Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Default ANYONE USING XP 64 with Intel ?

Anyone here using xp 64 bit with intel processor? If so can u explain some work arounds as EQ does not like this OS at all. I have new drivers for everything and trying to move the eq screen itself anywhere but the first monitor doesnt work well at all. Huge lag and cpu usage skyrockets. Mouse also goes at half speed on entire system when part or all of the eq screen is on any otrher monitor. It doesnt matter if u use wineq2 either, same results. Actually i believe its any game does this. Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance
Old 01-13-2009, 05:36 PM
OscarGrouch05
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostriderdoom View Post
Anyone here using xp 64 bit with intel processor? If so can u explain some work arounds as EQ does not like this OS at all. I have new drivers for everything and trying to move the eq screen itself anywhere but the first monitor doesnt work well at all. Huge lag and cpu usage skyrockets. Mouse also goes at half speed on entire system when part or all of the eq screen is on any otrher monitor. It doesnt matter if u use wineq2 either, same results. Actually i believe its any game does this. Any help would be apreciated.
Thanks in advance
From Computer Tech Support help , Eq Doesn't support 64bit os system.
it was writen for 32bit systems , i can't see them changing this anytime soon
so play on linux or xp 32bit os. other then that you out of luck playing on 64bit os.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:55 PM
trevius
Developer

Before just giving up, you might want to try running it in compatibility mode. Setting compatibility mode is explained in the FAQ in my sig if you look in the section for Dual Core CPU / Vista issues.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:53 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarGrouch05 View Post
From Computer Tech Support help , Eq Doesn't support 64bit os system.
it was writen for 32bit systems , i can't see them changing this anytime soon
so play on linux or xp 32bit os. other then that you out of luck playing on 64bit os.
I have 2 machines and my AMD machine runs fine with eq on it's windows xp 64 bit. But amd has that optimizer . I am thinking this optimizer makes it work because thats the only diffrence i can see between the 2.

So NO ONE is running windows XP 64 bit with intel processor for EQ then ? Thats very hard to believe but anything is possible :(
Old 01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I've tried everything minus 64bit. Compatibility mode should work, but if not, a dual boot or dual HD boot will work.
My laptop has two hardrives, and one has 32bit XP and the other 32bit Vista. Works like a charm, but never tried 64bit.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 01-14-2009, 01:17 AM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeS View Post
I've tried everything minus 64bit. Compatibility mode should work, but if not, a dual boot or dual HD boot will work.
My laptop has two hardrives, and one has 32bit XP and the other 32bit Vista. Works like a charm, but never tried 64bit.

GeorgeS
Compatibility Mode does not work :(
Old 01-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I run EverQuest flawlessly on 64 bit Vista. The only work around was I had to run the application escalated but you obviously don't have that issue. Check your task manager next time you start it to verify that the everquest process is using WoW. You didn't try to force it to install in the Program Files folder did you? It should be running from Program Files (x86).
Old 01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
RevRon
Fire Beetle

I never ran EQEmu but I wanted to do this for my family. Got a new dell Intel i7 Core with 6GB of ram as I thought this would be great and it is running Vista 64 bit. I run the application and have tried different compatibilities modes, Admin, and it is installed to the x86 so that should not have been needed. But when I run it, the command boxes the bat file call opens and closes quickly. I saw an error message but to fast to tell. I checked the event viewer with no help. Any ideas to try as I am also stuck. THANKS.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:52 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I run without any problems at all in Vista64. The only workaround I do is to run the program as an adminstrator so EverQuest can write to the Program Files directory I have it installed in.

Why are you using a batch file to start EverQuest? Just run eqgame.exe.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:49 PM
NebJamin
Fire Beetle

Runs fine for me with Vista 64 w/ Intel.

64-bit O/S's can run programs written for 32-bit, they just can't run programs written for 16-bit, which many programs still use for installers and components.