Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-02-2009, 01:26 AM
KingMort
Banned

Default Bards

I played a bard on Live since Jan 2001, so if any devs wish to pick my brain concerning bards please PM me or see me in IRC..

Currently I have noticed there are several issues twisting , forced to use /stopsong alot... Also Melody was working before but for some reason it's not now??

Also Swarm Kiting doesn't work.. the mobs don't react like they do on live when I swarm kite.. I charm mob , send it after the other mob but the other mob.. They fight but the rest of the swarm ignores their fight.. and just keeps running at me..

King Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 01-02-2009, 05:17 AM
Richardo
Banned

Hey KingMort,

Didn't they stop using / client commands for eqemu due to insufficient op_codes? I do believe #->server side commands are used! Commands like #melody, etc.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:54 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

I thought that in an effort to be more like live the bard was left intentionally broke

Nah, really I have nothing to add.
Old 01-05-2009, 08:54 AM
KingMort
Banned

Well , I don't think there is a bard on Live that doesn't use melody... Veteran or N00b... It sort of makes it so you don't get carpal-tunnel hehe !

Would love to see that come back...

yeah there is no #melody atm.. so not sure whatsup.. It used to work like I said in eqemu..
Old 01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Kobaz
Hill Giant

#melody kinda works. If you do the following:

#melody 1 2 4 6
/cast 1
/cast 2
/cast 4
/cast 6

Stopping it is a pain though - I seem to have to mash #melody several times and then a harmless song at least 5 times to make it stop.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:20 PM
KingMort
Banned

Thats creative , I will mention that to the bards who play on my server thanks

Anyway what I really would love to get working is Swarm Kiting..

It seems the npc's don't have enough interest in the charmed pet they stick with going after the owner... Is there a rule that can be adjusted with this new agro system without messing everything up??
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 AM
demonstar55
Demi-God

#melody works fine on PEQ where I play a bard as my main, I just do #melody 1 2 3 4 to start twisting what I want and then #melody to stop, but of course the emu has a weird bug of draining your endurance while twisting, happen to me with manual, macros, and #melody, you just need to bash a song until your endurance goes back up and you should be fine to jump etc. I'd guess it's because the server doesn't get a song stopped packet or something, not too savvy on the code of the emu, just taking a shot in the dark
Old 05-17-2009, 02:08 PM
KingMort
Banned

BUMP

Really would love to get bards working PEQ are you guys down to give out the #melody code??

Does not seem to be working.. Would love to get bards working correctly.. Even manually twisting is messed up can only do maybe 3 songs TOPS.. On live I can twist up to 4 or 5..

King
Old 05-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Siyan23
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same problem as Mort. And this is what keeps happening -

I'll try to twist, and as soon as I hit one of my hotbuttons to end a song and start another, I'll get a line that looks like this on my chat bar:

Your song ends!
Your song ends!
Your song ends!
Your song ends!

It completely interrupts whatever song I wanted to start next, and sometimes I'll have to click a song two or three times afterwards before it will catch and I can twist another song. It's absolutely impossible to twist more than three songs this way, and even that is a struggle.

Also, sometimes songs absolutely will not turn off. Not with /stopsong, nothing. I have to camp out and come back in order to break it off.

/melody does not work either, as has been pointed out. And #melody is a command, at least on the server I play on, that cannot be recognized. Melody does not make the class what it is, but it certainly eases the burden while playing.

In conclusion, I certainly do not mean to be a pest and cry over broken content in a game I get to play for free - but I think more fun could be had for everyone all around if one of the most unique and beloved classes in the game were fixed to the point where they were playable to a wider range of players. Not just the ones like myself who are determined to play it just for the love of our memory of the class. Thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Siyan23
Fire Beetle

Here's a screenshot of what I was talking about above
Old 05-17-2009, 04:56 PM
drakelord
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
BUMP

Really would love to get bards working PEQ are you guys down to give out the #melody code??

Does not seem to be working.. Would love to get bards working correctly.. Even manually twisting is messed up can only do maybe 3 songs TOPS.. On live I can twist up to 4 or 5..

King
#melody code is available in the emu source code on the projecteq site, o.o; And I just tested it in game, it works fine, other than an overabundance of status messages that needs to be fixed.
Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Yeah, #melody is in the EQEmu (not PEQ) SVN: http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/

On a side note, I finally realized why everybody thinks that SVN is PEQs! Wildcard named it projecteqemu... He didn't mean Project EverQuest which is what PEQ stands for, but rather more like the EQEmu Project. That never really clicked for me before. Haha.
Old 05-19-2009, 01:21 PM
KingMort
Banned

Strange guess that didn't make it into my binaries for some reason..

Says command unknown when they type #melody...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:33 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Just go back to the revision it went in, and diff it out for your server.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

#melody isn't all that great, it's buggy and can be used to exploit things (singing while invis) AFAIK the dev that worked on it left :/