error
Old 07-14-2017, 07:07 PM
StrangeBrew
Fire Beetle

Hello, I decided to try running my own server. I read the instructions and downloaded eqemu_installer_files.zip extracted and proceeded to run eqemu_install.bat as administrator. The install did not finished though as I received the following error.

--------------------------------------

[Update] Fetched latest plugins
format error: file is too short
at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.pm line 667
Archive::Zip::Archive::_findEndOfCentralDirectory( 'Archive::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x3c9ffb4)', 'IO::File=GLOB(0x3ea401c)') called at C:/Perl/lib/A
rchive/Zip/Archive.pm line 581
Archive::Zip::Archive::readFromFileHandle('Archive ::Zip::Archive=HASH(0x3c9ffb4)', 'IO::File=GLOB(0x3ea401c)', 'updates_staged/Quests-Plugins-
master.zip') called at C:/Perl/lib/Archive/Zip/Archive.pm line 548
Archive::Zip::Archive::read('Archive::Zip::Archive =HASH(0x3c9ffb4)', 'updates_staged/Quests-Plugins-master.zip') called at eqemu_server.pl lin
e 1700
main::unzip('updates_staged/Quests-Plugins-master.zip', 'updates_staged/') called at eqemu_server.pl line 1628
main::plugins_fetch() called at eqemu_server.pl line 382
main::do_installer_routines() called at eqemu_server.pl line 271
main::new_server() called at eqemu_server.pl line 765
main::show_menu_prompt() called at eqemu_server.pl line 483
main::check_for_world_bootup_database_update() called at eqemu_server.pl line 71
read error at eqemu_server.pl line 1701.
Press any key to continue . . .
------------------------------------------------------

I tried downloading the file 'https://github.com/EQEmu/Quests-Plugins/archive/master.zip' manually but received a 404 error from the github site. Is there a new location where this file is obtained?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 07-17-2017, 02:31 PM
klipche
Fire Beetle

Will this run on Win10? I installed it under win10 and it all seems to run but when I try to connect with my eq client the login just stays trying to log in. Never says could not connect or never does connect just paused in the state of trying.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:21 PM
Fridgecritter
Hill Giant

Default Server crash loop 30 zones...

I did a search for the error I'm having, and it seems it was happening to a few other people in the past, once when peq was moved for some reason? Anyhow what's happening now is after starting the start batch, it shows World: UP Zones (counts from 1 to 30) then shows World: Down. This repeats infinitely and the server never appears on the server select. Nothing shows in the logs except the last data from when I logged in with my eq client.

[UPDATE] After reinstalling the server, I edited the config file and added </locked> to it, but apparently I'm adding it in the wrong spot in the config. That was the issue that was causing the loop. I deleted that </locked> part and it ran perfectly. Now I just need to know where to put the </locked> part so the server starts up locked by default while I develop it. [/UPDATE]
Old 07-22-2017, 12:13 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default Installer error.

How's it going Akkadius?

This new installer you created looks pretty amazing and I hope I can get it to work on Windows 10. I have been gone for a good while after I decided to cancel my last project before ever being released. I want to get back on EQemu and see what I can brew up again but I am rusty as old nails. I ran into an issue with the installer files that are directly from the wiki. It doesn't appear to be pulling the database correctly. Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:49 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
How's it going Akkadius?

This new installer you created looks pretty amazing and I hope I can get it to work on Windows 10. I have been gone for a good while after I decided to cancel my last project before ever being released. I want to get back on EQemu and see what I can brew up again but I am rusty as old nails. I ran into an issue with the installer files that are directly from the wiki. It doesn't appear to be pulling the database correctly. Any help would be awesome. Thank you.

This means you're missing the path to your MySQL bin folder - which the installer adds. Usually this is because someone already has had a database engine installed prior when the installer clearly mentions 'clean install'.

Uninstall MariaDB, remove the folder from program files.

Download the installer fresh - run as admin
Old 07-22-2017, 02:58 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
This means you're missing the path to your MySQL bin folder - which the installer adds. Usually this is because someone already has had a database engine installed prior when the installer clearly mentions 'clean install'.

Uninstall MariaDB, remove the folder from program files.

Download the installer fresh - run as admin
Nevermind.. This is too stressful trying without a fresh install. I might just reformat tomorrow.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:07 AM
rixcraven
Sarnak

Default A few install issues

Just tried the installer on a brand new Win7pro (using VMware)
installer ran through noting a few errors that did not stop it completing.
However, when I try to run it (either just the server OR the server with login) the window opens then disappears immediately.
Trying to launch World.exe brings up "api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll" missing, So I got the .dll and dropped it into the install folder, retrying the server start and got the same immediate closure, starting world.exe reports
"The app was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)"
I really need some advice on this... I'm not a beginner, but this is perplexing me.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've never heard of that DLL issue before and doesn't sound right at all - I guess is start over from a fully updated win7 box
Old 08-12-2017, 03:10 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

I run into that once, was no big deal, just a bad install : Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
Old 08-12-2017, 06:47 PM
rixcraven
Sarnak

Default Leads to another error!

I did the c++ redist install... was reported as ok.
on server restart I now get "The procedure entry point ucrtbase.terminate could not be located in the dynamic link library api-ms-win-crt-runtime"
Would this be easier like Akka suggested, just remove it all and do a new full install?

BTW, a big thanks for the help so far!!!