Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:58 PM
rayman121985
Sarnak

Default Bots?

Does this awesome repack have bots included? I will be using it for my own LAN play and bots come in handy! THANKS!
Old 07-21-2016, 05:21 PM
Uleat
Developer

The default for the installer (or manual installation) is for BOTS disabled.

DanCanDo has a link around here for some pre-compiled BOTS-enabled binaries..or you can use the new option '18' in the eqemu_update.pl script to download the
enabled binaries.

If you want to make changes to your server code, you will need to run cmake, enable bots there, and compile your own binaries.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Samus123456
Fire Beetle

First I wanna say, great job with this installer! It works very well; the only problem I'm having is, I can't zone into the new Commonlands, South Ro, or North Ro zones via #zone. When I try, it sends me there, then immediately loads the old version of the zone. All other zones with 2 versions work fine. Any idea what I can do to get those 3 working?
Old 07-23-2016, 03:05 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus123456 View Post
First I wanna say, great job with this installer! It works very well; the only problem I'm having is, I can't zone into the new Commonlands, South Ro, or North Ro zones via #zone. When I try, it sends me there, then immediately loads the old version of the zone. All other zones with 2 versions work fine. Any idea what I can do to get those 3 working?
That's a separate thread post rather than an issue with the installer.

Would have to look at each of those individually, and it also depends on what you have available in your client files.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Samus123456
Fire Beetle

Apologies, I'll post in a different area.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Excuses
Hill Giant

Hey guys, just a quick question that has trchnically.being answered but it is quite wierd.

Used this installer on an old windows 7 with any possible conflict that could happen and it ran like a dream. Reformated windows 7 x64 and now i am.having the issue of perl512 not being found. If it is a fresh install of W7 how can that be possible besides the stock perl.files that came with windows?

Any help would be appreciated.

Ps i have uninstalled and removed any perl libs or bindaries and reinstalled via eqemu installer
Old 08-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Uleat
Developer

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet...tivestate-perl

Try that..

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-13-2016, 06:34 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Ok stuck. It WAS not a fresh install, however I went through and uninstalled MySQL/MariaDB and Perl in an attempt to make it a fresh install. (No EQ server files remained either). After 6 attempts to install/uninstall I always run into the same problem so I'm hoping someone has a fix:

I've uninstalled VBS and reinstalled it, tried to repair it so I'm not sure what is not playing well with others.

EDIT: I fixed it by downloading what I could from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=8328
Old 08-13-2016, 07:15 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

That particular DLL pertains to C++ run times.

Old 08-13-2016, 07:23 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
That particular DLL pertains to C++ run times.
Yea for me, there is no way around it. I have around 60 games on Steam all requiring different versions of VBS:

Akkas is a damn genius for even getting this to work at all. Mad props to him
Old 08-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Uninstalling previous pre-requisites does not make it a clean install, I've had to explain that a few different times to people

All you were missing was run times
Old 08-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Warkral
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Uninstalling previous pre-requisites does not make it a clean install, I've had to explain that a few different times to people

All you were missing was run times
Yes but please understand. Your obviously very good at this. A developer or programmer, whatever. Most of us have never even taken a single course in c++. We just read the Wiki, follow it as best we can and when we run into trouble, Google like mad until we give up and then post here.

I spend hours googling and going through threads before I ask for help, but I don't really have the first clue how to fix even the most basic of problems. You look at the problem and laugh, I look at it and scratch my head in total confusion. Just wanted to say thanks for being so patient with those of us who do struggle with this stuff. Without you, we be up s**t creek, without a paddle.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:57 PM
eqemuross
Hill Giant

Works flawlessly on Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I've even compiled my own source using all x86 components and it runs my source perfectly.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:15 PM
freakinacage001
Fire Beetle

fresh install on win 10 64bit runs fine
Old 09-07-2016, 11:16 AM
kira1000
Fire Beetle

Hi, how big are the server assets? I know the installer itself is 150MB, but what about the files it pulls from the server? Thanks