Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 02-16-2016, 01:21 PM
Uleat
Developer

Try `bot_data` last as most of the constraints are tied to the `bot_id` column there.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-17-2016, 11:06 AM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Ok so i was able to delete everything from the other tables and then delete the bot_data erasing the bots which is good. I came up with another issue though. Under Rule_values where u can limit the amount of bots people can have up at one time I set it to 1 and it is not working. Set at 1 people are still able to spawn multiple bots at the same time.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Uleat
Developer

https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob.../bot.cpp#L9722

Make sure that the rule you are changing in the database is named 'Bots:SpawnLimit' exactly - no deviations in spelling.

Quote:
"Bots:QuestableSpells", Anita Thrall's (Anita_Thrall.pl) Bot Spell Scriber quests.
"Bots:CreationLimit", Number of bots that each account can create
"Bots:SpawnLimit", Number of bots a character can have spawned at one time, You + 71 bots is a 12 group raid
"Bots:ManaRegen", Adjust mana regen for bots, 1 is fast and higher numbers slow it down 3 is about the same as players.
"Bots:QuestableSpawnLimit", Optional quest method to manage bot spawn limits using the quest_globals name bot_spawn_limit, see: /bazaar/Aediles_Thrall.pl
"Bots:GroupBuffing", Bots will cast single target buffs as group buffs, default is false for single. Does not make single target buffs work for MGB.
"Bots:FinishBuffing", Allow for buffs to complete even if the bot caster is out of mana. Only affects buffing out of combat.
"Bots:AAExpansion", The expansion through which bots will obtain AAs

The `ruleset_id` also plays a role in this..though, I can never figure out which one is supposed to be active...

Code:
SELECT * FROM `rule_sets` LIMIT 1;
..returns "3", "merc_test" for me...

(Is this why rulesets are so hard to deal with?)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-17-2016, 08:06 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Mine says Bots:SpawnBotCount
And my rule_set is at 1
Old 02-17-2016, 08:24 PM
Uleat
Developer

There's 8 rule name changes starting here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/blob...pdate.pl#L1119

You'll need to update the names to match what the server code uses.

Code:
	if(get_mysql_result("SELECT `rule_name` FROM `rule_values` WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bots:BotAAExpansion'") ne "" && $db){
		print get_mysql_result("UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_name` = 'Bots:AAExpansion' WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bots:BotAAExpansion';");
	}	
	if(get_mysql_result("SELECT `rule_name` FROM `rule_values` WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bots:AAExpansion'") eq "" && $db){
		print get_mysql_result("INSERT INTO `rule_values` VALUES ('1', 'Bots:AAExpansion', '8', 'The expansion through which bots will obtain AAs');");
	}

It sounds like you have the old rule names in place..so, you should be able to just run the 8 UPDATE queries.

Still not sure why your install wouldn't register for the updater script.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-18-2016, 11:32 AM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Yea it seems my updates are not working very well through the updater for some reason. I have to manually source in everything.
is there a way to copy and paste that code without getting all the numbers
Old 02-18-2016, 01:01 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

I got this when doing the query

SQL Error (1064): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'if(get_mysql_result("SELECT `rule_name` FROM `rule_values` WHERE `rule_name` LIK' at line 1 */
Old 02-18-2016, 04:40 PM
Uleat
Developer

Remember, you just want the SQL portion of those lines.

Code:
print get_mysql_result("UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_name` = 'Bots:AAExpansion' WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bots:BotAAExpansion';");
would be

Code:
UPDATE `rule_values` SET `rule_name` = 'Bots:AAExpansion' WHERE `rule_name` LIKE 'Bots:BotAAExpansion';

The outer 'wrapper' is the perl script - which doesn't run too well in MySQL

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-18-2016, 07:47 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

ok awesome that updated thanks.
so is this Bots:QuestableSpawnLimit a quest people can do to be able to use bots?