Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok, I apologize, but I'm bringing it back down to take another stab at the Linux setup... One way or another I'll have the server up tonight.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:40 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Ok I have it running on Linux, thats the good news the bad news is I had to start up with a clean PEQ database... I'll continue working today on getting the account, npc, and quest files moved over. Until that work is done, the server may be up and down a little.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Well that went better than expected from my initial tests, everything seems to be rocking! I'll be online for a while stress testing and if all looks good I shouldn't need to restore it again. All characters have been restored, so let me know if anything is out of place

Thank you, oh and a special thanks to Angelox if you see him he helped me through some errors I was seeing.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:36 PM
xSUFIx
Fire Beetle

Well..figures when its back up..my computer takes a dump.
Went to sleep last night..woke up this morning to a blank screen..
Restarted, BSOD.
Format-still BSOD can't even begin to install windows.
wtf.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:50 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

havent seen anyone on yet... hope everything is setup right. I kept the firewall settings the same so I should be good.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:36 AM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

Nice. I like being able to bounce around from zone to zone. I'd keep the #zone command for everyone. You need a jewlery vendor and some bard armor. Otherwise I like being able to jump around and kill stuff. It's fun soling dragons
Old 08-26-2008, 08:09 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I've been adding armor and weapons to the free vendors as I find stuff that looks nice... If there's anything that you feel should be on there, please let me know. I'm going to add a bag and jewelry vendor tonight... can't believe I didn't think about jewelry sooner I put the Bag of the Tinkerers on one of the vendors for now, of and I went ahead and lowered the requirments to 65 on the fabled spear everyone was asking about

Also, yeah I think i'll be keeping the zone command in... Now that I don't seem suffer zone crashes, or ghost logins I don't see anything wrong with it. I want this server to be fun for everyone, and I do have plans to add special items and quests... I just lack the time

I'd like to hear some feedback on pets though, going through and buffing all of them took some time, and I want to fine tune them where needed.

Thanks for all the feedback so far! we're up to over 300 accounts now!
Old 08-26-2008, 08:17 AM
hayward6
Forum Guide

I noticed something this weekend that sort of bothered me... There are at least two other servers with the same name as this one :( I don't see them active as often, but I don't want anyone to get confused... I might play around with the name of my server a little over the next few days and change it.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

there are 3 freedoms server
what one do you own or they all yours?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:04 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

there are 3 freedoms server
what one do you own or they all yours?
Old 08-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Rocker8956
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayward6 View Post
I noticed something this weekend that sort of bothered me... There are at least two other servers with the same name as this one :( I don't see them active as often, but I don't want anyone to get confused... I might play around with the name of my server a little over the next few days and change it.
Just a suggestion but you could put something like Hayward's or Silverwolf's infront of the name. Though I am always able to find it with ease even with the other 2 or three that start with Freedom.

On a side note, have you considered allowing #peqzone instead of #zone. Seems to keep people from bypassing content to get at named mobs. I think it also can not be used if the character is engaged, removing the instant escape route, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Good suggestion, I'll check it out. I don't really want to restrict anyone too far, the main reason I put the server together was so it could be used as a sort of sandbox for everyone to enjoy. I just don't want one person to zone in to every end zone, kill all the bosses and then log out leaving everyone without those bosses. What I would love to see is a few people banding together to take those bosses on, If I could get that number of people on at the same time and really working together I would be more motivated to create new reasons for them to do that.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:06 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

ok, server has been renamed to Sayin's World and I've bumped the level up to 70. I was also notified about a bug today regarding the plane of knowledge brochure not showing up on characters and then not letting you get another due to it being lore... rather than removing the lore title and covering up the issue, I have removed it from starting items. Go ahead and reroll if you have a character like that, or let me know and I'll clear the inventory for you.

Almost forgot... I'll be going through the item vendors tonight to get them selling better gear for level 70 and also jewelry and other misc items.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:28 PM
evil_sexual_tomato
Fire Beetle

I haven't tried it yet today, but last night whenever I tried to go to Hateplane, Sebilis, and Plane of War (I think) it said I wasn't high enough level. I was 65 last night. Anyhow, I'll log on in a few hours and try this again.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:35 PM
hayward6
Forum Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_sexual_tomato View Post
I haven't tried it yet today, but last night whenever I tried to go to Hateplane, Sebilis, and Plane of War (I think) it said I wasn't high enough level. I was 65 last night. Anyhow, I'll log on in a few hours and try this again.
I saw that in the error logs this morning and thought something was up... let me know if anything changes. I'll do some testing on my own now that I have my vendors setup